It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something R-Frequency and E-Class this way comes!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Sooo... again, because it is not know it can't exist, or it can exist but it is alien? I'm just trying to point out that when you say it has no "known" energy source does not mean it cannot exist... I think you see my point here as you say now that it would have to be alien, I take that to mean that you admit that a source of power COULD in fact be there for it to produce a radio signal that we just know nothing about... So case in point you cannot without a doubt be saying that there is no way it could be producing a signal... Am I reading that right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

i think the whole world is falling apart already due to people trying to police other people because of what they believe.. keeping the sheep from going astray i suppose this is what the msm do .. and the reason why many Atsers are on here trying to have a constructive debate about subjects that are never discussed in the msm. The world needs to change we need a paradigm shift and it starts here on threads like these..I have never said the original op was not a hoaxer but to deny it just because its not in the realm of possibility goes against the ATS slogan DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience

ALL OF IT TOM! It may take some time and effort but Christ man, if you have it sitting right there, go for it! Take the chance that you could do something really interesting and fun and provide feedback that could completely STUN humanity or ridicule some crazy on another website.

If you need Large antennas (which apparently you do not) I will send you all the hangers I have in my closet, maybe collectively ATS users could do the same. Hell I will even buy a plane ticket and come join you to unravel all the hangers!

Wait, how do I record an infinite amount of frequencies all at once? Even the most powerful SDR's can only handle recording VLF to 30Mhz, and that takes like 1GB per minute. I think your definition of ham radio, and radio in general is completely wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No, I think you are giving up without even trying!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
Go put a battery in your freezer for a few days, tell me what happens. If you look at ISS, it has HUGE solar panels, and a hell of a lot of them at that. That is our known solar technology. Any other technology would be Alien to us. You need an energy source to produce radio waves.

Tom your starting to make me laugh lol.... It's a comet moving through space and it has a tail.... so it must have energy! I would bet there's a magnetically created torus of matter that's surrounding Elenin creating sporadic bursts of emissions.

So Tom tell us how long is Elenin tail? I haven't really studied this comet that has no energy lol....

A lot of hams don't even go out of band to listen.

Wrong again..... I listen to everything I can get my hands on.

Fun fact:
Hams do like to BS on radio, and apparently on web forums too.

A fact

"Observations from the Earth's surface are limited to wavelengths that can pass through the atmosphere. At low frequencies, or long wavelengths, transmission is limited by the ionosphere, which reflects waves with frequencies less than its characteristic plasma frequency. Water vapor interferes with radio astronomy at higher frequencies, which has led to building radio observatories that conduct observations at millimeter wavelengths at very high and dry sites, in order to minimize the water vapor content in the line of sight."

en.wikipedia.org...

I am also not sure who is dismissing radio astronomy?

You are of course....
That is all true, but did you know the ionosphere becomes less reflective at certain times of the year?

What are you saying here Tom. you know how to use Google?
I think the more you google the more you'll learn, good for you!

edit on 15-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I will help you out, try broadcasting everything you are searching for to someone else, or somewhere else, maybe to a friend at a local radio station? Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This whole thread is making me less intelligent just from people who don't know anything about ham radio, or radio in general

"Lets broadcast things!"
"Record it all!"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

lambasting the entire thread because one or two people don't know allot about ham radio is not a very nice thing.. instead of saying the thread is making you unintelligible why not show the novices there errors?? just a thought its not like you haven't made a mistake in this thread...

edit on 15-8-2011 by freepatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
Go put a battery in your freezer for a few days, tell me what happens. If you look at ISS, it has HUGE solar panels, and a hell of a lot of them at that. That is our known solar technology. Any other technology would be Alien to us. You need an energy source to produce radio waves.

Tom your starting to make me laugh lol.... It's a comet moving through space and it has a tail.... so it must have energy! I would bet there's a magnetically created torus of matter that's surrounding Elenin creating sporadic bursts of emissions.

So Tom tell us how long is Elenin tail? I haven't really studied this comet that has no energy lol....

A lot of hams don't even go out of band to listen.

Wrong again..... I listen to everything I can get my hands on.

Fun fact:
Hams do like to BS on radio, and apparently on web forums too.

A fact

"Observations from the Earth's surface are limited to wavelengths that can pass through the atmosphere. At low frequencies, or long wavelengths, transmission is limited by the ionosphere, which reflects waves with frequencies less than its characteristic plasma frequency. Water vapor interferes with radio astronomy at higher frequencies, which has led to building radio observatories that conduct observations at millimeter wavelengths at very high and dry sites, in order to minimize the water vapor content in the line of sight."

en.wikipedia.org...

I am also not sure who is dismissing radio astronomy?

You are of course....
That is all true, but did you know the ionosphere becomes less reflective at certain times of the year?

What are you saying here Tom. you know how to use Google?
I think the more you google the more you'll learn, good for you!

Don't mis quote me. I said most, not all. I am a ham who listens out of band and work with many things most people have probably never heard, or will ever hear.

Signals still skip and bounce all throughout the year on HF.

Anyways, I am out for the night. I will check this festering heap of non-intelligence tomorrow.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Tom_Proctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
has anyone stopped to consider that maybe..since this is an object that has an orbit it was put into said orbit by our ancestors that were lost to history...which would explain the reference in the thread to wondering where we came from...makes sense to me..maybe its a repository of lost knowledge

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

There has been unusual signals around 14.250 MHz since 2009, will pay more attention to them now.
I'll see if I can grab some and upload.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So often ATS is brilliant, we're presented with a puzzle and a bunch of clever people head off and bring back research and we all study it. And then sometimes it turns into a thread of people demanding "this is contrary to what I believe, therefore it must be wrong and everyone must agree that it is wrong".

We have been brought a puzzle, let's try to solve it rather than argue over what it is without looking at it.

OK, we have what purports to be a cautious whistleblower. He has offered us the suggestion that the NASA missions are a theatre piece for the public, and that in fact the military run the real space operations, which involve FTL ships and off world personnel. That's hardly a new theory being presented, I've heard several theories that suggest that the portrayal in sci fi, most notably Star Gate, of the military having secret tech, interstellar craft, reverse engineered alien tech, that much of it is truth mixed in with the fiction, on one side giving an easy "you've been watching too much Star Gate" debunk option, and on the other, dropping ideas and concepts "into the public consciousness". I've watched the AF's recruitment adverts, the future is now, it's certainly not an image they're shying away from or vocally denying, and there have been plenty of real world high ranking military personnel who've blinked their way through a cameo on Star Gate.

He's said that there's no doom surrounding Elenin, and that we've been there to check it out, and that Elenin is not a comet, or not just a comet. He pointed us to E class asteroids, and said that was a codeword to designate it being something else, and told us to check out the Rosetta mission, and the E class asteroid it passed by, and said that Elenin was a bit more operational and talking, and what it's saying will mean there'll be no denying that our history is different to what we have been told.

So, could it be that the truth is headed this way, finally? I've heard the question asked many times on this board, if a great civilisation did once exist here before us, and wanted to warn us/teach us/connect with us, why didn't they do more than leave cryptic stone carvings and mysterious megalithic structures?

Could they have constructed an Ark of sorts, and launched it into the heavens on a trajectory that would bring it back around to Earth again at the appropriate time?

Or is it the Vorgon's speaker system, letting us know that it's time to pack up, there's a road to be built?

Yes, there's always a chance that it's a hoax, because people lie and cheat and try to decieve other people because of what they get out of it. It's that same common behaviour that we see in humans that makes conspiracies likely.

For a lot of people on this site, the notion that our governments haven't rolled out their state of the art, best they've got tech for the world to see isn't a silly one. We all know that governments keep secrets, everyone knows about the official secrets act. I've even signed it myself. Doesn't mean I know anything though. It just demonstrates that our governments take their secrets very very seriously.

So ok, comets don't broadcast. This guy has suggested that Elenin isn't a comet, or just a comet, whatever that means. Logic would suggest that the closer it gets the easier it'll be to hear, and I suspect that the big announcement could be coming when we're looking down the barrel of the tail. (Every time I think of that happening, I think "Triffids! Don't look at the lights in the sky!" lol)

So, rather than "That cannot be true, or else I'd be wrong", could we shelve our arrogant notions of being right already and investigate this puzzle we've been given? Maybe try a little thinking outside the box?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

^^

just watched all 10 videos. mind is blown

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by beltemps

Are you really saying that every conspiracy out there is a lie???

Absolutely not!!! The problem is, very few of the threads here deal with actual conspiracies. I have never seen a thread about "The Family," a shadowy fraternity of right wing charismatic Christians planning on forcing Christian Theocracy on the United States. No-one even seemed to notice Viktor Bute's extradition and the "Affaire DSK" burned out with hardly a glimmer. Instead, we're treated to countless threads about how Comet Elenin is really a brown dwarf star. That is complete fabrication, and it might cause people to do foolish things. Look at this thread. Do you see any reason at all to think that it is anything other than a fifteen year old boy writing a "Ricky Rocket Space Ranger" fantasy?

Oh thanks for taking the time to defend all us loonies who believe everything without question because we have no reasoning skills and maybe a danger to ourselves.Did you come up with Warning: May cause drowsiness on the Nytol bottle?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I would bail too if I claimed this comet had no energy lol....

Don't mis quote me. I said most, not all. I am a ham who listens out of band and work with many things most people have probably never heard, or will ever hear.

You mean most Hams listen out of their band plan! That is very common.... :
Look at the very thing you said, "A lot of hams don't even go out of band to listen."

But you, yourself listen out of those bands lol.... your not making much sense!

Signals still skip and bounce all throughout the year on HF.

Well yeah, lets say i want listen to an extra-terrestrial object around 18 to 25 MHz band, but it's crowded with terrestrial transmissions. You wait till conditions are right, and that happens at certain times of the year and sometimes at certain hrs of the day... You should know that!

You see, this why you can't do much on 10 meters, until you move up a class. Let us know when you get past Tech!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
has anyone stopped to consider that maybe..since this is an object that has an orbit it was put into said orbit by our ancestors that were lost to history...which would explain the reference in the thread to wondering where we came from...makes sense to me..maybe its a repository of lost knowledge
If you had read page 11, you would have seen my post that said:

Originally posted by Hydroman
...Or is it possible that Elenin is an artificial space probe sent out by our ancestors ages ago before they were wiped out by some catastrophic event, and now it is returning?

edit on 15-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

sorry must have missed it...in all honesty i think that that is the most plausible theory...it would explain the statement that they wouldn't be able to keep a lid on it and such...maybe it's the military upbringing but keep it simple stupid applies to dang near everything lol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
For all you radio operators out there, ive got a word doc ive been puttin together over the past 10yrs with a myriad of mil and contractor frequencies on it. From nellis, to eg&g to space shuttle and nasa frequencies. U2U me an email address if you are interested and ill gladly pass it along.

Silver

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Well said, and it's true. Please stop bickering over the HAM radio stuff and let's try to focus on the bigger picture.

Two main stream articles published in 2008 hint that Faster-than-light travel may be possible.

Warp Drive Engine Would Travel Faster Than Light

Physicists: Faster-Than-Light Travel Might Be Possible

Now, here is what is interesting to me. Fast forward to 2011. The latest articles published this year are trying to convince us that faster-than-light travel is impossible.

Time Travel Impossible, Say Scientists

Time Travel is Impossible, Scientists Say

Notice how these stories both come from the same media outlet(Discovery and Fox)? Also note how neither reference each other. The 2011 articles don't even mention the idea of warping space to achieve FTL, which is at the very least intellectual dishonesty, and at the worst, intentional deception.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is going to crash into earth, it is a spaceship and its full of hairdressers, telephone sanitizers and management consultants.

edit on 15/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join