It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Group Threatens Fullerton PD

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hacker Group Threatens Fullerton PD

www.ktla.com

KTLA News

7:19 a.m. PDT, August 14, 2011
FULLERTON (KTLA) -- The mysterious group of hackers calling itself "Anonymous" has leveld threats against the Fullerton Police Department, saying will disable the agency's website if the officers accused of beating homeless man Kelly Thomas to death aren't prosecuted.

The group sent a letter to the Fullerton Police Department announcing it would avenge Thomas' death by treating the police website "with as much mercy as was shown Kelly Thomas."

Anonymou
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Death Of Kelly Thomas...
edit on Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:55:31 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Coding.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well finally. I was wondering when Anonymous would set their sights on this department for the tragedy committed and the complete lack of hierarchical attention in the weeks preceding the media attention>

I have been a part of the last two protests and while there is definitely major support for justice it seems like it is mostly on the local level. National and even international support for this incident will go far in showing the Fullerton PD that their actions and laizze-faire attitude won't be tolerated. Cops are not above the law and these officers do need to be prosecuted. The Chief needs to step down. And while the Mayor is liikely not going to step down, he has some major problems when voting season comes around. That guy is a total loser and doesn't deserve his position.

www.ktla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah thatll show em, theyre running scared now, ooh no not the website.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

That was my initial reaction but getting press is better than nothing and will also bring the PD up to date on just how many people are watching them and that there is much disagreement on their actions.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just wonder about this approach. The more public the threat, the more backed into a corner and without options to comply the target has. I mean, how can a Police Department actually do what is being asked now that it isn't just a matter of getting the right thing done, but it's a major public challenge to their authority?

I could see them actually taking down their own site out of spite before considering the demands. I happen to agree the demands are perfectly reasonable too. It's a crime in itself that they couldn't have gone after the cops without this.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anonymous is also going after BART
The whole sanfransico cell phone thing.

Good on them, fight the corruption!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I assume that Anonymous will do such things as post the names and addresses of the Officers involved, as well as those who are helping to cover up the savage beating and murder of Mr. Thomas. If this happens, those involved will be running scared.

I get sick to my stomach every time I hear about the Fullerton Police Department and what those disgusting officers did. Something is definitely wrong when there are innocent citizens who are as much if not more afraid of the police than they are of some Non-Governmental criminals.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable
I assume that Anonymous will do such things as post the names and addresses of the Officers involved, as well as those who are helping to cover up the savage beating and murder of Mr. Thomas. If this happens, those involved will be running scared.

I get sick to my stomach every time I hear about the Fullerton Police Department and what those disgusting officers did. Something is definitely wrong when there are innocent citizens who are as much if not more afraid of the police than they are of some Non-Governmental criminals.

They will also do the same with your name, address and more.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hopefully. Anon are powerful, despite the nay-sayers who usually have little knowledge of anonymous besides what they are spoon-fed by the media.

I hope - if they aren't brought to justice, Anon upload the personal details of these corrupt bastards and let a little public justice occur.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

Actually, the core protestors in Fullerton already have five officer names and contact info...we keep it on the low because we do not want anyone to do anything remotely similar to them in the spirit of being better than them in our conduct.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
show no mercy hacktivists !!

I support everything anon does, they are fighting the power. good!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

I rather hope they wouldn't do that with police addresses. The cops who did this thing...well, unfortunately, protecting one means all, so....Fire them, Prosecute them and Imprison them..but the most likely outcome to publishing their home address, if anyone does act on it, is to get their family hurt.

It's also a felony they take as serious as a heart attack in California to knowingly publish personal information of a cop. At the very least, the guys who did it, not realizing (I'm sure) what they'd be starting, would become the targets of a quiet manhunt that would never completely stop until they found who did it...or finding them just became impossible with time.

I said this before...but I want to say it again.. The way Anonymous has conducted themselves so far, I strongly support what they are doing, if not every method used in the process. They are fighting the good fight. At least in my mind.

That all ends the moment a cop's family member gets so much as a bloody nose as a result of their information being burned this way. I was raised a cop's kid and I'm still generally pro-law enforcement until individual cops get out of line..then burn them to the ground, indeed! Just..don't burn their families with them...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

They will also do the same with your name, address and more.

Lol, You dont need to be a hacker to get every piece of information about someone.

You'd be surprised what people can find on the internet without 'hacking'.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The problem I have with websites being tampered with is that I don't see what it's going to do to anyone (it's just a website, who cares). Now I can see if they release information of the officers or pretty much ruin every piece of existence these officers have, but I think if something is going to be done, it should be more than doing something to a website. The fact is that sometimes, it doesn't matter what you do to deface a website or junk like that. It's what you do to the people. I'm just saying that if their going to do something to these people, they need to make a huge example of the officers, which it seems like their going (and promised) to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I support this action, no one should be above the law.....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
its about time some one did sompthing about police officers acting like that

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If the demands were not met by noon Sunday, the group said it would shut down the city's police website.

www.ci.fullerton.ca.us...

Typical Anonykids, swimming in a sea of hyperbolic, self-important and grandiose rhetoric, but delivering very little. All bark and no bite.

I try to ignore them as much as I can, as acquiring attention appears to be the main driving force for these geeks, but sometimes you just can't pass up the opportunity to comment on yet another Anonymous FAIL.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Typical Anonykids, swimming in a sea of hyperbolic, self-important and grandiose rhetoric, but delivering very little. All bark and no bite.

I try to ignore them as much as I can, as acquiring attention appears to be the main driving force for these geeks, but sometimes you just can't pass up the opportunity to comment on yet another Anonymous FAIL.
What's your deal bro? Why is there so much hostility towards Anonymous on this website? Lots of them are teenagers or young adults.....so?

A mentally handicapped unarmed homeless man was electrocuted and beat to death by 5 police officers, and justice has not been served. They are standing up to this, and you're here calling them geeks and making fun of them because they're trying to make sure those responsible for these psychopathic actions are held accountable.

You suck

edit on 14-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

What's your deal bro? Why is there so much hostility towards Anonymous on this website? Lots of them are teenagers or young adults.....so?

A mentally handicapped unarmed homeless man was electrocuted and beat to death by 5 police officers, and justice has not been served. They are standing up to this, and you're here calling them geeks and making fun of them because they're trying to make sure those responsible for these psychopathic actions are held accountable.

You suck

edit on 14-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

So now Anonymous has become judge, jury, and executioner in your eyes? They are proving to be nothing but extortionists.
That is not ever going to be tollerated.
Like some other poster brilliantly pointed out, yet another FAIL by anonymous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join