It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols written on UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There have been many supposed witnesses who have seen symbols written on UFOs when they were able to get close enough.

From research it seems that these symbols all appear to be Egyptian or hieroglyphic in nature. Why is it that these symbols are so similar in appearance to those of Earthly origin. It is interesting also to note that the pilots of these craft also most of the time to appear similar to humans, having two legs, an arm and a single head.

Why the similarities? You would think that if two species advanced so far apart in the universe, that our symbology would be "alien" to each other, not so similar in appearance.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Someone should post some pictures so we have something to go on

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GARN40ish

We will be hardpressed to find any actual photos of these symbols. It is all just from eyewitness accounts.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First step:

Find specific cases.

Provide them to us.

Add your opinion to specific cases.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
has any one ever photographed these markings on the ufo's to check agaist ancient writings.?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The work of the late Dr Mario Pazzaglini in the area of alien writing and symbology might interest you.

...Pazzaglini tip-toes through territory most would consider "unacceptable." One such area is "alien writing."

His interest in the subject dates back more than a decade. During this time he has collected samples of writing which people claim to have obtained from alien sources by various means. In 1991 he took a first stab at organizing this often vague, very complex, and always controversial material in a book called "Symbolic Messages - An Introduction to a Study of Alien Writing."
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Since no one has added any examples thus far, here's some alleged symbols from the Rendlesham Forest Incident, ones drawn by witness Jim Penniston as he, It's claimed, got close to the craft near RAF bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge situated near Rendlesham Forest.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/249afed1de6d.jpg[/atsimg]

An Interesting snippet about the incident:

On the smooth exterior shell there was writing of some kind, but I couldn't quite distinguish it, so I moved up to it. It was three-inch lettering, rather symbols that stretched for the length of two feet, maybe a little more."

Jim Penniston then proceeded to touch the landed object, he was only able to for a short time. "I touched the symbols, and I could feel the shapes as if they were inscribed or etched or engraved, like a diamond cut on glass." Soon after he touched the symbols, the white light on the object instantly grew brighter. Jim Penniston and John Burroughs jumped backwards in defence, they threw themselves onto the floor for cover. "At that point, I backed away from the craft, because the light was starting to get brighter. Still, there was no sound." Said Penniston. "We all hit the ground...", said Burroughs rather literally. The white light flooding out from the top of the unknown object was almost blinding. "The craft moved up off the ground, about three feet, still with absolutely no sound. It started to move slowly, weaving back through the trees at a very slow pace, maybe a half a foot per second. It took about a couple of minutes for it to manoeuvre itself back to a distance of about 100 to 150 feet, then it rose up just over the trees, about 200 feet high. There was a momentary pause and then literally with the blink of an eye it was gone. All with no sound. That still boggles my mind", stated Penniston.
(Source)

Whether there's truth to this case or not, who knows, but it's interesting to ponder over nonetheless.

I hope others who know more about this incident and these symbols join in the discussion as well, or, if possible, manage to compare these symbols to those from other cases. This really does have the potential to be a really great thread after all, so I do hope others decide to contribute some symbols from other cases.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here's some symbols from the Roswell fragments , Antonio Villas Boas who was forced to make love with an extraterrestria
,the Symbol seen by Lonnie Zamora and the UFO of Voronej, USSR.
www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here are some of the symbols I believe are written down by Daniel Sheehan after seeing a downed UFO.

Not for sure if he wrote these down or not because it was a link from someone in another forum who claimed the symbols were written by him. To me they look like a combination of basic geometric shapes that I think would be common with any intelligent species.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Reece because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was watching an episode of Ancient Aliens the other night, and they showed a clip of an American Indian holding a staff with strange symbols on it....sort of looked like a big ruler.

Anyway, he claimed he saw a ship and these were the symbols on it. I can't find the clip on youtube or a pic on google images, wish I had more to add.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Watched an old unsolved mysteries / episode was on a man in manitoba who was studying rocks in a remote mountain area when he came upon a landed ufo.He got 2 touch it / got somekind of radioactive burns or something from it.He drew the symbols that he noticed on the ufo.
Cant post it but maybe some1 can?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Because people would have trouble making up symbols that didn't look eerily similar to hieroglyphs?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yup, just like people have trouble making up original UFO descriptions......thus the "flying saucer" flap after some douche reporter published that word.

People are ignorant, and highly steerable through the media. Ufology is proof.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There was a post the other day about why ufo's would have lights,which is a good question.
As some posted they may not be lights,just that they appear as lights from emitions into the visible spectrum.
Or maybe the ones with lights are just hoax's?

Im haveing similar thaughts about these markings. Why would ufo's have markings?
They would not need identifiers on craft as humans do on aircraft. Think about it a little.
If they were is would just be a few symbols not a construct,i mean what it say "Made in Tiawan"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

goto yr browser full history and note the link, or post the series and eppisode.
Id like to take a look at that for sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I found this image. I dont know if these are supposed to be the actual symbols reported to be on these craft or not.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4c4ad6bf6b6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
There was a post the other day about why ufo's would have lights,which is a good question.
As some posted they may not be lights,just that they appear as lights from emitions into the visible spectrum.
Or maybe the ones with lights are just hoax's?

Im haveing similar thaughts about these markings. Why would ufo's have markings?
They would not need identifiers on craft as humans do on aircraft. Think about it a little.
If they were is would just be a few symbols not a construct,i mean what it say "Made in Tiawan"

well, even our spacecraft is full of writing and markings.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It would be great if someone took a crack at these markings!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I think i know know,Its just a marketing ploy.
It says "Mc Orion Mothership Delux & flies only 1.99 oz AU "
(j/k)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
reply to post by Signals

goto yr browser full history and note the link, or post the series and eppisode.
Id like to take a look at that for sure.

It was one of the 2 first episodes of the new season - either Aliens and the Old West or Aliens and Monsters....had them on my DVR but it just died, a lost a ton of stuff

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join