It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wives of Jesus - a.k.a 'There's Something About Mary'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

well I'll be damned. I made that first comment before I saw this one. Jesus may have actually been gay? that is wild .... but to me it surely is believable. I've never heard that allegation / statement before. you gave me something new to read up on. I was born & raised roman catholic. 12 hellacious years of that stuff although the non-religious education wasn't half bad. I knew from the time I was a little kid in the church that something was not right with what they were saying /shoveling at us. it just never felt right. maybe some guardian angel was telling me "don't pay attention to the the bull". and my parents knew enough to never let us put any serious blind faith in our clergy. I guess they felt things werent quite right as well. man, the Vatican & the popes sure efffed things up, didnt they? Jesus gay? man, what a thought to start my day with ................ you got my brain churning now ......

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Could Jesus have been gay? It would explain a lot.

Leonardo seems to have thought he was, but then Leonardo was gay too.

Jesus was absolutely not homosexual.

Christianity (and all religions) are invented by avian-reptile invaders who hate human heterosexuality and are plotting to introduce an already genetically engineered hermaphrodite which has a triple-X DNA - XXX. They lied about Jesus' interest in women. The three crosses where Jesus was murdered by these reptiles - the very same people who today lie when they say Jesus represents them i.e. Vatican and others - are symbolic of this agenda.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Trafalgar1805 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by Trafalgar1805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You guys should check this out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
People cannot comprehend that the Davdic lineage is still around to this day. That freaks people out.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Lot of good information, I am a christian but I do not not consider the Bible to be the WORD of God. After all to treat an object as the absolute word of God would be to worship it as an idol.

It was constructed by people who added and removed parts in order to suit their own ideologies, and many books are actually a combination of various texts, like Daniel which has both first person narratives, and inaccurate historical information used to fill in the blanks from a 3rd person perspective.

As to whether Jesus was married to Mary, or even John, who really cares. He was sent to teach love, and would need to understand all manner of love to preach effectively.

As for a davidic bloodline (illuminati style) descended from Jesus, again it's irrelevant because blood does not carry some mystical power - still I'm hopeful

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Both of your statements are not likely. Paul never said anything that would lead to such a conclusion. Jesus did not live a life reflective of being married. Each of the disciples is a symbol for what they represent. Peter was the church (the rock) that would be rolled away. John was the most beloved. The word used is agape which is the love that is shown from God to people. This is the divine love described in 1 Corinthians 13. This is your first indication of the relationship with all the disciples.

Philo and Josephus both mention that there were many unmarried men in Jesus day. John the Baptist and Jesus were likely members of the Essenes.

Philo, Hypothetica 11.14-17

Again, perceiving with more than ordinary acuteness and accuracy, what is alone or at least above all other things calculated to dissolve such associations, they repudiate marriage; and at the same time they practise continence in an eminent degree; for no one of the Essenes ever marries a wife . . . . This now is the enviable system of life of these Essenes, so that not only private individuals but even mighty kings, admiring the men, venerate their sect, and increase their dignity and majesty in a still higher degree by their approbation and by the honours which they confer on them.

Josephus, Jewish War, 2.8.2

These Essenes reject pleasures as an evil, but esteem continence, and the conquest over our passions, to be virtue. They neglect wedlock, but choose out other persons’ children, while they are pliable, and fit for learning, and esteem them to be of their kindred, and form them according to their own manners. They do not absolutely deny the fitness of marriage, and the succession of mankind thereby continued; but they guard against the lascivious behavior of women, and are persuaded that none of them preserve their fidelity to one man.

Josephus, Antiquities 18.1.5

It also deserves our admiration, how much [the Essenes] exceed all other men that addict themselves to virtue, and this in righteousness; and indeed to such a degree, that as it hath never appeared among any other men, neither Greeks nor barbarians, no, not for a little time, so hath it endured a long while among them. This is demonstrated by that institution of theirs, which will not suffer any thing to hinder them from having all things in common; so that a rich man enjoys no more of his own wealth than he who hath nothing at all. There are about four thousand men that live in this way, and neither marry wives, nor are desirous to keep servants; as thinking the latter tempts men to be unjust, and the former gives the handle to domestic quarrels; but as they live by themselves, they minister one to another.

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Jesus’ reported statement in Matthew 19:12 can just as well be read as an offer of comfort to eunuchs and others who are sexually dysfunctional. Jesus is merely pointing out that not everyone can be heterosexually active, as Jewish society encouraged everyone to be, and that it’s okay not to play if you can’t, or don’t feel like it.

Paul, like most religious fanatics, passionately hated and feared sex. His famous assertion that it is better to marry than to burn clearly displays his prejudices in that line.

edit on 15/8/11 by Astyanax because: brevity is the vice of spit.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
please don't make things up with no evidence...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by contradictory
Lot of good information, I am a christian but I do not not consider the Bible to be the WORD of God. After all to treat an object as the absolute word of God would be to worship it as an idol.

It was constructed by people who added and removed parts in order to suit their own ideologies, and many books are actually a combination of various texts, like Daniel which has both first person narratives, and inaccurate historical information used to fill in the blanks from a 3rd person perspective.

As to whether Jesus was married to Mary, or even John, who really cares. He was sent to teach love, and would need to understand all manner of love to preach effectively.

As for a davidic bloodline (illuminati style) descended from Jesus, again it's irrelevant because blood does not carry some mystical power - still I'm hopeful

You don't seem christian imo.

see the law of excluded middle

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Jesus is the Word of God and the fulfillment of the written word. The Bible is the reflection of this word to men from God. Both man and God are in the image so you will notice the image of each. Depending on your perspective, contradiction seems to be there. Rightly dividing truth requires Hellil's Seven Rules. All contradictions can be resolved and are only missing the excluded middle perspective. As far as scribal errors and other obvious mistakes of translation, the word in the Bible accurately reflects the message and information it relates form the history of God's interaction with man. As we look at the image it reflects, it reveals truth to our minds. The truth it reveals is the message and not the words it contains. The layers of the onion are not the foundation of the word of God. Jesus is the foundation and the written word is the pretext to the truth at the core.

What you see in the reflection will depend on what you see in the image. A mirror cannot reflect itself. If you see man in the book, then you are seeing the corrupt image of yourself. If you see God in the image, then you are looking past your own image and pride to see God. This is the work of the flaming sword and consuming fire in Genesis 3.

LINK

Originally posted by contradictory

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
People cannot comprehend that the Davdic lineage is still around to this day. That freaks people out.

Yes this is true.What doe's that have to do with Christ?Christ,David and Judah,is the greatest deception ever told! In who's territory was Jesu(Jerusalem)?Who was the first King and why does Christ say and the first shall be the last! What does Shilo have to do with Christ's return? What does Shilo have to do with Benjamin.The Lord favours Benjamin and shall dwell between his shoulders(sound like the light like a dove at the baptisim to you?).
Christ was a Benjamite.

Yes David's line is alive and well,and they own the printing press.Was this not the line responsible for God's departure?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Ya its pretty hard to believe a man with such a following died a virgin...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Jesus is the Word of God and the fulfillment of the written word. The Bible is the reflection of this word to men from God. Both man and God are in the image so you will notice the image of each. Depending on your perspective, contradiction seems to be there. Rightly dividing truth requires Hellil's Seven Rules. All contradictions can be resolved and are only missing the excluded middle perspective. As far as scribal errors and other obvious mistakes of translation, the word in the Bible accurately reflects the message and information it relates form the history of God's interaction with man. As we look at the image it reflects, it reveals truth to our minds. The truth it reveals is the message and not the words it contains. The layers of the onion are not the foundation of the word of God. Jesus is the foundation and the written word is the pretext to the truth at the core.

What you see in the reflection will depend on what you see in the image. A mirror cannot reflect itself. If you see man in the book, then you are seeing the corrupt image of yourself. If you see God in the image, then you are looking past your own image and pride to see God. This is the work of the flaming sword and consuming fire in Genesis 3.

LINK

I agree absolutely that Jesus is the Word of God, and certainly God's words and Jesus' are in the Bible, I simply do not accept what I read without question.

As for the mirror, it is also true that seeing corruption in the Bible may be a reflection of a person's own sins, but if you look past the reflection, then how can you recognise that you are sinful. You cannot be cleansed in a single prayer as many seem to believe, but it is the constant struggle to defy the sinful nature in us all that brings us to God.

A little off topic so to clarify I do not believe Jesus was married, I simply don't think it matters in the end, and I am definitely crazy.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by Jordan River

Yes this is true.What doe's that have to do with Christ?Christ,David and Judah,is the greatest deception ever told! In who's territory was Jesu(Jerusalem)?Who was the first King and why does Christ say and the first shall be the last! What does Shilo have to do with Christ's return? What does Shilo have to do with Benjamin.The Lord favours Benjamin and shall dwell between his shoulders(sound like the light like a dove at the baptisim to you?).
Christ was a Benjamite.

Yes David's line is alive and well,and they own the printing press.Was this not the line responsible for God's departure?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Jesus and Paul considered celibacy as a higher spiritual state than marriage for a person devoted to service. Jesus bride is the church. Since he cannot commit adultery, marriage would be out of the question until the end of the age. The marriage supper of the lamb is a picture of Jewish marriage where the husband departs to build the home. The bride does not know the hour of his return, only the season. In Hebrew root morphology, the root of maiden also makes up the words horizon, eternity, secret and hidden.

The bride gazes out the window at the horizon looking as far as she can. Eternity is hidden in the haze. The return of the husband is a secret. So, as for Jesus being married, I say it is not possible.

John 14:2

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

edit on 14-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Well, I say it is possible and more than likely so. He met Mary(She in particular) at the well for a reason. I don't know, if there was a Jesus, but I think there was someone comparable to him and the events laid out in the New Testament. Noone ever asks whose wedding was it where Jesus turned the water to wine. Why would his own mother insist he do it?

What is so holy about celibacy? Look at the repurcussion within many churches. It's not a normal state of being, because we are sensual beings first and foremost.

No where in the New Testament does Jesus exclaim celibacy to be a higher state. It certainly won't take you there and hasn't from what I've seen within organized, religious institutions. I think he was HOT for Mary. He kissed her on the mouth!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
AND Jesus bride is most certainly NOT the church. I can definitely attest to that. HE in fact is the bride. It's a higher state of consciousness and WOW is there a sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I haven't read this entire thread so I apologize if I repeat something that someone has already shared.

Back in the times of the NT, the tradition was the groom would serve wine at his wedding. In the Bible where Jesus is not only serving but making wine at a wedding, some believe that it was indeed His very own wedding.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
I have read that when Jesus was 13 (the age Jews of the time traditionally got married), he left home, making his way to India / the mountains of Tibet where he attained enlightenment. Thus the 'missing years'

Personally, I think that if there really was a Jesus, he didn't need to travel all the way to India and Tibet to become enlightened. As an Egyptian Jew and esoteric scholar, he likely had access to the various texts brought from the East and contained in the Library of Alexandria as it existed at the time. Jesus's main focus of study, however, as evidenced by what he and his disciples apparently did for a living, was Solomon's work in sorcery and demon casting. He would have been particularly interested in the Buddha's dealings with the demon, Mara, who tempted the Buddha in a similar way that Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Paul never said anything that would lead to such a conclusion.

1 Corinthians 6:18. 1 Corinthians 7: all of it, including the passages earlier quoted by you. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 Romans 1:24-29. His horror of the flesh is almost palpable.

I didn’t suggest Jesus was married. I suggested he might be gay. As for the Essenes, their unconventional insistence on celibacy set them at odds with Jewish custom, which was that all should marry. Doubtless their communities sheltered many homosexuals, just as monastic communities of different faiths still do in conservative societies.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

What is so holy about celibacy?

Exactly

If God exists, He must have invented sex.

edit on 16/8/11 by Astyanax because: of brevity.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Great thread. I too have always have investigated into the actual historical Jesus. There is so much information out there with new evidence being brought to light continuously.
Thanks for the information S&F!
Tom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join