It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Approval Rating Hits a New Low Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

President Obama's approval rating dropped below 40% for the first time during his presidency with numbers just released by Gallup.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i read somewhere god has a 55% rating these days. tough times I guess

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Imo they can't get low enough

Nice to see that the 'obamahigh' is finally wearing off.

Ps. I hope ron paul will be potus in 2012.
Imho your only hope.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hope this doesn't ruin his vacation.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Wow, that was much higher than I expected. Almost 40 percent of the population of the U.S. are #ing mentally deficient huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

God lost a couple points but people generally approve of the job he is doing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

In reference to God's rating...

Interesting. I guess some people judge Him by the "moment" just as they rate politicians. For example, today is a beautiful day in Chicago - sunny, cool breeze, and most people have a relaxing day off of work. If the poll were taken today in Chicago, He would probably rate in the mid-80s at the least. Maybe this poll you're referring to took place when the flooding rains were hitting the globe a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe Obama needs many, many more sunny days with cool breezes? (Many already have the days off of work - "unenployed!")
edit on 14-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: Those blessed typos - I don't blame God or Obama for those...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You are all racists!

How dare you speak ill of the Fuhrer!?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Game Over Obama, at least for him.

unless the elites let him win the election again.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Obama’s numbers just keep going down. Even in the Liberal bastion of New York he has dropped 23 net approval points in less than 2 months.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now his national approval rating has fallen below 40% which is not too surprising. The only problem is that his drop in support has come from Liberals mostly angry with the debt deal. So that just means they are cranky now but as always, they will turn out en masse to vote for him.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nother link www.foxnews.com...

No surprise here.

At what point do we give him the boot? Seriously.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

No surprise here.

At this point, might as well just wait until the next election. How much more damage can he do between now and then? Nevermind, sorry I asked...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

No surprise here.

The liberals are already having buyers remorse. They are thinking they should have picked
Hillary instead.
-----------
There is really nothing Obama can do to fix this mess.
He refuses to repeal ObamaCare.
Eventually, the SCOTUS will get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Even for as low as his approval ratings are, both parties in congress have even worse ratings.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Even for as low as his approval ratings are, both parties in congress have even worse ratings.

The dynamics are different for some odd reason. People might hate Congress in general but usually they like the guy in their district.

When it comes down to the President, everyone can vote for or against him unlike individual members of Congress.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well it seems that people are getting sick and tired of the whores we got for political figures in our government, because during the last administration the ratings were not that great either.

But will America stand up and face the corruption in Washington?

We got no candidates worthy of Americas vote when it comes to the two elite parties of corporate America.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

The dynamics are different for some odd reason. People might hate Congress in general but usually they like the guy in their district. When it comes down to the President, everyone can vote for or against him unlike individual members of Congress.

I agree...but people also see that nothing can get done unless both houses can put something on the presidents desk that he can sign...and IMO he has been far more willing to give in than Republicans.

I'm not championing obama either, but the GOP tries (and almost always does) stop everything he tries. They yell, "where is Obama's plan?" It's not going to matter if he has a plan or not, they will fight nearly everything...cripes Obama even put SS Medicare/Medicaid (which I personally hated) on the table and they still wouldn't deal.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'm not championing obama either, but the GOP tries (and almost always does) stop everything he tries. They yell, "where is Obama's plan?" It's not going to matter if he has a plan or not, they will fight nearly everything...cripes Obama even put SS Medicare/Medicaid (which I personally hated) on the table and they still wouldn't deal.

The point of divided government is so one political spectrum does not dominate politics and the entire country. But now the republicans are in payback mode for all the political blocking during the Bush years (although the ems didn't block the wars for some reason). The only way through is with leadership. Obama has proven himself a fool and no republican is going to jump on the train with him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

...cripes Obama even put SS Medicare/Medicaid (which I personally hated) on the table and they still wouldn't deal.

They wouldn't accept any plan that involved raising taxes; and not simply for doctrinaire reasons.

The various Democrat plans called for "More taxes right now, and maybe some cost cutting several years out, at a rate to be determined later."

In my opinion, the Republicans completely caved. They got tax increases "deferred" a bit, but the deficit cutting is less than 3%, and it mainly occurs after 2016. By then, they can "revise" it upward again without being caught by the voters.

The problem is that many of the Republican leadership, starting with Boehner, don't believe in deficit reduction any more than democrats do; they only pay lip-service to get the Tea Party in under their own tent.

I think that by 2016 the Tea parties will have to go their own way, or else cease to exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Are they sure it's 39% and not 39 people?

I don't know how this translates to the US, but, here in Canada, I'd be hard-pressed to find that 40th person who approves of Obama's Presidency. Most of us are keeping a wary eye on the time bomb that is the US politico-economic system. The other eye, we're keeping on Harper...the way a nervous father keeps his eye on the boy who's dating his daughter and who's just been told curfew is 2015.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join