It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wives of Jesus - a.k.a 'There's Something About Mary'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am not well versed on this particular subject so please forgive my stupid question. If Jesus had a wife would she not have been shunned while he was "under attack"? I find that in history when the husband suffered the wife was also associated with the husbands guilt. Guilty by association I suppose. The bible doesn't really mention Mary as an outcast or am I maybe missing something here? Interesting debate none-the-less. One I am sure will be tossed around for centuries more.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

If Mary was Jesus's wife there is no doubt she would have come under scrutiny at the time. Some authors have her fleeing to avoid the same fate as Jesus.

However, if she was the wife of Jesus we would also expect the early church to hide this fact and do their best to obscure Mary's role in Jesus's ministry, which is precisely what happened.

As I said in the OP: "After reading this it becomes apparent how the reputation of Mary Magdalene was distorted and dragged through the mud by the early church leaders. Her role seems to have been deliberately obscured and hidden from the masses. Could the reason for this be her marriage to the Messiah?"

So yes, you could be absolutely right. But the fact the Gospels don't tell us that she was persecuted doesn't mean much, as it would be an admission of the marriage.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Ah....Something to think about! I would love to crawl around in the Vatican archives, if only I could read in thirty different languages. I have a feeling the Catholic faith has obscured several things. My next question would be this, if Jesus did get married how would this affect the true belief of him? Well, other than the obvious that we have been lied to in the bible. That would be the fault of the church, not Jesus.I don't care if he was married and had children, if I want to believe he died on the cross for me that is my business. His sex life or lack thereof is his. So why the big outcry that Christianity would end as we know it if he was married?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Well, the truth is...it shouldn't.

But we have to look at it historically: Under Emperor Constantine (312-337), Christianity became a legal religion. While some scholars debate whether Constantine’s conversion to Christianity was authentic or simply matter of political expediency, Constantine’s decree made empire safe for Christian practice and belief. Unfortunately for women, Greek dualism portrayed flesh as evil…so in order to make Jesus more holy and untouchable, he couldn’t have a wife.

In the “Sins of Scripture” I’ve never found this point explained more powerfully:

“It is a shame that by denigrating the woman called Magdalen during Christian history, the church destroyed the healthiest female symbol in ancient Christianity. There is no evidence in the Bible to support the familiar claim that Magdalene was a prostitute. That charge was fabricated beginning in the second century of the Common Era, when Greek dualism portrayed flesh as evil. This flesh-and-blood woman at Jesus’ side was perceived by the dualists as a threat to his holiness.”

www.cleversley.com...



And so many saw it as a threat to his divinity.

It's a strange notion because Jesus was viewed as both fully human and fully divine, so marriage shouldn't really have been such a scandal. But we must remember that at the time Christianity, as it is now known, was competing with other religions/cults and with other Messiahs, and so depicting Jesus as being unmarried, untainted so to speak, would only have added to his perceived divinity.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In fact it was suggested somewhere that Jesus might have practiced zoophilia.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Women have been disrespected all through history...Your not going to find whatever it is your looking for going down this rabbit hole.

Say this 150 times on a 150 Rosary Bead....you may find some peace.
Haile, Full of Grace,God is ith Thee, Blessd Art Thou amoung Women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb. OUr Lady, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death.

Faith is different for everyone which is a shame to see how the past has been twisted to the point where no one for sure what is what anymore. I think that's why were in the pickle were in today. The devil has been given power over man for 2000 years...and are dumb asses have forgotten God's name and the Keys that were given to Peter to open the gate of heaven. Jesus Christ aka God aka Holly Ghost.

The devil is having a blast with your lack of faith....that is if you ever had any.

Personally I'm more concerned about the ones keeping me from getting into heaven than whether Jesus was married. (It's common to be married to your work) at least in my case. Can you say over the road car hauler..I'm no saint and realized that I need to get my ass covered if I want to be on side that gets through the Gates of Heaven. Remember it is a very narrow road.

A very interesting website with alot research can be found here www.fatimamovement.com.

May the Peace of God Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary Be With you.

edit on 21-8-2011 by relocator because: corrected grammer

edit on 21-8-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
First, if we are to be as scholars, let us start with his true name: "Yeshua". There is in fact no evidence which would indicate that Yeshua Bar Yosef was married. Without trying to sway anyone to any belief, if we consider that Yeshua was truthful in His claim that He came to pay a price, and if He in fact knew that the payment would be with His own blood - then why would He marry? Why create a family which He would shortly leave?

I am a scholar. And in some way, I guess, I have been blessed with the ability to dedicate the rest of my life to the field of research and science. As a researcher I need evidence to examine. Where is the evidence? He said, she said, and I heard somewhere does not cut it. I have read the writings of historians who lived about the time of Yeshua Bar Yosef, who were not followers of His teachings, and they do not describe Him as a married person. As-a-matter-of-fact, it seems Yeshua made quite an impression on many non-believers, and they wrote their impressions down. I would say, "Produce the marriage license".
edit on 27-8-2011 by Yochuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Well said Ed. You have stated my beliefs exactly. The church is the one and only bride of Christ.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I seem to remember a book entitled, The Seven Hills of Rome, (may well have been another book i was reading at the time), which mentioned, and quoted the incident where, the apostles, Jesus and (a) Mary, enter a small temple. At the entrance of this temple is an antechamber which is utilised for the Wife of a Husband entering therein. The story, as i remember it, specifically says that Mary stayed in this antechamber after Jesus had entered. The apostles had already entered, and Jesus was the last. This kind of clinched it for me...in relation to this post.
Parts of this book (which many say makes no sense) actually make alot of sense, if you read it without presumption.
The inference in this seemingly innocent and not very well 'hidden' detail (amongst others), suggests that Mary&Jesus were man & wife...married...
...or, whoever wrote this account, chose, for some reason, to include a significant point of religious law, in a fairly, one would say, commonplace occurence?!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
All Christians need to see how the Mary Magdalene Dan Brown deception plays into the end times deception.

THE MEROVINGIAN DYNASTY
SATANIC BLOODLINE OF THE ANTICHRIST & FALSE PROPHET

THOMAS PLANTARD DE SAINT-CLAIR

The Grand Master of the Prieuré de Sion since 1989 has been Thomas Plantard de Saint-Clair. According to Holy Blood, Holy Grail, Thomas is the son of the former Grand Master, the late Pierre Plantard de Saint-Clair. The following announcement of Thomas' election as Grand Master was published in the internal bulletin of the Prieuré de Sion in 1989, and only recently posted on the Internet.

watch.pair.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godselect777
All Christians need to see how the Mary Magdalene Dan Brown deception plays into the end times deception.

THE MEROVINGIAN DYNASTY

THOMAS PLANTARD DE SAINT-CLAIR

The Grand Master of the Prieuré de Sion since 1989 has been Thomas Plantard de Saint-Clair. According to Holy Blood, Holy Grail, Thomas is the son of the former Grand Master, the late Pierre Plantard de Saint-Clair. The following announcement of Thomas' election as Grand Master was published in the internal bulletin of the Prieuré de Sion in 1989, and only recently posted on the Internet.

watch.pair.com...
This link takes you to the second part of a very long report. The first part of the report talks about how the Jews infiltrate and take over the Catholic Church. That is funny. The television networks should make sitcoms from that dribble.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
People cannot comprehend that the Davdic lineage is still around to this day. That freaks people out.

And here we may find why Jesus didnt have or couldnt have had children by a woman in the natural way. He was called the "Branch" the word means sprout off the tree of the Davidic line. Had His line, given He would have had to have children, been intended to become a royal line it would have been refered to as a "root"...a new tree.

As it is Jesus in the flesh as a man is linked to the root of David.....and there is an end to His realtionshipt to the Davidic line. He did however establish a spiritual order of which its children are not born after the flesh or any earthly family but after faith and a sptitual order. Jesus did refer to a tree grown from the small seed of faith that grew into a large tree and all the people of the world would like birds so to speak would rest in it. But this is a spiritual tree not any tree that grew out of his relationship with the Davidic line.

Christ as a "shoot" of a "sprout" off the tree is seen in Arons Rod that sprouted. So even as a "twig" it is the sprout long looked for and then the penultimate and needs no successior or offspring out of his own reproduction in the flesh considering now that He is a living high priest and there is no one to look for after Him. Also consider that the rod was dead when it sprouted.....so in effect and the meaning is that His earthly line if there was ever to be one ended there at His death, the branch was dead, the branch from off the tree of the House of David was dead....but in Him, not in any earthly seed, was brought back to life.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godselect777

THE MEROVINGIAN DYNASTY

watch.pair.com...

Yea, a big problem with Christ having children is that they wouldnt have been subject to death passing to all men throught Adam. Considering that Christ was sinless and not sired by a man any physical children He would have had would have not been subject to the curse of death even if He had them before He was resurected into a spiritual body and certainly after the fact. Based on the known theology of the transference of sin and death from Adam does anyone care to explain how Christ could have sired children with the sin nature and subject to natural curse of death?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join