It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world laughing at Gillards Carbon Tax.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The biggest hoax by a political party in our history is the carbon tax,the wall st journal has a look,

Carbon cap and trade is dead in America, the Chicago emissions trading exchange has folded, and European nations keep fudging on their Kyoto Protocol promises. But Al Gore's great green hope still has a champion: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who announced last week that her government will impose a cap-and-tax regime.

All of this for negligible environmental benefits. Australia emits 1.5% of the world's greenhouse gases. Even if the country cut its emissions to zero, the move would do little to reduce global emissions.

online.wsj.com...

Aussies, this tax is so bad the rest of the world is laughing.

This pdf keeps getting removed, so they dont like it being out,this was sent to gillard just as the knife was put in rudds back.
www.sba.asn.au...
She had every intention of committing to carbon tax.
Juliar you should be charged with treason.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

I'd laugh, but the Australians may really suffer badly for this one. If it's anything like Gore had in mind for the United States, it could be devastating. Hopefully the Australian PM didn't sign on and drink ALL the koolaid for this bad idea....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Gillard was purposely put into power to purposely screw the Australians.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well i was thinking of putting it in global meltdown as its going to bury us.
Aussies aint happy thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Gillard was purposely put into power to purposely screw the Australians.

Yes just a puppet for the fabian think tank.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This site is for all your carbon tax truth.

wakeup2thelies.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am an Aussie and I consider it a very responsible solution. I have not been through all the nitty gritty details, but what I have seen it is a good move to get away from the oil and coal dependency and introduce more sustainable solutions to energy needs. Germany was the leader in this field and I am glad we are finally getting on board.

I know the US and China are the worst, but they are also much bigger economies with much bigger issues in confronting this problem. With the smaller countries stepping up and trying out different ideas it gives these larger countries something to work with when assessing their issues. They get a chance to see what works and what does not to pick and chose a good plan to their needs.

It is not just the air pollution with many kids in the cities having asthma these days, but look at what oil done to the gulf and now the north sea. It has made many cry. The debate on CO2 sounds like it is still going but there are other more dangerous compounds tied up with all this as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Taking steps to a greener cleaner future is responsible.
Creating another tax is not the solution.
The nitty gritty is not pleasant.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Why do you need a new tax to try out different ideas or to get off oil and coal dependency?
Do you think everyone has the money to pay more taxes to fund every companies R&D to fund renewable energy. The tax players won't see a dime of that money back.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

reply to post by Echo007

A problem we have is that corporations make decisions based on the bottom line, this is business. While it is cheep to pollute they will and move where they can to find some lax regulation and pollute. Energy prices have been going up 10-30% per year for the last few years anyway due to the uncertainty of this tax and inflation. Now that the industry knows where things are at hopefully some stability in the market will return.

This tax only applies to the biggest 500 polluters with the proceeds to go towards off setting the price rise for consumers and to invest in the clean energy market. The public will have to carry some of the burden during the main transition which could take anything from 5 to 20 years. A lot of costly infrastructure is dependant on coal, oil and gas and it will take a long time to wind down and new technologies wind up.

There is a massive risk Australia faces with about 80% of the population living near the coast. If a significant sea level rise was to eventuate it would be devastating to all of capital cities and coastal communities. While this risk may be low, the impact would be high and devastating to the nation.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Bah. I'm living in Australia & struggle with ever increasing prices on everything. Mortgage, food, power, water, gas, car registration and now another tax...

It’s to the point that we were planning on having another child (we have one now), but are seriously considering not to now. We want to be able to provide for them as needed yet we appear to be ‘providing’ for everyone else BUT ourselves. We both work & have pretty good jobs but live from one pay day to the next.

Also, I cannot understand how apathetic Australia has become. "There will be NO carbon tax under my leadership"...

Once her fat butt was in the Prime Ministers chair she did a complete reversal and now we face the exact tax she promised we would not.

Meanwhile people got a bit angry and then went straight back to their Xboxes and American Idol...

I fail to see this tax achieving anything except harvesting money from the general public to try and pay back the $900.00 Rudd gave us (yes, I sent mine back - I don't want my child to be still paying for that in their later life).

Personally we've planted over 11,000 native trees on our property and continue to do so. I'll choose the practical method of helping pollution issues over an evil tax forced upon us by a lying 'you know what'.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Viv Forbes at carbon sense does a great job at breaking down all the Gov propaganda.A great website that believes in a clean green future,and scrutinizes the practices of big energy and mining.

carbon-sense.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is an old post but oh well, carbon tax WILL ruin this country no doubt about that. All extra cost will be passed on to consumers & it will not stop high end carbon produces. Either that or they will leave the country. Oh wait we are a month out on the carbon tax & already many companies shutting up shop
Countries F$#@^& Id say. Check back in 12 months see how we are going

top topics

join