It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan lets China see US helicopter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by JennaDarling

Oh yes, the stealth fighters being grounded? The grounded stealth fighters are still in development, and not operational as of late. The F-22 and the F-35 are not ready for deployment yet. They could have been grounded for a myriad of reasons, but that does not make them any less efficient when the kinks are worked out of them. It takes time to phase in technology. Trials and tribulations are bound to arise. Still, the technology is crucial to National Defense, and force projection. Why do you think China or the Russians are going out of their way to develop it?

The technology is not infallible, and yes it can be defeated with tactics. However, the current track recorded for such technology with the current assets in the United State's arsenal has been impeccable. That is fact. If I recall only one such aircraft was lost in the Balkans. It was attributed to good tactics by the Yugoslav Army. However, with that being mentioned, their operational record speaks for itself. Look it up, and you will see. The advantage remains as strong as ever, because the Russians and the Chinese are scrambling to develop operational stealth technology. How long that will last remains to be seen, but at present the US owns the skies. That is fact.

Yes you do, but at what cost? It has bankrupted you all, it is not sustainable, it has also made you the number 1 target in the world, may aswell paint a bullseye on your backs.

China has the means to catch up, not just in military, but in every day life, they are building infrastructure around the country like nobody can, just as the middle east is pumping their oil money into their countries future, as they know it will change one day, they are planning to move to the next phase like they should once the existing way dries up whether it be oil, manufacturing cheap labour or what not.

Technology can only go so far without friends and a stable way of funding it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Well, the US came into their country with out asking, they have a right to do what ever they want with the equipment.

I think the technical term is "FINDERS KEEPERS"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well, seeing as most of that you can't really prove aside from the accidental killing of civilians and allies. I think you're still missing the point. It doesn't matter which country you look at they all spy on each other, they all slander each other and use propaganda to achieve their goal. Regular people are no different it just goes by a different word called MANIPULATION! I know you have only been here since July but if there is one piece of advice I can give to you it's try to read more up on what you're commenting on before saying and only speak when your posts can contribute to the conversation that is posted.

On Topic, Pakistan has been given a ton of aid over the years and continue to get handouts from the U.S. (along with many other countries). I'm sure we get some kickbacks but for them to share this technology knowing full well that the U.S. is going be hurt by it in some way then the Pakistani government has been long bought by the Chinese and we should be very careful about what we say to them, pull our forces that are there helping secure the border and stop selling arms to them along with giving money like we've been doing over the past 15 years.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising

Well, seeing as most of that you can't really prove aside from the accidental killing of civilians and allies. I think you're still missing the point. It doesn't matter which country you look at they all spy on each other, they all slander each other and use propaganda to achieve their goal. Regular people are no different it just goes by a different word called MANIPULATION! I know you have only been here since July but if there is one piece of advice I can give to you it's try to read more up on what you're commenting on before saying and only speak when your posts can contribute to the conversation that is posted.

On Topic, Pakistan has been given a ton of aid over the years and continue to get handouts from the U.S. (along with many other countries). I'm sure we get some kickbacks but for them to share this technology knowing full well that the U.S. is going be hurt by it in some way then the Pakistani government has been long bought by the Chinese and we should be very careful about what we say to them, pull our forces that are there helping secure the border and stop selling arms to them along with giving money like we've been doing over the past 15 years.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it, is it that hard or too mentally challenging?

It seems China is becoming more and more friendly and becoming allies that used to be under Americas claws.

As americans always say, adapt or die. Change or move on.

America is running out of friends , at a faster rate nowdays, they basically try to hold onto their current allies by various means, but more and more they are walking away, look at Libya, more and more are leaving.

Eventually the bullied fights back or better, just walks away, eventually a volcano runs out of steam too.

reminds me of the old Microsoft ploy, big bull turns into a bear, nobody is scared of microsoft nowdays really, not like the 80/90s.

edit on 14-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Glados, try reading more, the U.S. was in contact with the PM over in Pakistan for a day or two prior to doing it. The Pakistani government came out and supported the tactic so there is no way it was without permission. They would have had a coronary if they didn't know about it. The notice was extremely short I'm' sure so in that respect they did not give them enough time to really consider the repercussions however in the past attempts to work WITH the Pakistani government have proven to be non-productive because the person they were after got away scott free. This is assuming the person that the U.S. government killed truly was Osama. I think there is so much more to this story then the world public is being told about so everything is just speculation utilizing the facts that they DO allow us to see.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
JennaDarling....although your tone comes across as a little abusive.....you make some solid points.

Stealth technology is old hat to the US. In the wrong hands, lets just say China, what advantage does that give them over another country like India? Now don't run with my comment of "wrong hands" and say something bad about the US.

On the job front, China is a glorified store front for every country in the world. We exploit their workforce to make cheap, average quality stuff. Every country is there. Not just the US. It doesn't surprise me one bit that folks in your company are going to China to work.

As for debt, the US debt to China isn't the problem. It's not a problem for the US anyway.

Conquest of the world has been going on for a very very very long time. What makes anyone think the goal has changed?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
To put it in perspective, America is the new kid on the block on the Planet Earth yet they want to run the show.

America is only a few hundred years old.
That is the age of some buildings in Europe..
Even older buildings in the Middle East.
China is thousands of years old.

edit on 14-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Jakes51

Oh yes, the stealth fighters being grounded? The grounded stealth fighters are still in development, and not operational as of late. The F-22 and the F-35 are not ready for deployment yet. They could have been grounded for a myriad of reasons, but that does not make them any less efficient when the kinks are worked out of them. It takes time to phase in technology. Trials and tribulations are bound to arise. Still, the technology is crucial to National Defense, and force projection. Why do you think China or the Russians are going out of their way to develop it?

The technology is not infallible, and yes it can be defeated with tactics. However, the current track recorded for such technology with the current assets in the United State's arsenal has been impeccable. That is fact. If I recall only one such aircraft was lost in the Balkans. It was attributed to good tactics by the Yugoslav Army. However, with that being mentioned, their operational record speaks for itself. Look it up, and you will see. The advantage remains as strong as ever, because the Russians and the Chinese are scrambling to develop operational stealth technology. How long that will last remains to be seen, but at present the US owns the skies. That is fact.

Yes you do, but at what cost? It has bankrupted you all, it is not sustainable, it has also made you the number 1 target in the world, may aswell paint a bullseye on your backs.

China has the means to catch up, not just in military, but in every day life, they are building infrastructure around the country like nobody can, just as the middle east is pumping their oil money into their countries future, as they know it will change one day, they are planning to move to the next phase like they should once the existing way dries up whether it be oil, manufacturing cheap labour or what not.

Technology can only go so far without friends and a stable way of funding it.

How has making innovations in military technology make the US the enemy of the world? I see it otherwise. Maybe the its the US the envy of the world? Now, I think you are claiming defense spending is the sole cause of the current fiscal impairment being felt by the US? That is some of it, but not entirely. There is a long laundry lists of potential causing, and it is not one particular cause but a series. Instead of going through them here, and derailing the thread. Take gander at the numerous threads chronicling the US's apparent descent from economic dominance. As for the bulls-eye you mentioned? That has a whole myriad of reasons as well. When a nation is the lone super power it is bound to gather criticism and competition, and that is not a relative new phenomenon. It goes back to ancient times. Governments as well as empires rise and fall.

As for China having the means to catch up with the US? That goes without saying, and the writing is on wall. Most people accept that notion. They have come a long way in the past thirty years, and have become quite savvy in the arena of international politics and economics. However, China has issues of its own to contend with as well. There is a whole myriad of reasons as well, although the Chinese are not as forthright about their failures as others. A brief description of some of their potential shortfalls include, having an ever growing populace to house and feed, a burgeoning middle class to keep happy, massive environmental degradation to contend with, and other ills. No nation is without faults or vulnerabilities. China is definitely making moves to contend with the United States, and that is clear as day. Still, they are not as dominant as people claim them to be. They have issues of their own to contend with.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

link   
We have a drone capable of mach 22. I doubt the U.S. is really worried about their little stealth helicopter toy getting into Chinese hands. Also, we did enter Pakistan without permission, and as it was stated before, finders keepers.

link   
This news does not suprise me in the least. What does suprise me is that we haven't just sold them the technology. During the 90's, the Clintons found a way to sell pretty much all of our military technology to China.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
IMHO an allie that goes against another allies wishes is not a good thing. Especially when the allie is supposedly working with the other but behind closed doors are working against them. Even more it's more disturbing when an allie gives away vital intelligence, which could turn into a security risk, when asked not to. To top it off, as someone already had mentioned, we feed Pakistan millions in aid every year. I feel that money, which is probably used to work against us, could be used to help boost the economy in the states, especially when the states are on the verge of chaos. IMHO you should take care of your family first.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Why shouldn't China see it , they own it

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Why shouldn't China see it , they own it

LOL!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Seems the Pakis are playing a dangerous game. Surely they realize they could be next and playing both sides of the fence just might come back to haunt them. Ah well, only time will tell, maybe they did it without Obamas knowledge, maybe he did give them permission, we'll never know, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those Americans critcising Pakistan's actions have more neck than ET on a giraffe.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That speaks volumes about the rest of the world and China as far as development goes.

Not sure that was your intention though.
edit on 14-8-2011 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

That speaks volumes about the rest of the world and China as far as development goes.

Not sure that was your intention though.
edit on 14-8-2011 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

It is like a marathon..
If you sprint, you burn out
If you pace yourself, you will finish it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

JennaDarling, I've read many of your posts and they seem to be pretty linear in the sense that everything that comes out of your mouth is off topic and U.S. Bashing. Please get real and realize that regardless of whose chopper it was it went down and Pakistan is supposed to be an ally. Clearly Pakistan is two faced and sharing information with an economic competitor to the U.S. It's bad because it's quite obvious that China wants to become a military equal to the U.S. It's also very troublesome because if you think that U.S. is bad as far as bullying and human rights etc just wait until the Chinese are the military and economic powerhouse. At that point we're all in trouble.

America funds many external projects, gives food, aid (military and economic), as well as openly engage in normal trade with many countries and you sit here and defame them because of a few bad apples. We're not all arrogant, potbellied, lazy pricks bent on destroying the world.

It was shameful for Pakistan to share the technology that we let them hold in good faith to the American people. We should pull all funding from Pakistan and see how quickly they run to other countries for aid.

Sometimes isolationism can be a good thing, depends on the world atmosphere.

Correct me if I am wrong but was not Iraq an ally of the US at one time?
I think it is almost more dangerous to be an ally than an enemy......You can't dictate to an enemy but you sure can bully an ally to do your bidding.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 14-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

JennaDarling, I've read many of your posts and they seem to be pretty linear in the sense that everything that comes out of your mouth is off topic and U.S. Bashing. Please get real and realize that regardless of whose chopper it was it went down and Pakistan is supposed to be an ally. Clearly Pakistan is two faced and sharing information with an economic competitor to the U.S. It's bad because it's quite obvious that China wants to become a military equal to the U.S. It's also very troublesome because if you think that U.S. is bad as far as bullying and human rights etc just wait until the Chinese are the military and economic powerhouse. At that point we're all in trouble.

America funds many external projects, gives food, aid (military and economic), as well as openly engage in normal trade with many countries and you sit here and defame them because of a few bad apples. We're not all arrogant, potbellied, lazy pricks bent on destroying the world.

It was shameful for Pakistan to share the technology that we let them hold in good faith to the American people. We should pull all funding from Pakistan and see how quickly they run to other countries for aid.

Sometimes isolationism can be a good thing, depends on the world atmosphere.

Correct me if I am wrong but was not Iraq an ally of the US at one time?
I think it is almost more dangerous to be an ally than an enemy......You can't dictate to an enemy but you sure can bully an ally to do your bidding.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 14-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

America reminds me of Darth Vader and the dark side.

"I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter it further".

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Lmao

Well played by pakistan.

The US chooses to give them money instead of investing it in the people at home.

The US gov. will have to take that one on the chin. They've been heading towards conflict with pakistan for awhile now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join