It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Contact. A Theory On How It Will Occur.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is a theory on how contact with extraterrestrials will occur and how it has occurred in the past.

For years, ufologists, astronomers, and civilians a like have been debating on how alien contact will be or will not be made. We have been trying for at least the last thirty years to contact ETs by way of using radio waves. Who is to say that some advanced civilizations out there are still using radio or microwave signals to communicate? For all we know, these civilizations are using a far more advanced way of communicating with each other that would make the use of radio and microwave telescopes absolete in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. For all we know, these advanced races may have left communicating by ways of a machine or by some type of infrared wave thousands, if not millions, of years ago. Yet we have been trying in vain for the last three decades trying to make contact with equipment that would be considered ancient technology by an advanced extraterrestrial race. All because of where religion has held us down for generation after generation. It has left us to wonder where we would be at as a society today. Technology wise, we are just beginning to understand what the human race is capable of doing. It may not even be a form of technology that advanced extraterrestrial civilizations are using. Most people believe that they use telepathy as their main form of communication. If they do communicate in any sort of way it must be through telepathic means. If their form of communication is not through ways of telepathy. Then why have so many abductees reported of these aliens communicating with their abductees without moving their mouths? We do not have an advanced way of communicating with an alien race nor do any of us know if we have the means capable. Yet we just haven't came around to fully grasp the way of using that sort of technology or mind set in ways that we could use to communicate with and advanced civilization.

Most people say, "Why don't they just land on the front lawn of the White House." That could and would be the absolute last thing that I would want to do if I were an alien. Why would any advanced extraterrestrial civilization want to make contact by landing on the property of one of most dangerous countries in the world? With the, sometimes violent, reaction that most governments would have if an advanced civilization were to land in their country. Doing that may wind up blowing up in our faces if it were to happen like that. We may have a contingency plan in place if and when alien contact were to occur. If we don't have any sort of contingency plan for the day that contact with ET comes. I'll just use this as an example on whether or not we are or are not prepared for contact.

The second major disastrous effect that UFO activity, real or imagined, can have on the populace, is the creation of fear, panic, flight, and all kinds of irrational behavior.

If this were to most certainly to be the case of when and if contact with ET occurs. The widespread panic that it would cause may be too much for any police department or national guard uint to control. Our government does not have a contingency plan to implement in case alien contact were to occur. Nor do they seem "interested" in having a contingency plan in place if and when contact were to occur. If there is a contingency plan in place for when and if contact occurs. If there is such a plan in place it is being kept secret and is highly classified. If such a plan exists, it has to be so highly classified that only a few people have access to it. For all we know, the President may or may not have a high enough security clearance to view these plans when the time is right. If I were an "alien" and I wanted to make myself known to people... I'm not going to land anywhere close to any nations government facilities. For all that we know, we don't have a contingency plan or or any plan of action in place for when contact occurs.

If you really wanted to throw people, government, and religion for a loop. Why not land at a holy site. Land at Meccha, land in Jerusalem, land at St. Peter's Square in Rome. Almost all of the major religions in the world mention some sort of "space man" coming down to Earth. For example, in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon and the ancient city of Baalbek. The Roman and Constantine temples that were built there were built up on an ancient platform weighting approximately five billion tons. One of the stones that was placed there weighs close to 1200 tons in itself. Some ufologists have suggested that this platform along with the one that the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is on was that at one time they were possibly used as a landing pad for extraterrestrials. It has been said that this twelve hundred ton stone could not even been placed with such precision even with twenty first century technology and the heavy equipment that we have now.

Some ufologists have even suggested that the ancient stone at the Kabba shrine in Mecca may have something to do with with alien contact or outer space in general. Some have even suggested that the eleven churches built in the ground in northeastern Ethiopia were built with such precision that it would not have been possible for these churches to have been built the way they were built with the technology at the time. These churches were said to have been built around the time that Christianity came to Ethiopia and eastern Africa. With the technology that was around at the time. It would have been next to impossible for these churches to have been built in to, not from, the rock that these sanctuaries were built in to. Not without the use of some advanced technology that was not present on this planet at the time. Some have even suggested that that the Holy Grail was placed here so as to it could have been found when the extraterrestrials were to return to find it. If this were not the case, then why does one of these churches have a room that was built to the same exact dimensions as to what the "Holiest of Holies" room at Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem was built to? Something tells me that the grail was there and it has been moved. Where it was moved to and why it was moved. It may have been moved so that we humans could not find it.

You might as well add the Pyramids of Giza and the Yucatan to the list of places where contact may occur in the future as well. It is believed that these gods that both the Egyptians and Mayans have documented in hieroglyphics and in writing. When the Pryamids of Giza were constructed around 500 B.C. They did not have the technology capable of designing, engineering, and building such structures. These structures are so precisely built that we could not even duplicate them to the degree that the originals were built to. Even to this day and time with the technology that we have. We could not replicate the construction of these structures to the precision that they were built to. Were the Egyptians and the Mayans got the technology to build these massive pyramid-like structures. It leaves us wondering as to how they got their advanced knowledge of astronomy, advanced mathematics, and other physical sciences that they have been know to have posessed.

When contact with ETs were to happen either today, tomorrow, next week, or a decade from now. If an alien race really wanted to demonstrate that we are here and have been here for millenia. All that would have to happen is for some govenrment to have launched a missile and see what happens to that missile. It has been reported that ufos have buzzed missile bases and affected the operations of these missiles. Some cases as to where missiles have been reported as to havee been set to launch during a UFO encounter over a missile base. I would say that if contact were to happen. It is going to happen when we least expect it and we are not going to be prepared for when it happens. If aliens have been buzzing our military bases and have in fact changed or affected our missiles. The misiles would become useless if hostile contact were to take place. When it eventually happens, they will come prepared to retaliate if an act of violence were to be perpetrated against them. If it were to happen and when it does happen. Their technology would wipe out the fighting forces of the militaries of the world in hours if not a matter of minutes. We could go on to say that it could spell the end of the human race if the encounter were to be made hostile by the actions of a government or governments.

I do believe that if contact were to happen and happen peacefully. It will happen not only in front of our government but in front of the governments of other nations around the world. When it happens, it could be forth the realization to the rest of human civilization that we are not alone in the universe nor have we been alone. Imagine a day where all of the wars going on around the world were to come to a complete stop. Not because of some "truce" being signed by a group or groups of people. By the realization that we as a civilization are not alone and that the wars we and others are waging now would become something of a thing of the past. It would bring us as a civilization together as such so that we would not wage wars against each other. Famines would stop and we would come together to end world hunger. Not only would these come to an abrupt and definite end. We would also bring about the enlightenment of the human race as one.
edit on 14-8-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Im sure that many if not all of the G7 nations have a first contact plan in place considering how much research is done by these govts into the search for ET.

I think we haven't made contact due to the fact that we are a primitive non space faring race that still engages in tribal and religious warfare. This is a dangerous quality to have if we were all of a sudden granted the technology to traverse the stars or weaponry equivalent of ET standards.

Also one only needs to look at the history books to see what happens when a more advanced civilization makes contact with a less advanced one.
While some of us are ready not all of us are. We still have people living in mud huts on this planet.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Please edit your thread and indent your paragraphs. Some of us have small monitors and aren't willing to get a headache in order to read something possibly interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Wishful thinking

muchly

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good topic but you may want to check or put a question mark by some of your dates such as the age of the Giza Pyramids. Also discrediting the ability of humans being able to move large objects is another thing you may want to research more.
www.southfloridaonline.com...
Also read about the free masons, they designed and built some very mind blowing structures using simple hand tools.
Hopefully that link above works. The human mind is a powerful tool.
As far as extraterrestrials making contact, I can't blame them if they kept a low profile. Granted the majority of people could probably handle the situation, it's that small group of lunatics I fear most. The ones that would scream "Demons from hell."

Star for the OP, great topic.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

How is it wishful thinking when we don't know whether or not our governments have a contingency plan when it comes to alein contact. For all we know, a lot of ountries may not have such a plan in place to deal with the panic that could be the result.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think some of you forget what "A Theory" means.
Good topic OP

I believe as of now any leader of a government that is a member of the United Nations is by law, required to announce contact with an extra-terrestrial intelligence. Also the UN is at some point supposed to be wrting a new protocol on diplomacy should contact be made.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I would say that almost all of the nations around the world have a "First Contact" contingency plan in place if and when the day were to arise. We, both civilian and government, have been researching ufos and their non-threat or threat to mankind. Even if we were to, or already, have a plan in place for when contact happens. When and if "First Contact" is made and when it occurs. For all we know, the United Nations does have a protocol pertaining to a "First Contact" event and how it should be dealt with. They have even appointed a "Space Ambassador" if you will to be a representative for planet Earth with the time occurs. Ronald Reagan said it best when it came to first contact in his "UFO Speech" to the United Nations.

The differences between us and the rest of the world would vanish if it were to come out that we were not alone. We would forget all of the little differences between every single one of us. We would find out once and for all that we are all one race, the human race. The world as we know it right now will never be the same again nor will it change for the worse.

That is another reason why I believe that we haven't made contact with ET since the ancient times. They foresaw the turmoil that was starting to develop on this planet at the time and they realized that if we were to become more advanced. We would wipe ourselves out . These beings also realized that if we were to have been given these advanced weapons and ways of thinking. That we would eventually come and terrorize them with the weapons and the technology that we were given. Where we are and have been a warring and violent race for centuries. We, as humans, are not ready for the day that first contact comes about.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I would say that almost all of the nations around the world have a "First Contact" contingency plan in place if and when the day were to arise.

Really? How do you know? Just guessing? Here's a few more questions you may want to take a stab at:

Where is such a plan?
Who controls or maintains this plan?
Why is it never discussed?
Why have we heard nothing of these plans, although we've had "leaks" on every other aspect of ufology for decades?
What would such a plan contain?
Why are average humans excluded from contributing to such a plan?
What methods are in place to collaborate between nations should such a plan need to be implemented by any one nation?
Is there just one plan - or is there a plan "B", plan "C", etc., to accommodate different scenarios?
What does the plan say should be done in the case of an annihilation attack?
Who determines what the 'intent' of ET is?
What if initial contact is made from a great distance rather than physical contact?
How do we respond if the initial contact is a "warning"?
Who decides or selects Earth's response?
How is such a selection made?
What if Nation "A" and Nation "B" disagree on the execution of any one plan over another?
Under what circumstances does the plan go into effect?
What mechanism is in place for modifying the plan if circumstances change?
What do we do if ET doesn't like our "plan" and indeed, has a "plan" of their own?
Who "speaks for Earth"?
Does the Plan exist in physical form somewhere - at the U.N.? - the NSA/NGIA? The Vatican? Moscow? Beijing?

Profoundly: Why has there never been even the slightest breath or hint of such a plan's existence even though it would be the most important document or initiative to humanity in history?

Yes, I believe such a plan exists. Why it remains one of the most closely guarded secrets of the world is the more important question.

Thanks for bringing it up, OP - not that doing so will yield many answers. But; awareness is a beginning...

edit on 8/15/2011 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

I hope that what I have put down below gives you some insight into some of the answers you are looking for.

I would say that almost all of the nations around the world have a "First Contact" contingency plan in place if and when the day were to arise.

Really? How do you know? Just guessing? Here's a few more questions you may want to take a stab at:

It is quite possible that every nation has a contingency plan. That is just it though. I don't know if any one really has a plan in place for when First Contact eventually happens. I would hope that we, as humans, would have such a plan in place for when and if the time came. I'm not saying that I know the honest answer. I'm just your everyday civilian that is wondering whether or not we do have such plans

Where is such a plan?

If there is such a plan. More than likely, the United Nations have every single country's plan on record.

Who controls or maintains this plan?

The National Security Agency, The Department of Defense, MI6, the British Department of Defence, the United Nations, and any other soverign nation that needs to access these plans. However, each country may or may not have their own plan of action when it comes to First Contact and they may have to fall on the UN's plan if the UN has one.

Why is it never discussed?

The only reason that it has not been discussed with the general public is because of the widespread panic that uncovering these plans would cause.

Why have we heard nothing of these plans, although we've had "leaks" on every other aspect of ufology for decades?

If anyone has a contingency plan for when First Contact eventually happens. We are not hearing of these plans and for good reason. There are so many levels of Top Secret that not everybody in the military can access. There are some levels of Top Secret that are so high that Congress nor the President can access without proper dlearance to do so.

What would such a plan contain?

If such plans actually exist in the military. It may contain plans for negotiating peace between humans and the alien race that decides to come here. Who knows, it could also contain plans for us and them to set up a "Star Wars Defense" so if a hostile alien race were to try and invade. The alien race that we signed the peace accords with would come and defend us. I will say that if it does turn out that the race that made First Contact with us is hostile.

Why are average humans excluded from contributing to such a plan?

Not all average humans would be excluded from contributing to such a plan. You would have to have some form of emergency planning say if a city were to be the point of contact. That way you could deal with the panic that it would cause from the craft just being there. You would also have to have a plan for you to set up backup communications say if an electro-magnetic field were to shut down all communications in an affected area. Since your communications are down. That means the power is going to be off more than likely. So you would have to have a plan to deal with the outages.

What methods are in place to collaborate between nations should such a plan need to be implemented by any one nation?

If such plans do exist as well as the methods of collaborating between nations. It may turn out to be something set up like the United Nations where one country is the host and the rest of the countries involved set up and discuss the methods on bringing about a peaceful end to the situation. Its almost like the War Room at the Pentagon. A group of people in charge of every thing only this time it would involve people from not only the United States being in charge. It could also involve people England, France, Germany, India, Saudi Arabia, Japan, and Russia being there so that the plan goes off without a hitch.

Is there just one plan - or is there a plan "B", plan "C", etc., to accommodate different scenarios?

I would have to say that more than one plan exists. Say if you have an alien ship over London; Moscow; Sydney, Tokyo; etc. They may have a different plan in place to deal with such an occurance. It may be totally differnet. It may only be slightly different from what we may have. We just better hope that those crazy Russians don't try to shoot at the one over Moscow.

What does the plan say should be done in the case of an annihilation attack?

What could we do any way if it were to turn out to be an annihilation attack. All we could do is try to fight even though we would become extinct as a species. Our weapons would be inept if it were to eventually come to that. We could throw all the nuclear missiles we want at them even though it would not do a bit of good to do so.

Who determines what the 'intent' of ET is?

To be honest, how could we determine their intent when the time comes. I don't think that we could determine their intent even if they said they were here on a mission of peace. Now granted, they may come here looking for peace with us in the first place. Then again, they come here looking to give us peace and quiet. However, there has to be a race in the Cosmos that wants us dead.

What if initial contact is made from a great distance rather than physical contact?

If initial contact is made from a great distance. It may turn out to be the better on the long run even though you would still run the risk of a hostile action being taken although it could be a slim chance that it happens. If it turns out to be physical contact with an alien species. You would still run a slightly higher risk that you could still encounter an action of hostilities. It could still turn out to be better in the long run even if it were to turn out like that.

How do we respond if the initial contact is a "warning"?

All I have to say about initial contact being a "warning" of sort or not. It would give us time to prepare for what action, if any, that we could necessitate in an act of retaliation. Even though it could just be a warning to us to either straighten up and stop fighting amongst ourselves. Or, it could be a warning to prepare for an intergalactic war of which there may or may not be a winner. Even if there is a winner, us humans are going to pay the highest toll when the end comes.

Who decides or selects Earth's response?

If any one were to decide or select our response to an alien threat of invasion or annihilation. It would most certainly have to be the Secretary General of the Assistant Secretary General of the United Nations.

How is such a selection made?

If it were to come down to making such a decision when the time comes for it to be made. You see, not only would each country have their own military men discuss it. They could also have their leading astronomers and ufologists discussing the plan of action that would be necessary for any action that the alien contacts made or did.

What if Nation "A" and Nation "B" disagree on the execution of any one plan over another?

That is why we would have the nations sit down and discuss the matter before first contact happens. This way, you could agree on the best possible solution for each scenario that would arise from "First Contact" being made. For all we know, the United Nations could have already done this and none of us know any details of it.

Under what circumstances does the plan go into effect?

Let's say you have every major city across the globe reporting that alien ships are not only hovering above your city. Every major city is also reporting that some ships have landed and that these creatures are out of the ship and not doing a thing to humans that are looking at the ship that these occupants came out of. Then your plan that deals with non-hostile action goes into place after it has been well determined that they mean no harm to us. Now if you get reports from the International Space Station, aircraft, or places saying that these aliens are attacking. Then that is when you plan for hostile action comes into affect. Even though it would not do us a bit of good since they would have weapons far more advanced than what we have.

What mechanism is in place for modifying the plan if circumstances change?

I would say that each plan may have a different option in place so it could be modified "on the go" if the circumstances were to change. For each individual plan, you may have ten to twenty different options that could be used if and when the time comes.

What do we do if ET doesn't like our "plan" and indeed, has a "plan" of their own?

We couldn't really do much after that if it where to come to fruition that ET has a different plan. We would definitely try to work out some sort of compromise as to where it would turn out for the good on both sides. Formulate a plan as to where they could use some of the minerals found here on Earth if they need to. We could also use that as a basis for a Star Wars type defense that Reagan proposed with the UN back in the 1980s. They would come to defend Earth if another race were to try and invade our planet. We could give them some of our natural resources if it turned out that they were to be in dire need of them on their home planet.

Who "speaks for Earth"?

If any one is going to speak for Earth and do so with pride and valor. It could be someone from the scientific community or from both the scientific and diplomatic community. I would bet that it would be from both the scientific and the diplomatic communities that would speak for us.

Does the Plan exist in physical form somewhere - at the U.N.? - the NSA/NGIA? The Vatican? Moscow? Beijing?

If such a plan does exist in a physical form somewhere or anywhere for that matter. You can bet the United Nations; the National Security Agency and the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency; Moscow; Beijing, Tokyo; London; Paris; Riyadh; etc., would have at least some for of a contingency plan for First Contact written and stored somewhere. I would think that The Vatican would have their own plan of action as well seeing as to how the revelation of us not being alone in the universe would throw the Christianic, the Islamic, if not all religion for a complete loop.

Profoundly: Why has there never been even the slightest breath or hint of such a plan's existence even though it would be the most important document or initiative to humanity in history?

We honestly do not know whether or not such plans for a First Contact scenario exist of not. If it does exist, it has to be under one of the most scrutinized and highest levels of security out there. The guy the looks over the North American Aerospace Defense may not even know if such a plan exists or not. Even the President of the United States may not know whether such a plan exists or not. If anyone at the Pentagon does not if such a plan or plans exist or not. It would have to be the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Yes, I believe such a plan exists. Why it remains one of the most closely guarded secrets of the world is the more important question.

I think that if such plans actually do exist and are hidden deep within the walls and hallways of the Pentagon or the United Naions and The Vatican. It is going to be kept secret until the proper time for those plans to be used comes about. Whether First Contact happens tomorrow, next week, or ten years from now. If the plans are there, they are going to stay where they are when the time comes that we need them to be used.

edit on 15-8-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I still cant understand why people speak of extraterrestrial contact as something that may or may not happen in the future.

It has already taken place

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
WOW thats a ton 2 read!!!!!

enjoyed it though

good thread

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I imagine that in the year 2318, a very distant radio signal will be filtered out of the noise revealing that somehow an intelligent being of some kind discovered radio and developed it essentially the same way we did on a planet several hundred thousand light years away. We'll never be able to communicate back and forth. Did they survive? Did they advance beyond that? Did they find answers to questions we have? We'll ever know.

Is that better or worse than being the only intelligent life we know of? To know there are others out there, or at least were out there, but also understanding that we're just as alone as if they weren't.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There wont be contact, there will never.

The "modern time" UFOs we know since the 1930/1940....with reports of unidentified objects ranging all the way back to..well the dawn of time really, thousands of years.

They could have done that many times already - HECK maybe they actually "revealed" themselves some 10.000+ years ago as some ancient aliens theorists actually suggest.

But..there is simply no reason to believe there will be contact, seeing that UFOs play that "cat and mouse" "we hide and you seek" game for so long already!

(In fact, the "seek and hide" game going on for decades/centuries gives even reason to doubt that "they" even exist in a physical sense). Aka "hundreds of years and STILL no proof!"
edit on 15-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Even if they did reveal themselves to the ancients a few millenia in the distant past. Who is to say that they won't reveal themselves again to us here in the present. The only reason that they haven't revealed themselves to us no is that we are too unpreparred as a race. To any advanced civilization out there, we are looked down upon because of two simple things. One, we as a race are so violent that any contact now would most certainly result in an intergalactic war. They see us as a race that is hellbent on seeing that we destroy each other. Which in turn is keeping us from being enlightened on the very strong possibility that we are indeed not alone in the universe. Two, as a race, it would take a lot for us to come together to realize as one that we are not alone in the universe. All of this because of where the Vatican and our governments have kept the truth hidden from us for years.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The secret will come out one way or another. It can't be held forever.

I can only see the truth coming out from an accident either on the part of our governments or extraterrestrials. Something that turns out to be impossible to cover up. I just don't think either would willingly let all these years of hiding this subject from us become undone otherwise.

I don't think it could ever come out well though. After all the decades (or longer) of ridiculous secrecy, wrecked lives, and possible criminal matters that have destroyed lives, what is going to be revealed can only be what I consider to be a nightmare of truth. We need it though as it is the only way to end the farcical lives we're living now and actually start to experience life with unvarnished truth.

If individual humans can survive a war scenario no matter what their mentality is afterward they can survive the news that extraterrestrials are here and that their governments are lying to them about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm just wondering if perhaps the comma function ( , ) on your keyboard may be broken?

Regardless - I agree with you on a few of your speculations, disagree on quite a few others, and remain undecided on still more.

But either way - thanks for your post and opinions, even if reality may be far different.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I do believe that we have been visited before and have made contact with ET eons and eons ago. There are just so many things that have been pointed out over the years that point to the fact that we have been contaced before. When and if we were contacted during ancient times. We had no way of developing the wapons that we have today. Weapons that can inflict so much devastation and yet you only need one person for most of it to happen. Its just that if we are contacted again, it may or may not turn out for the best. I do think that we will be contacted again. Will it be during the remainder of our generations time left on Earth? More than likely, it won't happen due to us being a violent and war hungry civilization. When contact happens again, that is when we here on Earth will be at peace with one another.

new topics

top topics

join