It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel planting land mines at Syria Border to stop protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Israel planting land mines at Syria Border to stop protesters

www.jpost.com

Anticipating protests following the Palestinian Authority’s declaration of statehood next month, the IDF has planted additional anti-personnel mines along the border on the Golan Heights that it hopes will prevent infiltrations into Israel.
The army experienced its first taste of the demonstrations on May 15, when more than 100 Palestinians from Syria crossed into the Israeli side of the Golan Heights.

According to Syrian and Lebanese reports at the time, more than a dozen protesters were killed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.forbes.com
www.eurasiareview.com

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wait...Did I read correctly? Israel USING LAND MINES against innocent Protesters? Weren't the use of Land mines banned by the Ottawa Treaty put forth by the UN in 1997?

The Ottawa Treaty or the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention, otherwise known as the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction, is a treaty aimed at stopping the effects of anti-personnel landmines (AP-mines) around the world. As of August 2011, there were 156 States Parties to the treaty.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh wait...I forgot, Israel hasn't signed it (refused to).
And by the way, do read the comments below in the article. You might find them quite sickening.

So while the world just sits and does nothing at the obvious Genocide and brutal force Israel is using against Palestinians and other people, The US government gives away $100 billion of tax payers money to these murderers. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess the saying is true. Either Israel destroys or gets destroyed - and the moment they have a free pass to do whatever they want because the UN and the US allows this.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if these people still advocate Slavery...

edit on 14-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Let them defend their borders as they see fit.
Matters not one bit to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Out of curioisity, which country designed and made these landmines?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Sure, let them. Then once those borders get moved at a future date, somebody steps on a landmine, or whatever reason in the future.

perhaps it could be one of your relatives in the far future?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Miracle do happen!! Finally, they are doing something PROACTIVE and lifesaving-for us!

Go IDF! Let the mines explode.....explode......explode.....

Adina Kutnicki, Israel

One of the comments.. Just the amount of extremism in the world these days is incredible! Haven't we learned a damn think for our (recent) history?

Good that you found this.

Flagged

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The world voted to ban landmines in 2008:

""UNGA Resolution 63/42 was adopted on 2 December 2008 ""

War Crime.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
PS

This is madness that this still continues, the wests foreign policy is killing this world.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

This comment just shines of sheer ignorance and bigotry.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
PS

This is madness that this still continues, the wests foreign policy is killing this world.

yes its the wests foreign policy.........

Nevermind the MASS killings in the name of Allah, or people strapping bombs to children, or peolple driving cars rigged with bombs into public squares, or blowing up churches, because of MIDDLE EASTERN religious beliefs.......

Yes, its all the west.........

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Putting mines on their boarders is fine. But there is a problem when you put them on stolen land and land that is a UN demilitarized zone. Israel needs to be kicked out of the UN and sanctions placed on them.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Putting mines on their boarders is fine. But there is a problem when you put them on stolen land and land that is a UN demilitarized zone. Israel needs to be kicked out of the UN and sanctions placed on them.

No it is NOT fine, landmines are BANNED:

They should also sanction countries that MANUACTUR landmines.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Then I wonder why 4 Israelis were celebrating the destruction of the twin towers in 9/11?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Banned by whom, exactly? The UN? The UN has no authority to tell anyone to do anything. You can hem and haw all day long, but when it comes down to it, the UN is a toothless dog. All bark, no bite.

As for sanctions . . . laughable. When has sanctions ever worked?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Israel will protect its borders at all cost. They deeply and truly believe they are Gods chosen people. And they believe the saviour will come to that specific land. It is weird how people can be mind controlled by history stories written in books from the images of how they at the time the holy book was written either perceived or created a thought. Like the bible, all man written, quaran man written ECT..ect..
And apparently USA gov agrees with them, why? Oh there is a matter of strategic advantage, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by JennaDarling

Banned by whom, exactly? The UN? The UN has no authority to tell anyone to do anything. You can hem and haw all day long, but when it comes down to it, the UN is a toothless dog. All bark, no bite.

As for sanctions . . . laughable. When has sanctions ever worked?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes it's us, raping those regions since the beginning of colonization by imperialist Europe.

These are historical facts

edit on 14/8/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In defense for Israel, being the teeny tint country it is and being radical Islam will completely innialate non believers, Israel needs to do what ever possible to stop their enemies. I'm on the fence with this topic

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Then I wonder why 4 Israelis were celebrating the destruction of the twin towers in 9/11?

ahh yes the ol straw man "celebration" crap..........you can take that line to another forum where its been beat to death and made obsolete.......

Explain radical islams policies BEFORE 9/11 and infact BEFORE the west was involved in their country that are STILL implemented to this day.....

You see they have a history of this, the west isnt to blame.........its doctrine......

........ill hold my breath.............

On the flip side, if all your neighbors were hostile and wanted to kill you, and your the small house on the block, id be taking some pretty hefty precautions myself
edit on 14-8-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Then let them place mines on UN defined Israeli land and blow their own innocent women and children up..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join