It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What (ifs) In The spirit of Marvel Comics, for Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So interesting enough, we are on the precipice of shutting down the corporate big gubment.

I haven't feigned ignorance, or denied it. But what itches me, is this...

Ron Paul's policies (which I support) could plunge the world's economy into the toilet. The abolition of the fed and IRS, as the way things stand will tank every sympathetic central bank across the globe possibly leading to a greatest depression we will ever see.

Am I wrong?

What would we do to prevent it?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes you are wrong. Just the opposite in fact. Government spending less means more money and better fiscal responsibility. Better fiscal responsibility means more confidence. More confidence mean stronger markets. stronger markets means more investment and the banks ( even non-US banks) make out like a bandit. Sorry I just disagree. His plans will not only make a stronger US but stronger nations around the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul would never be able to get rid of the IRS. The major thing Paul would be able to get done are ending the wars in the Middle East and stop providing aid to countries that don't need it.

Every other idea of his would not get through Congress.

IMHO, the major reason for our economic problems comes from the terrible foreign policy of Bush and Obama. They waste trillions of dollars on these wars and we the people of America gain nothing.

Paul would be a great president because he would be focusing on just a few core issues. Mainly ending wars and getting rid of the Fed. Historically speaking, when presidents have only have a few goals they are capable of getting it done and are generally regarded as one of the better presidents. Take Polk for example. He wanted to accomplish only 4 things while president: lower tariffs, establish an independent treasury, acquire Oregon, and acquire California. Polk was capable of getting every single one of these done and is regarded as one of the best presidents.

Paul's main goals:
1. End Wars
2. End the Fed
3. End foreign aid to other countries when our own country needs the help
4.???

I'm not quite sure what his fourth major goal would be.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hippo45

www.ronpaul2012.com...

Some more about his positions.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't think it would affect other countries as much as you think however he will never get Congress to agree to do it so it's kind of a mute point.

Who is going to collect taxes if you abolish the I.R.S. and who will go after people who cheat on taxes? I don't know enough about the Fed to really comment on that but apparantly if that goes away it wouldn't hurt anything from what people say here.

Still getting his ideas through Congress will be very tough. He would have to directly appeal to the voters to have any hope of doing that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I don't think it would affect other countries as much as you think however he will never get Congress to agree to do it so it's kind of a mute point.

Who is going to collect taxes if you abolish the I.R.S. and who will go after people who cheat on taxes? I don't know enough about the Fed to really comment on that but apparantly if that goes away it wouldn't hurt anything from what people say here.

Still getting his ideas through Congress will be very tough. He would have to directly appeal to the voters to have any hope of doing that.

His appeal is to the voters, practically no-one in congress wants him to rock the boat. It would mean the end of the bloated lobbyist driven pay-offs.

we would have the treasury to collect taxes, as they did in the old days.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Your Title to the OP is confusing.

I was about to recommend that ATS member "Mr Mask" do a Ron Paul Comic book
like his ATS ones.

Getting that over the internet would probably get quite a few on Ron's side
and into the voting booths.

top topics

join