It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Group Threatens Fullerton PD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

So now Anonymous has become judge, jury, and executioner in your eyes?
In all cases, absolutely not! But there was no judge, jury, and executioner in the case of these police officers, they committed murder and got off the hook.

Where was the judge and jury while 5 cops were beating a handcuffed, mentally retarded man to death? It's OK for Fullerton PD to become the judge and jury, but not OK for citizens standing up to this to be the judge and jury of corruption?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
What's your deal bro? Why is there so much hostility towards Anonymous on this website? Lots of them are teenagers or young adults.....so?

As much as I'd like to spend the next couple of hours constructing an in-depth critique of Anonykids with detailed explanations of the numerous reasons for my dislike of Anon, I do not have the time nor inclination to do so now.

The fact that large swathes of people who attach themselves to Anon are children is rather pertinent, and helps to explain why Anon spend 90% of their time telling putting out videos filled with crazy talk and fantastical claims about things which they never actually do.

You see, the kind of geeks who attach themselves to Anon are the social outcast types. Their cringe-making ''hacktivist'' nonsense is just a facade for the deeper, personal battle which they are conducting. Each ''cause'' which they claim to support is an attempt to boost their self-esteem and self-worth, after society continually derided them for being nerds. Each high-profile website which is taken down serves as a form of payback for every time they were bullied by the cool kids. Each piece of leaked information is a ''that'll show you'' towards the girls who ignored them. Each time they gain that all so important publicity and attention, they are making up for all of their attention-starved lives.

These people tend to have a worrying fixation with role-playing games and anime, often blurring the line between imagination and reality, which goes a long way to explain why the claims in their videos are largely fiction masquerading as reality. Whether they themselves even believe what they saying is unclear, but I doubt they even really care.

A mentally handicapped unarmed homeless man was electrocuted and beat to death by 5 police officers, and justice has not been served. They are standing up to this, and you're here calling them geeks and making fun of them because they're trying to make sure those responsible for these psychopathic actions are held accountable for their actions.

The case is irrelevant to my comments, and I believe that you are letting your emotions do the talking.

They said that they were going to take the Fullerton PD down at noon on Sunday, and six hours later the website is up-and-running, which means that either theIR actions didn't live up to their hyperbole and they were lying ( again ), or they took the site down and it was back up and running within six hours. Whichever reason it was, that's still a monumental PHAIL, with a capital P.

Once again, they post a video with expansive claims which never materialise. But, like I say, most people who are involved in Anonymous have a very flimsy grasp of the line between fantasy and reality.

Still though, their slavish fanboys and fangirls will lap up their every word, and worship them as if they are some kind of saviour of mankind, despite the fact that they've just produced yet another hollow claim of what they are going to do, without actually doing it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

As much as I'd like to spend the next couple of hours constructing an in-depth critique of Anonykids with detailed explanations of the numerous reasons for my dislike of Anon, I do not have the time nor inclination to do so now.

The fact that large swathes of people who attach themselves to Anon are children is rather pertinent, and helps to explain why Anon spend 90% of their time telling putting out videos filled with crazy talk and fantastical claims about things which they never actually do.

You see, the kind of geeks who attach themselves to Anon are the social outcast types. Their cringe-making ''hacktivist'' nonsense is just a facade for the deeper, personal battle which they are conducting. Each ''cause'' which they claim to support is an attempt to boost their self-esteem and self-worth, after society continually derided them for being nerds. Each high-profile website which is taken down serves as a form of payback for every time they were bullied by the cool kids. Each piece of leaked information is a ''that'll show you'' towards the girls who ignored them. Each time they gain that all so important publicity and attention, they are making up for all of their attention-starved lives.
Are you serious dude? That's your analysis of Anonymous, they're some nerds who want attention? It's not people standing up against the corruption within the world and the government, because most people are too braindead and ignorant to even see what's going on with this country, you see them as some nerds who want attention?

Have you seen V for Vendetta? That's what their organization is modeling themselves after, it's not some nerds who want attention, it's people standing up against corruption.

These people tend to have a worrying fixation with role-playing games and anime, often blurring the line between imagination and reality, which goes a long way to explain why the claims in their videos are largely fiction masquerading as reality. Whether they themselves even believe what they saying is unclear, but I doubt they even really care.
I'm speechless. Do you know a single member of Anonymous? They could be working men, elderly citizens, 12 year old asian schoolgirls, but it doesn't matter what their age is, what their popularity or social status is, or what their hobbies are, because Anonymous is a group that stands up against corruption because the rest of society is either too lazy, too scared, too apathetic, or too ignorant and they don't even see things that happen in the world.

The case is irrelevant to my comments, and I believe that you are letting your emotions do the talking.
Hell yeah, I'm pissed! Some pigs killed a retarded man who was handcuffed, and they didn't even get punished!

They said that they were going to take the Fullerton PD down at noon on Sunday, and six hours later the website is up-and-running, which means that either theIR actions didn't live up to their hyperbole and they were lying ( again ), or they took the site down and it was back up and running within six hours. Whichever reason it was, that's still a monumental PHAIL, with a capital P.
At least they did something! Would you prefer that the members of Anonymous got out of their moms basement or wherever you ignorantly assume them to be, pick up some guns, go to the Fullerton Police Station, and kill a bunch of cops? Or would you prefer that they stand in front of the police department in a futile attempt to produce results from protesting? At least they did something about this, even if they just shut down a website for a few hours.

Still though, their slavish fanboys and fangirls will lap up their every word, and worship them as if they are some kind of saviour of mankind, despite the fact that they've just produced yet another hollow claim of what they are going to do, without actually doing it.
The claim was that they would shut down the website, and the website was shut down. Or did I miss something here?

I don't care if you think they're some nerds who got bullied in Junior High School or some stupid garbage like that, they are using whatever resources they have to stand up against corruption.

Better a computer than an assault rifle.

Also, I don't think Anonymous is going to change the world and make it perfect. If we want that to happen, there will have to be either a revolution, or a president who sticks to the Constitution and has realistic views on issues *cough cough Ron Paul*. I just like that many controversial issues that don't yield any results are taken into their hands. Even though taking down a website, releasing some e-mail, or things like that aren't going to fix the world, at least they're making the point that there are people out there who see what's happening and disapprove.

However they have yielded results, they got some CEO to resign after some beef a while back.
edit on 14-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Its a very close-to-reality description of thoses who spend their time lashing over Anonymous.

All bark, no bite

edit on 14-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Dont feed the trolls , Tinfoil and Sherlock are used to roam in every threads about anonymous, they tend to show their uneducated point of views everytimes they have the chance to do , its almost obscene, but dont pay attention to thems, they're just having their fun , venting their frustrations.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 14-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

Dont feed the trolls , Tinfoil and Sherlock are used to roam in every threads about anonymous, they tend to show their uneducated point of views everytimes they have the chance to do , its almost obscene, but dont pay attention to thems, they're just having their fun , venting their frustrations.

Indeed. Best to ignore them.

Concentrate on what's right.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Disabling the website, personally I think it is just a small feast....nothing would affect them much. But well, who am I to say since they have more gut than I do.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

If the demands were not met by noon Sunday, the group said it would shut down the city's police website.

www.ci.fullerton.ca.us...

Typical Anonykids, swimming in a sea of hyperbolic, self-important and grandiose rhetoric, but delivering very little. All bark and no bite.

Wait for it...Wait for it...already experiencing slowdown...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Emails will be targeted as well...per the video...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
DDoS attack in progress!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I do think that those involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The bad thing here is that legally prosecuting the officers involved will take time. That is already in the works. This case is being handled by the OCDA's office. The police have requested that witnesses to this event come forward. See the press release : Fullerton Police urge witnesses to July 5 Kelly Thomas incident to call OCDA They are looking to hire an independent reviewer for the police department: City Manager to recommend hiring independent reviewer for police department There is now a different Police Chief as the one who held that position is on a medical leave of absense.

The dashboard cameras are evidence and should not be released before trial. That would seriously hamper any efforts to getting a fair and impartial jury.

I do believe in protesting against wrongdoing. I do believe in making your voice heard. Make your Voice Heard -Complaints

I don't agree with breaking the law (downing the sites or stealing personal data). Civil Disobedience is very much a part of making change if one is prepared to accept the consequences of the actions of the crime. The only instance where a person committing Civil Disobedience would not have to accept consequenses is if they could prove that the law they violated was unconstitutional to begin with. The actions being proposed by the "hacktivists" are not legal. They don't fit into civil disobedience because they are going to do the best that they can to avoid being caught and prosecuted for those actions.

One might use the argument of "fighting fire with fire" to justify breaking the law. It doesn't make it right. It puts those doing it at the level of the criminals that they are trying to fight.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well after wading through the piles of dog manure throughout the rest of the site, Anonymous threads provide a good place to wipe off the shoes.
Too bad that's all they're good for.

They shout about everything they do, none of it is done indescretely, so they deserve ridicule at each law breaking episode of this poorly played out mellowdrama.

So here's a shoutout to another nail in the coffin for all of our internet freedoms.
Well played again Big Brother. Attack more cops so law enforcement lobbies with the other millions of victims at the halls of Congress to suppress our online freedoms.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well after wading through the piles of dog manure throughout the rest of the site, Anonymous threads provide a good place to wipe off the shoes. Too bad that's all they're good for.

I like the way you call the threads on ATS as "dog manure" elegant and classy , arent you ?

You're very mature indeed, to react in a so angry way.

extremly constructive are your answers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Well after wading through the piles of dog manure throughout the rest of the site, Anonymous threads provide a good place to wipe off the shoes. Too bad that's all they're good for.

I like the way you call the threads on ATS as "dog manure" elegant and classy , arent you ?

You're very mature indeed, to react in a so angry way.

extremly constructive are your answers.

And you took the bait hook line and sinker as per usual, failing to acknowledge the lower half of my post.
Predictable like everything Anonymous does.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

oh you got me dont you
?
how smart

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Attack more cops so law enforcement lobbies with the other millions of victims at the halls of Congress to suppress our online freedoms.

Have you seen the video in this story

Are you familiar with the this story?

This isn't Big Brother. This didn 't even get press coverage until a month after. This didn't even get any recognition from the FPD higher ups until a month after. Local Fullerton people made this a national news story and the officers involved weren't removed from duty until after a month of their actions.

Anonymous is late to the game...a couple weeks after me and only because I live there...the OC register wouldn't run the story until some of MSM and CNN ran it shortly thereafter...

So let's stop making this about Anon when the issue is more about police corruption and cover-up...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

This thread is about "hacker group" aka Anonymous.

And you are right, they jumped on the bandwagon after it hit the MSM, following their lead as per usual.
Their moves and motives are highly predictable.
Anyone who thinks they care about any of the players in this scenario or the ultimate outcome is just a sheeple follower. Anonymous is just latching on in their selfish quest for epic ego stroke as they blaze a trail of destruction against all of our internet freedoms.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Typical Anonykids, swimming in a sea of hyperbolic, self-important and grandiose rhetoric, but delivering very little. All bark and no bite.

I try to ignore them as much as I can, as acquiring attention appears to be the main driving force for these geeks, but sometimes you just can't pass up the opportunity to comment on yet another Anonymous FAIL.
What's your deal bro? Why is there so much hostility towards Anonymous on this website? Lots of them are teenagers or young adults.....so?

A mentally handicapped unarmed homeless man was electrocuted and beat to death by 5 police officers, and justice has not been served. They are standing up to this, and you're here calling them geeks and making fun of them because they're trying to make sure those responsible for these psychopathic actions are held accountable.

You suck

edit on 14-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

So now Anonymous has become judge, jury, and executioner in your eyes? They are proving to be nothing but extortionists.
That is not ever going to be tollerated.
Like some other poster brilliantly pointed out, yet another FAIL by anonymous.

Anon is demanding investigation and prosecution nothing more. your reply above ignores the facts of their demands.

I fully support Anon's actions in this regard may their actions bear much fruit!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Anons attacks are NO different than the protests of the 1960's and 1970's. it is just the 21st century version.

since the MSM ignores real tragedy and injustice these days, ANON is the new Woodward and Bernstein. Expose away ANON sunlight is the best disinfectant.
edit on 15-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join