It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Cell Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

San Francisco Cell Shutdown

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/13/san-francisco-transit-blocks-cellphones-to-hinder-protest/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews]www.foxnews.com[/ url]

An illegal, Orwellian violation of free-speech rights? Or just a smart tactic to protect train passengers from rowdy would-be demonstrators during a busy evening commute?

The question resonated Saturday in San Francisco and beyond as details emerged of Bay Area Rapid Transit officials' decision to cut off underground cellphone service for a few hours at several stations Thursday. Commuters at stations from downtown to near the city's main airport were affected as BART officials sought to tact
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is crazy. A protect "might" happen, so they shut down cell service? How much more can we get down the path of "thoughtcrime". I am so glad I moved away from SF. The city has turned into a fascist version of political correctness.

The government does not have the right to infringe upon free speech and this was blatantly violated. I hope at the very least some officials loose their jobs over this. Jeese.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/13/san-francisco-transit-blocks-cellphones-to-hinder-protest/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews]www.foxnews.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't blame them for being worried given the state of things right now.

It seems they want to avoid another london incident which in my opion was beyond stupid.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Already an on-going topic. You're late to the party.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/14/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
How is cellphone service a constitutional right?
The only grievance here would be for a 2 hr service refund on a monthly bill.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thread closed. Please refer to the already linked original thread. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join