It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan lets China see US helicopter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Pakistan lets China see US helicopter

www.ft.com

"Pakistan gave China access to 'stealth' chopper involved in bin Laden raid, despite CIA objections"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 8/14/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You have to be a member of the site to view the article but it was just featured on Breaking News.com so I'd say that it's pretty official. Is anybody in here by chance subscribed to the site in question?

Anyways, I'm not all that surprised to be honest. When the incident happened I knew China would be all over that and would want to replicate whatever the U.S. did to their choppers I'm just surprised it's taken this long for it to be confirmed.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good, that's called Balance of Power.

Too many times that balance has been tipped in America's war mongering side.

US is attacking inside Pakistan and probably via other economic and political ways as they usually do as bullies.

What do you expect? Ofcourse they give it to China.

edit on 14-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's like it's a contest between two childish litle boys and who has the biggest penis.
Or who can aim further up the wall.
edit on 14/8/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sounds liek there trying to steal or improve on technology... sounds like there trying to make an improved version or something

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here is another article from Reuters to add access to the story since your source is only for registered users.

Pakistan let China see "stealth" chopper from bin Laden raid

Pakistan gave China access to the previously unknown "stealth" helicopter that crashed during the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May despite explicit requests from the CIA not to, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.

This should not surprise anyone, and it is the typical Pakistani way of doing business. Play both sides against the middle. This overture is no doubt an attempt to gain Chinese support against India. Enemy of my enemy is my friend. Both countries have a rocky relationship with India. Both get something out of it, and the US is once again holding the bag. The US needs to have somewhat balanced relationship with Pakistan and that has to do with using Pakistani territory to transport supplies for the war in Afghanistan.

This is not surprising to me in the slightest, and it is an attempt to throw egg in the eye of the US after the secret entry into their country for the Bin Laden Operation. Plus, they get a new powerful friend to give them support against India, and more or less the US. My guess is the US will sit idle by this recent claim, because unfortunately their territory is needed for the war in Afghanistan. It would be unwise to embolden the Pakistani's any further, because it would almost quadruple the cost of the war if the US loses access to the supply through Pakistan. Afghanistan is a land locked country, and supplies would have to be airlifted into Afghanistan which would be much more costly and dangerous since the Taliban is getting better with downing helicopters. Just more mischief by the ISI.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Thanks for the link providing additional info. Like you, I too am not surprised at this one bit. Interesting times we live in, dangerous too if we fail to prevent the coming war(s).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
Good, that's called Balance of Power.

Too many times that balance has been tipped in America's war mongering side.

US is attacking inside Pakistan and probably via other economic and political ways as they usually do as bullies.

What do you expect? Ofcourse they give it to China.

With all due respect, I think what you have just said here is rubbish. I am sorry to be so blunt. However, you bring up Balance of Power? How do you figure? What do they need that for? The US and Pakistan both have nuclear weapons at its disposal and that is the great equalizer.

They are getting billions in funding from the US, military and intelligence training in counter terrorism, aide for natural disasters, weapons, and other incentives associated with the economic aide. Pakistan is playing dirty pool, and that is obvious! Tipping off insurgents in Afghanistan, and hampering apprehension operations of terrorists within Pakistani and with the permission by the Pakistani government. I am sorry but Pakistan is a den of vipers.

Now you mention the US entering Pakistani to conduct military operations and what not? Well, who is stirring up the Taliban in Afghanistan? My guess is the Pakistani Intelligence service. The door swings both ways on your argument. Now, about China? They a coddling China for an extra security blanket against India, and the US should the gravy lose its biscuit wheels. This technology is vital to US national defense, and if the Chinese want it they had ought develop themselves instead of resorting to espionage by proxy. Just my two-cents.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, the US came into their country with out asking, they have a right to do what ever they want with the equipment.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

That vital technology to defence that has been grounded? That vital technology to defence that ban be beaten by weather radar and ground SAM tactics?

I think people mistake how good Stealth technology is , it is not infailable, infact it can be defeated with tactics 101.

Sure it gives an "advantage", but that is all and even that advantage is being erroded away since the day it was publicly used and how long ago was that?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

No problem, and glad I could be of assistance. There is more brewing in that part of the world, and Afghanistan is only the beginning. All the major players are setting up shop in Central Asia, and sooner or later there will be a clash.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The combined intelligence of more than one billion people in China cannot match the US or the west in general. It's a fundamental flaw in their society whereby they breed their citizens into robots and wonder why none of them can think out of the box in a creative manner. China are forever doomed to be cheap, shameless rip off merchants. Not one original thought amongst them.

In the harsh light of day Hu Jintao must find it hard to take an honest look in the mirror and know he rules over a land of completely inept idiots who can only steal and copy... but then again, he's probably not capable of that cognitive thought himself.

IRM

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

thats a bit rich, considering the US 'pardoned Nazi scientists and brought them over to the US to carry on working on their projects. Without those scientists, as well as the hundreds of others from the occupied areas of Europe, America would not have had a chance in the space race, nor would the atom bomb have been developed by them.
The US was fortunate enough to have these scientists to enable them to gain a technological edge which they still have now.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
The combined intelligence of more than one billion people in China cannot match the US or the west in general. It's a fundamental flaw in their society whereby they breed their citizens into robots and wonder why none of them can think out of the box in a creative manner. China are forever doomed to be cheap, shameless rip off merchants. Not one original thought amongst them.

In the harsh light of day Hu Jintao must find it hard to take an honest look in the mirror and know he rules over a land of completely inept idiots who can only steal and copy... but then again, he's probably not capable of that cognitive thought himself.

IRM

Lol Wut?

You are huff puffing that China is robots, and they are not creative?

Some would argue Americans and Brits are some of biggest SHEEP in the world when it comes to being herded.

For not being smart, they sure sucked all the economy out of America eh.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

JennaDarling, I've read many of your posts and they seem to be pretty linear in the sense that everything that comes out of your mouth is off topic and U.S. Bashing. Please get real and realize that regardless of whose chopper it was it went down and Pakistan is supposed to be an ally. Clearly Pakistan is two faced and sharing information with an economic competitor to the U.S. It's bad because it's quite obvious that China wants to become a military equal to the U.S. It's also very troublesome because if you think that U.S. is bad as far as bullying and human rights etc just wait until the Chinese are the military and economic powerhouse. At that point we're all in trouble.

America funds many external projects, gives food, aid (military and economic), as well as openly engage in normal trade with many countries and you sit here and defame them because of a few bad apples. We're not all arrogant, potbellied, lazy pricks bent on destroying the world.

It was shameful for Pakistan to share the technology that we let them hold in good faith to the American people. We should pull all funding from Pakistan and see how quickly they run to other countries for aid.

Sometimes isolationism can be a good thing, depends on the world atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising

JennaDarling, I've read many of your posts and they seem to be pretty linear in the sense that everything that comes out of your mouth is off topic and U.S. Bashing. Please get real and realize that regardless of whose chopper it was it went down and Pakistan is supposed to be an ally. Clearly Pakistan is two faced and sharing information with an economic competitor to the U.S. It's bad because it's quite obvious that China wants to become a military equal to the U.S. It's also very troublesome because if you think that U.S. is bad as far as bullying and human rights etc just wait until the Chinese are the military and economic powerhouse. At that point we're all in trouble.

America funds many external projects, gives food, aid (military and economic), as well as openly engage in normal trade with many countries and you sit here and defame them because of a few bad apples. We're not all arrogant, potbellied, lazy pricks bent on destroying the world.

It was shameful for Pakistan to share the technology that we let them hold in good faith to the American people. We should pull all funding from Pakistan and see how quickly they run to other countries for aid.

Sometimes isolationism can be a good thing, depends on the world atmosphere.

And how many times has American fired on its own Allies?

How many times has America "manipulated" its Allies ? Missile Shield? Nato strikes?

Secret CIA rendition flights over NEUTRAL countries, America deceived them flying hostages over in planes, jeoperdising their neutrality.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Lol Wut?

Some would argue Americans and Brits are some of biggest SHEEP in the world when it comes to being herded.

... yet my point remains. It is what is it regardless of what you say or how you feel about it.

IRM

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Oh yes, the stealth fighters being grounded? The grounded stealth fighters are still in development, and not operational as of late. The F-22 and the F-35 are not ready for deployment yet. They could have been grounded for a myriad of reasons, but that does not make them any less efficient when the kinks are worked out of them. It takes time to phase in technology. Trials and tribulations are bound to arise. Still, the technology is crucial to National Defense, and force projection. Why do you think China or the Russians are going out of their way to develop it?

The technology is not infallible, and yes it can be defeated with tactics. However, the current track recorded for such technology with the current assets in the United State's arsenal has been impeccable. That is fact. If I recall only one such aircraft was lost in the Balkans. It was attributed to good tactics by the Yugoslav Army. However, with that being mentioned, their operational record speaks for itself. Look it up, and you will see. The advantage remains as strong as ever, because the Russians and the Chinese are scrambling to develop operational stealth technology. How long that will last remains to be seen, but at present the US owns the skies. That is fact.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Lol Wut?

... yet my point remains. It is what is it regardless of what you say or how you feel about it.

IRM

Yup, all those smart people are taking their ideas over to China (Thorium reactors, high speed trains etc) because China will make them, America wont or cannot because it is bankrupt, IT people, a lot of smart people are moving in drives over to China for work believe it or not, I have seen many people at companies I worked for, smart people, move to positions we have in China.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join