It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something R-Frequency and E-Class this way comes!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111
[more

refreshing for someone to see the bigger picture
yes we cannot break the speed of light but we can lense and bend space\time using gravity to warp there.. those articles are correct and incorrect...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am not a ham radio person, but I do work on two-way radios and am well versed in spectrum analysis. The frequency spectrum is a huge place and finding one small signal spike in all that territory would be a huge undertaking. It would be even worse if you were in an RF congested area like a city. You add in noise from electrical storms or AC power lines and you are looking for a needle in a haystack. There is also the question of what kind of signal we are to recieve. Will it be AM(amplitude modulation), FM(frequency modulation) or even PM(phase modulation)? Would we recieve only audio or would there be video or data?

Now if the signal were strong enough, and grabbed someones attention, it would be easy to figure all that out. A faint signal will be lost in the sea of noise.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Why the Navy and not the Air Force or NASA? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The Navy have the GOODS ON U.S. secret ops,,they own the Pentagon
You gotta do some back ground on who supplies for covert operations for the USA,,

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drah1168
I am not a ham radio person, but I do work on two-way radios and am well versed in spectrum analysis. The frequency spectrum is a huge place and finding one small signal spike in all that territory would be a huge undertaking. It would be even worse if you were in an RF congested area like a city. You add in noise from electrical storms or AC power lines and you are looking for a needle in a haystack. There is also the question of what kind of signal we are to recieve. Will it be AM(amplitude modulation), FM(frequency modulation) or even PM(phase modulation)? Would we recieve only audio or would there be video or data?

Now if the signal were strong enough, and grabbed someones attention, it would be easy to figure all that out. A faint signal will be lost in the sea of noise.

No you don't look for modulation, you measure radio waves over a band of frequencies and superimpose them to extract information. you would need a radio-telescope for that.

but yeah noise can be a problem, thus one could use filters...
edit on 15-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So earlier someone asked what size ELENIN is?... 2km+ from the horses mouth persay.

What would it be like after a theoretical impact? Well this is a meteor which hit 50,000 years ago

and that was Nickel Based and 50meters accross....BIG BADDA BOOM!!!

On a lighter note I think impact may not be the issue, in fact I think the Coma or tail is where the danger may lie...
To be specific I read recently that Cyanide billows in its wake?

To make it worse I even had a little dreamette (it's in the name...also don't mock, someone asked me to prove my abbillity I mentioned a phone scandal dream as up and comming big scandal ...News Of The World furthermore i told him last year to watch out for it...he scoffed....errmm suck eggs btw) So my Dreamette came to me in the form of words and numbers ...V923 just part of it... It turns out to be a sanskrit verse pertaining to Nodes(Head or Tail) of a Dragon(Comet)... So Directed here possibly...maybe.
I'll not link my thread, it's not the done thing.

But ...I will link the FB page where the horses mouth reports his information sometimes or someone claiming to be him anyway. Strict rules no doom and gloomers mind! Comet Elenin The Official FB Page

edit on 15-8-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your logic is flawed.

They use large dishes here on the ground for listening because they can listen very deep into space but more importantly they are counting on the fact that there will not be a powerful signal near by that wont require a lot of cleaning up.

If any object is broadcasting loud enough close by enough you can absolutely here it if your listening on the right frequency and there is no such thing as being outside of what HAM radio operators can hear its all about the equipment you are using but more importantly there are RF signals passing everywhere and through all spectrum's which is WHY the post's stated it would be looking for a needle in a hay stack.

ALL RF AFFECTS ALL RF...There is no such thing as a stable RF environment or being able to "say for certain" in what form from where it will come from... You can argue with me but experience trumps guy in boxers in moms attic.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Leonid Elenin released a small paragraph on his website August 7th that HCN was discovered in the spectrum of the comet Elenin. He says it smells like bitter almonds -

Drahus M. (M. Drahus), University of California , B. Young (Bin Yang), University of Hawaii and John Hodge (J. Hoge), Obedenenny Astronomical Center , reported the discovery of hydrocyanic acid (cyanide acid, HCN) in the spectrum of comet Elenin. Observations on the 15-meter submillimeter telescope, and James Clark Maxwell held on July 30, when the comet was at 7.1 AU from the sun. Taking the expiration of the anisotropic speed of gases over 0.5 km / c, and Boltzmann distribution of energy levels at 50 K, the reduced gas capacity of 1.5 x 10 25 molecules / c, which corresponds to an average level of gas capacity, measured for comet 103P/Hartley , located at a comparable heliocentric distance of the fall 2010 ((Drahus et al. 2011, Ap.J. 734, L4).

I cannot read the entire piece because I do not have a subscription.

Can someone here with the scientific mojo tell me more on HCN being found in comets? I read a couple of items about it being found in most meteors, planets & comets, then I read possibilities that it is what created life on earth. This is the piece that is interesting to me.

As it relates to this thread, the secret pilot dude seemed to elude to something about the comet not being doom and gloom but that we would learn more about where we came from. The origins of our life, or something.

The article published to spaceobs.org on August 7th, when did this guy give his interview - Aug 11th?

Could it be a tale pieced together by linking that release of the HCN data and some other less talked about theories such as the Rosetta Mission/Steins, ancient space pilots, etc?

Just throwing it out for discussion.

edit on 15-8-2011 by harlot7 because: poor grammar and forgot a line. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's not silly to think there aren't secret projects that are beyond the technology we are aware of. To be a bit more realistic: Back in the 1950s & late 1960s there were a ton of UFO sightings, someone in the military said it was an extra-solar/planetary object, because he didn't really know what was going on. It turned out it was a lot of secret projects that the government were doing. Mostly stealth aircraft flying at extreme altitudes to avoid detection, to bomb certain areas or to fly over certain areas to snap pictures of the ground for intelligence. But these planes, they were flying over civilised areas for testing, so there were a lot of sightings and people truly thinking they were alien, the government really took their sweet time to tell the truth. Also, the Roswell crash AFAIK, was actually a Russian aircraft which was then reverse engineered, and then put back together. The government does keep secrets of top secret ground breaking technology, make no mistake, but by the time we know about the technology they had today, by then, they'll have something even more incredible.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Your not listening for noise or whats going on at what frequency. Your listening for a voice or a morse code or something of intelligence coming through. You can take the car radio and find stations by dialing a knob and tell who is far away and who is not and if you notice the broadcasters both on local AM or FM once far away...their voices start to degrade and become fuzzy because there is simply no way their signal can reach you an longer. Noise just tells you there is noise and that you are not within range of anything.

In other words you would just hear noise on that channel and nothing else until something else came into your antennas range. Noise will be everywhere and takes no talent to find. Thus it is by default incredibly important to have a band in which to search in then you can adjust as necessary to look in that band.

Ever try and find a song you are looking for on the radio when you don't know where its playing? You have almost hundreds to choose from and different noise coming from all that you have to search through... .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

You're making a faulty connection.

While the SR-71 and the F-117 used advanced technology, neither they or any other black projects which later became public used any unknown science. They used innovative applications of current science.

FTL travel requires more, a lot more, than any known science can provide.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can I ask what your opinion on this theory is?

news.discovery.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It works great...
on paper

"That's about the amount of energy you'd get if you converted the entire mass of Jupiter into pure energy via E = mc^2," said Cleaver, an energy far beyond anything humanity can currently envision creating.

news.discovery.com...

We don't have the science or the technology.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Fair enough

It's nice to dream about this stuff though, I think

I think a potentially more "realistic" sci-fi theory one can go with is putting astronauts in some sort of suspended animation state and then wake them up when they reach their destination. But truth be told, for long distances everyone they would know would be long gone by the time they got there and came back.

www.pbs.org...
^( only can be used in small mammals currently so its not really realistic yet
)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Sure. There are a few possibilities.
But that's not what the topic is about.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But what about the static electricity its collecting from deep orbit and its reentry into our solar system? elenin i mean.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Originally posted by boncho
So the original interview is from GLP and the "Navy" officer, says not only is Elenin a space ship (or something along those lines) but also, that he flew to it...

And that was just a jog, he has been 250ly away from Earth before too.

Forget the Ham radio.....

Hey I like Science Fiction...even better if I can tune into hear it on a Ham radio.

Plus I just file everything away for future reference...

He could have at LEAST come to ATS to post...GLP is...well...

I totally agree with you.

Even if something seems outlandish, it should be duly noted and researched, and filed away for future reference in a real file or just in your mind.

But you should never let possibilities slip away due to closed mindedness.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by LightAssassin

But, the fact remains people...the 'Naval Space Command' either existed/exists...and we have no way of finding out...

You could just go to their web page:

www.au.af.mil...

It appears that after 1995 they changed their name to "Space and Naval Warfare Command," or "SPAWAR," a much zippier name:

www.public.navy.mil...

In addition to being fanciful, the author of this hoax is not up to date.

Edit to correct spelling error. There is no such thing as "Earfare."
edit on 15-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

I have to say, your audacity at going from quote unquote that there is no such thing as the United States Navy Space Command, people would claim that it's so top secret you only hear about it from whistleblowers on GLP to the new resident expert on the US Naval Space Command just amazes me....

Learn to be humble when you learn something, most of us are here to learn the truth and truly don't appreciate it when people don't know when they've fallen off their high horse, even when everyone here has witnessed you fall.

Still, the fact remains, The Navy seems to have a militaristic space program that WASN'T common knowledge.
edit on 15-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Daygone23

What static electricity?

The solar wind is composed of both positive and negative ions (protons and electrons). Free protons on the surface of the comet would be neutralized by free electrons.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
reply to post by imitator

Your not listening for noise or whats going on at what frequency. Your listening for a voice or a morse code or something of intelligence coming through. You can take the car radio and find stations by dialing a knob and tell who is far away and who is not and if you notice the broadcasters both on local AM or FM once far away...their voices start to degrade and become fuzzy because there is simply no way their signal can reach you an longer. Noise just tells you there is noise and that you are not within range of anything.

So where looking for a talking comet, I must be in the wrong thread.

I would think it's better to look at a broad range of energy, look for patterns ect. then extract that information to see if anything is modulating or whatever intelligible. Much like SETI does.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wastedown
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Sooo... again, because it is not know it can't exist, or it can exist but it is alien? I'm just trying to point out that when you say it has no "known" energy source does not mean it cannot exist... I think you see my point here as you say now that it would have to be alien, I take that to mean that you admit that a source of power COULD in fact be there for it to produce a radio signal that we just know nothing about... So case in point you cannot without a doubt be saying that there is no way it could be producing a signal... Am I reading that right?

Good points all, wastedown (though wasted, I fear). Let us stop feeding a ham (he appears impervious to logic and reasoning) and focus on the nice turn the thread has taken since the Tomtroll went to bed!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join