It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Case of Missing Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm sure my fellow ATS'ers can come up with all sorts of explanation and phenomenon to fit my experience in to, but I'd like to share a recent (as of Saturday, August 14th) case of missing time.

I woke up say around 9:00am Saturday morning, girlfriend asleep, nothing unusual. I'm a morning person and she's a night person. Actually I'm more of an insomniac, and I rarely get more than 3 to 4 hours of sleep at a time.

Anyhow, I wake up, do my usual routine, shower, brush my teeth etc. My girlfriend is enjoying her late sleep in, but I'm bored and decide to put on Rise of the Apes, from my laptop to my 52 inch TV.

It's now 12:00am ish (hour for shower and food, 2 hours for movie) and girlfriend wakes up to catch last half of movie with me. She wants to cuddle, so I oblige and as expected we fall back asleep together.

It's now 1:30pm. Her mom called, left a message which woke us up. So I drag myself back up out of bed, and ask her to take a shower and get ready so we can go catch a late lunch at her parents place.

So far it's a pretty good Saturday. Feeling rested, girlfriend is happy. Life is good.

Now comes the oddness...

She hops in the shower, while I turn on some Daft Punk, nice and loud since my neighbors have apparently disappeared and thus I no longer care how loud I am.

Prior to her shower I had asked her, "How long will you take to get ready?" to which she replied "Oh, about 30 minutes". Of course, being a guy, that's a hell of a long time to get ready, but of course I don't mind and continue with my music listening.

Keep in mind that her phone voice mail is what woke us up, at 1:30pm.

Upon turning music on, it was just after 1:40pm.

I listen to two songs, Digital Love and Something About Us. Combined, these two songs around just under 8 minutes.

My girlfriend takes her shower, gets dressed and combs her hair.

I pack up my laptop and find my keys. I ask her "What time is it?".

She replies "....um...it's 4:00..."

whatingodsname.avi

So I ask her to give me her phone. Sure enough, 2 hours have passed. I just sat there trying to remember what I had done since waking up. I recounted every single thing, nothing could add up to 2 complete hours passing by. And the weird thing is it literally was 4:00pm when she checked the time. Not 4:05 or 4:20....4:00pm exactly.

I spent all yesterday dumbfounded by what happened. Her mom said she waited and waited for us, but didn't try calling back. I was pissed if for no other reason than I lost a good part of my afternoon.

So ATS people, has this happened to anyone else?

The only "strange" thing that I felt happened, is that after the quick nap with the girlfriend, and subsequent waking up to the voice mail, I can only remember laying down and cuddling with her, and almost instantly sitting up, without dreaming, and feeling like I had just laid down. It was like a split second thing, I laid down behind her, wrapped my arms around her, fell asleep and the next moment sat up. No lethargy, or blurry vision. It felt alot like I had not really slept again at all.

Any opinions? What happened to my 2 hours? I wish I knew, because it's maddening to think that something happened while I was awake and alert and I simply cannot remember it.

Thanks.
edit on 14-8-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: spelling error

edit on 14-8-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What does your girlfriend think of this? Have you asked about her timeline of events?

You reminded me of a story told to me about 30 years ago. I knew about UFO and paranormal stuff back then but nothing about missing time.

I worked at a snooker hall and one of the regulars came in one day all agitated and rambling on about something. He said it was the weirdest thing- before he came out he'd been at home and had sat down to roll a cigarette - next thing he knew it was 2 hours later, the cigarette was still in this hand, and he just couldn't explain it. I could tell he was telling me a true story just by the way he was acting, so I was as baffled as he was.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Not sure but Saturday was August 13th and I believe that may be your problem. Naw, but idk sounds a little bizarre and with a troll face like that who really knows?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

So what about your girlfriend? Did she experience any missing time or anything out of the ordinary? She surely could not have spent hours in the shower.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Did you actually see on your GF's phone that her mother called at 1:30pm or is that an estimate? Unless you have it on her phone call log that it was 1:30pm, my first guess would be that this is where the timeline got messed up. Also, did you check to make sure the time on her phone is calibrated correctly? Lots of funky things have been going on with all the recent solar flares.

If you do have it on her phone and you're sure the phone's time is correct, the other possibility is that even though you didn't feel like you fell asleep, you might have done so. I'm a chronic insomniac also and there have been times when I've fallen asleep during the day and would swear on a stack of bibles that I hadn't (I only know that I did because of witnesses who saw me sleeping; I actually once fell asleep standing up leaning against a wall). The fact that you don't remember dreaming also lends itself to this possibility because when you have insomnia, a cumulative build-up of sleep deprivation sets in and it's not necessarily a matter of IF - but WHEN - the crash is going to come and by crash I don't mean sleeping for a long period of time but crashing into one of the deepest levels of sleep very quickly. It's in one of our lighter levels of sleep that we dream (don't know the actual stages of the sleep phases off the top of my head and perhaps someone else can help here) and in our deeper levels, we don't dream because our bodies are so starved for sleep that not even our subconscious (from where most scientists believe our dreams are born) can break through. These are all things that have been explained to me by my sleep doc so I'm not just blowing hot air. Not sure if that's what happened to you but it seems feasible.

In any event, I hope you solve the mystery!

Timidgal

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Sometimes phones lock up and the time is wrong. Just saying.
edit on 8/14/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
To my replies above, my girlfriend was completely aware the whole time, so she says. I personally checked her cell phone and it read 1:34pm. When she woke us both up, because her mom called, it was 1:29pm.

She likes to lay around in bed, but I had more than enough sleep than I usually get, and I can't stay in bed for too long or I'll get uncomfortable. So I kinda forced her to get up and get ready.

Between the time I turned on my music and she was ready to go, not more than 30 minutes could have passed, and that felt like a stretch to me. To find out that 2 hours had passed was unthinkable.

Sorry about the avatar, by the way. I wouldn't bother with such a TLDR story if I was trolling, to be honest.

I spent most of that day just completely baffled, and it's had me thinking about it since.

Oh, almost forgot. I know this probably really sounds like I'm trolling now, but it's important and might be relevant to my story.

Friday night, my girlfriend and I had went to sleep early, and she woke up past 12:00 at night, complaining about a bad dream she had.

In her dream, she said I was sitting in my desk chair, and behind me was a smallish black figure, more shadowy than visible, except for it's "bright yellow eyes". Her words. She said it was about level with my shoulders, so with me sitting that's about 4 feet perhaps.

She said in her dream, the figure was standing behind me, and I was just sitting there looking at her.

She was on my bed, and she said the figure was telling her that it wants to hurt me.

I'm actually a pretty fearless type person, and not even the threat of a demon or whatever itself will scare me one bit, but I was concerned for her because she was freaked out and so we slept with the light on.

That's really the only other weird thing that happened since before the missing time incident the following morning.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

God is looking out for you. Sometimes God gives people dreams to warn them of something. The creature that your girlfriend saw is a demon, kind of like an imp, many times imps love to harass people. Some demons can either slow down time or accelerate time. Perhaps that is what has happened in your case. You need to pray asking Jesus Christ to protect you and your girlfriend. He is the only one that can protect you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
for some time ago my mobile phone started changing its OWN DATE BACK TO 2001.

it just never did it before, i even reset the firmware

someone experienced this too?
edit on 14-8-2011 by 2Unknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Probably punishment for pirating movies bro.

I've had similar things happen a number of times. Read a clock wrong and it can throw you for a bit of a loop. Sometimes my cell times stamps the messages incorrectly, or takes forever to alert me I have a message. That or you're leaving out part of the morning routine...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Anyone who gets by on 4-5 hours sleep a night, for any length of time, can experience sporadic sleep blackouts.

The fact that your girlfriend did not miss any time would suggest that you merely fell into a deep sleep (for a couple of hours) due to fatigue.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You believe girls need only "30 mins" to get ready
That's your first mistake right there

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Anyone who gets by on 4-5 hours sleep a night, for any length of time, can experience sporadic sleep blackouts.

sporadic what ? I have managed on 3 or 4 hours sleep for the last 20 years and never have any blackouts or naps during the day like the OP... I once asked my Doctor if there was something I should be doing to get more sleep and he said it was just 'normal' for me so reading that ANYONE who has limited sleep has blackouts is very strange.

Do you have a link to any information on this please?

As far as the OP is concerned this happened to me in April.

I woke at 00:55 due to some noise... went to the bathroom checked on the children... went to bed and was shivering, woke hubby and asked him to turn his darn fan off he insists on having on... he hugged me warm and eventually we fell asleep.

Another noise woke me so I lay there for a while listening, heard nothing, looked at the clock and it was 00:55... I assumed I had fallen asleep and woken in a split second so lay back down and mulled stuff over in my head about chores I had to do, plans for the week etc etc

fell asleep and woke again, sat up, looked at the clock and it was 00:55 still! I sat in bed staring at the digital clock thinking it MUST have frozen... wondered if they COULD freeze and then it suddenly changed to 00:56 so I assumed it had frozen and lay back down to sleep.

But they don't freeze do they? It wasn't until later that day I thought even if it had been a power surge the time would have gone to 12:12 and flashed like it does when that happens so goodness knows what it was...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

sporadic what ? I have managed on 3 or 4 hours sleep for the last 20 years and never have any blackouts or naps during the day like the OP... I once asked my Doctor if there was something I should be doing to get more sleep and he said it was just 'normal' for me so reading that ANYONE who has limited sleep has blackouts is very strange.

Do you have a link to any information on this please?

As far as the OP is concerned this happened to me in April.

I woke at 00:55 due to some noise... went to the bathroom checked on the children... went to bed and was shivering, woke hubby and asked him to turn his darn fan off he insists on having on... he hugged me warm and eventually we fell asleep.

Another noise woke me so I lay there for a while listening, heard nothing, looked at the clock and it was 00:55... I assumed I had fallen asleep and woken in a split second so lay back down and mulled stuff over in my head about chores I had to do, plans for the week etc etc

fell asleep and woke again, sat up, looked at the clock and it was 00:55 still! I sat in bed staring at the digital clock thinking it MUST have frozen... wondered if they COULD freeze and then it suddenly changed to 00:56 so I assumed it had frozen and lay back down to sleep.

But they don't freeze do they? It wasn't until later that day I thought even if it had been a power surge the time would have gone to 12:12 and flashed like it does when that happens so goodness knows what it was...

Haven't you heard about narcolepsy? But, i have experienced missing time aswell. But not for as long a two whole hours! And besides, his girlfriend was there also, and she was baffled too?

Once when i was playing poker on the internet i lost about ten - eleven minutes of my life. How i noticed? I was playing a pokertournament online and really needed to pee. The next scheduled break was 6 minutes away. This is an automatic break in the online pokergame which always occur once every hour at the exact same time. The break is about four minutes long. Suddenly i heard something in the bedroom (i was alone of course) and immediatly looked in that direction. When i looked down again at my computerscreen the game was about to start, telling me that the tournament would be starting within one minute. I needed to pee more than ever. Also asked the other players if there actually was a break in the game or if there might have been a bug in the pokersite's system. Nada. They had their break.. I didn't..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The fact that your girlfriend did not miss any time would suggest that you merely fell into a deep sleep (for a couple of hours) due to fatigue.

Well, my gf experienced exactly what I did, and just let the incident pass, but I couldn't. It still bothers me.

I don't have narcolepsy, or any kind of such problems either. I simply sleep for 3 hours, rarely 4 hours, and that's it. Sure, I suffer from minor fatigue about 5:00 pm, and my sleeping hours are usually from 12:00pm to 3:00am, but if it really bogs me down, my gf lets me slip a nap in during the afternoon, occasionally.

@ yzzy and creatureme

Yeah those are some pretty strange incidents. This wasn't my first time experiencing this. And I recently took a road trip, and the next day upon returning this happened once more, again with gf near me. I can't remember the details this last time, kinda fuzzy, but we lost what I figure to be around 2 hours again.

Who knows, it could be a cellphone glitch. I need another wall clock, since my last one broke. I'm definitely open to finding a plausible explanation of course. Who really wants to believe that strange things are being done to them during this so-called missing time? :/

Anyhow, just catching up with my thread. Cheers to you all.

-D

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Use an object and apply a memory or something to that object, then hide it somewhere or in the general vicinity afterward. You will need to go back and think of that specific object you may have used or applied your memory to in the past. You will have definitely had an object placed within the vicinity you can track back the timetable.

Always go BACK, never go forward.

new topics

top topics

join