It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN And Politico: "We're going to ignore [Ron Paul]"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Ron Paul came in close second in the Ames results only by 1%, clearly the tides are changing

True journalists report the news, they do not ignore something based on opinion or special interests.
There is too much commentary lately and almost no news, this is controlled media
And then people speak of other news sites like Al-Jazeera(no i'm not a fan of them)

They give Santorum and Cain coverage, but i'm sure more people think they have a chance compared to Ron Paul.

Now you may think that controlled media is a major problem, and you would be correct
But a worse problem is that some people would defend the views of the people in this video

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
theres not a hooten hell chance of me ever watching the communist news network CNN.

for the very reasons in the op.

bachmann wins and pawelenty gets third? since when did it ever go from 1 to 3 ?

thats call the manipulation of facts and opinion making the only opinions that are fit to be heard are the ones we give you.

i hope people write ron pauls name in on the ballots in 2012 and show those people just how stupid they are all being.

this country needs paul and in a bad way the funny part here is i support ron paul and i get called a "brainwashed right winger"

hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 14-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The man is right the media is doing their best to ignore him and Fox makes fun of him every chance they get. Bachmann got a little over 4000 votes but they forget to point out she bought 4000 tickets to allow people to vote for her. Paul only bought 2000 and almost tied her imo this shows Paul has a stronger following than her.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The media owners and sponsors are never going to allow RP the opportunity access to the white house and their numbered off shore accounts

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually, I believe Bachmann's campaign bought 6000 and Paul's 4500.

Take care.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't blame it on CNN. Fox does this even worse (the GOP fears Dr. Paul more than anybody else). Strangely enough, I see him get more respect on MSNBC than on any other network.

He is the death knell of the left/right illusion that rich politicians have been so comfortable playing in. He's going to piss on their party and nobody will know how to do the damage control.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

normally most people in my home country look at your politicians and we think how can the american people vote for these ass clowns,
many of my friends know of ron paul and we cant figaur out why the ass clowns get all the attension,
but this now makes sence, if the media ignore him all together how is this an unbiased election?

i realise now why ron paul is being overlooked,
its not that he is unelectable,
he is the only real candidate i have seen acually favour people over money and power,
the shadow govenment cant control him and corrupt him so they
try to make him look bad,

if the people in my country can see paul as your only real solution to corrupt covenment (see cover up govenment)

then i am sure americans can also see it

the politicians and the lame street media are too far behind the changes in public opinion and the tecnology of today.

simple minipulations that have worked for generations are no longer effective and even with zero positive coverage people are seeing the truth of finacial interference and govenment coruption,

the robbing of americas future to fund to big to fails was something everybody feels in their bones,
alternative media will over take the propaganda machine that is MSM news,

and realise how simple the con was that destroyed your country and how manipulated you all really are.

i sit here in new zealand and watch more and more people awaken to the truth of the corperate enslavement,

a corperation is now a person and a person is a slave to the corperate masters,

this is now coming to an end and the best part is,
the dumb bastards have not a clue that there hold is now so week that there lies are blatent and reveling to the masses.

this gives hope to me and i can see a just america where corps have to serve the public good or the CEOs will go to prision.

when the truth is censored and lies broudcast.
an awakening will occour. unexpected and masive,
all it takes is for the first lie to be exposed,

its coming so is the real american spirit, americans take no s#$%
except from there corrupt politicians who are allowed to insider trade on the descitions of your policy makers,

stand up ron paul and speek the truth you are being heard all the way on the other side of the earth

the ptb are too late, too slow to change tactics, and dont know the will of the people,
this will be their undoing

xploder

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Setting: Midnight November 7, 2012

The talk on the MSM news outlets will be about Britney Spears crashing her car drunk. A dog escaping a burning building. And a parrot that can sing hip-hop.

Perhaps they are missing something pretty important? I wonder why…

edit on 8/14/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Perhaps the RON PAUL revolution needs to stage protests outside the media outlets.

I think CNN is in Atlanta - not sure where Fox's headquarters are?
Surely it would be in a city, so that would bring attnetion to the problem.

I watch CSPAN washington journal a lot. The Ron Paul folks know how to HAUNT that outlet. lol
I hear callers all the time about him.

It's not right. I don't care who the candidate is. It isn't right.
edit on 14-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The blatant bias of most MSM will never surprise me. It is horrible how a person who has great ideas and ideals can be ignored and insulted by news outlets. I think RP's idea of what direction America should be headed in is better than the path it is currently on. Hope America can read between lines 1 and 3.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yes I have to agree with you on this. The problem is controlled media. Surely this is a crime? fraud? conspiracy to comit? Either way it is interfering in political elections and some one needs to say some thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
currently running YAHOO poll with the question, if you where voting in the Ames straw poll who would you vote for. below are the current results. Paul is leading by a landslide...i think it is coming to a point where they wont be able to ignore him much longer.

Mitt Romney (17127)
20%

Michele Bachmann (15378)
18%

Tim Pawlenty (2354)
3%

Jon Huntsman (4722)
6%

Newt Gingrich (6238)
7%

Ron Paul (25190)
30%

Rick Santorum (2546)
3%

Herman Cain (11663)
14%
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

You cannot seriously expect an internet poll on Yahoo to be scientific. I am a Ron Paul fan and even I know that internet polls are completely unreliable. He has a strong internet base of support, on his FB page or one of his websites they will post that link and tell the fans to vote, which they will. It does not take much to understand why he dominates online polling.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Strangely enough, I see him get more respect on MSNBC than on any other network.

No that's not true
depends on who's doing the interview
Ratigan shows him respect but he did make alot of stupid comments regarding the tea party
Madcow does not show respect to any view that stems from individualism and intellect

Cenk did a few times but he always said "yes you are good, but this dem did this and that dem did that"
But he did show him respect and then someone told him to tone down

but no Napolitano, Stossel and Cavuto give alot of respect to RP
Way more than anyone on MSNBC

MSNBC is for zombies though

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
All of those bloody outlets are for zombies.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
theres not a hooten hell chance of me ever watching the communist news network CNN.

for the very reasons in the op.

bachmann wins and pawelenty gets third? since when did it ever go from 1 to 3 ?

thats call the manipulation of facts and opinion making the only opinions that are fit to be heard are the ones we give you.

i hope people write ron pauls name in on the ballots in 2012 and show those people just how stupid they are all being.

this country needs paul and in a bad way the funny part here is i support ron paul and i get called a "brainwashed right winger"

hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 14-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Actually, just so this is clear... when that clip showed "Bachmann gets 1st and Pawlenty gets 3rd", that you attributed to "communist cnn" is actually from Politico news site. CNN was just using them as examples of corruption.

What is Politico?

They're a partner of CBS news and have at times been accused of tilting heavily on the Republican side. They also sponsor republican presidential debates, although they do strive to remain neutral it seems.

CNN is no angel, but you've gotta start checking your facts before you start waving your arms and flinging accusations.

Khar

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Cuervo
Strangely enough, I see him get more respect on MSNBC than on any other network.

No that's not true
depends on who's doing the interview
Ratigan shows him respect but he did make alot of stupid comments regarding the tea party
Madcow does not show respect to any view that stems from individualism and intellect

Cenk did a few times but he always said "yes you are good, but this dem did this and that dem did that"
But he did show him respect and then someone told him to tone down

but no Napolitano, Stossel and Cavuto give alot of respect to RP
Way more than anyone on MSNBC

MSNBC is for zombies though

Fox and MSNBC are both for zombies but Fox is for the old-school slow George Romero zombies and MSNBC is for the fast Dawn of the Dead remake zombies.

I'll hand it to you with Napolitano, though. I wish MSNBC would trade him for Lawrence O'Donnel. Point is this: talking heads from both sides are waking up and realizing where this is heading. I think there are a few (Ratigan, Napolitano, etc) that want to be remembered as the guy who supported Dr. Paul before is was cool.

The big three networks are all just different flavors on the same sundae. I prefer my MSNBC over my Fox but I have no illusions that either one of them are "right" nor fair and completely understand they are all owned by interests that are not American.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

What is Politico? They're a partner of CBS news and have at times been accused of tilting heavily on the Republican side. They also sponsor republican presidential debates, although they do strive to remain neutral it seems.

yeah someone needs to do some fact checking cbs? republican? that is laughable i guess people just seem to forget that uber leftist dan rather and making up news "stories"

ps i dont really respond well to people who tell me what to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kharron

What is Politico? They're a partner of CBS news and have at times been accused of tilting heavily on the Republican side. They also sponsor republican presidential debates, although they do strive to remain neutral it seems.

yeah someone needs to do some fact checking cbs? republican? that is laughable i guess people just seem to forget that uber leftist dan rather and making up news "stories"

ps i dont really respond well to people who tell me what to do.

No, of course you don't.

And trust me, I was not disillusioned to think you would start checking facts just because I told you to.

Khar

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
FYI Pawlenty Quits
news.yahoo.com...

Didn't agree with everything he said but everyone should have equal spotlight

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join