It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - We know nothing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well we do know somethings.
And you can learn about ET's through your own personal experiences, IE Astral Projection, meditation, abductions, spaceship sightings, etc.....
But we will never know anything 110% until they come and tell us face to face, or mind to mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They crashed here (roswell)
I think something like 90% ufo sightings r just government / the other 1's r them.
They had a mothership over phoenix years back.
Slowly but surely we the pubic will get our "evidence" just a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm not trying to disprove personal experiences to those who have legitimately had an abduction (which I have yet to read here on ATS), just pointing out that we don't have facts. A personal experience is just that, a personal experience.

Share experiences all you want. The fact of the matter is, it's not going to be a fact to the rest of us. We didn't experience it so how could anyone see it as anything more than a personal experience? How do I know they aren't lying? Because they swore to it?

I'm pretty convinced there is something out there. And even if I read hundreds of personal aboductions stories, I still won't know because it did not happen to me. Truths are different to each one of us.

My post was directed more towards those self proclaimed experts. Not those who have personal accounts.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AtleeElmont

You sound like Sgt. Shultz- of Hogans Heroes- "I know nothing....nothing"- too- "We know nothing." Meanwhile, the ET's are invading our Earth,[somewhat peaceably of course,] like a fox that raids a chicken koop.

Is nothing sacred?

Some quotes from "Nothing is Sacred;" or The Concept of Nothing in Zen

"While in the West 'nothing' gains meaning only through the negation of something- is parasitic and derivative. In Eastern thought it is the experience of nothing that reveals the meaning of everything.

Though this nothing is something very real.

Non being...That renders possible the manifestation of beings as beings.

The exception of the West is found in mystics and certain existentialists; the understanding these thinkers have of nothingness is very much like the Zen understanding in many interesting ways."

edit on 14-8-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 14-8-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Instead of UFOs why not say over unity flying machines.
A weakly powered vehicle that goes 1000 miles per hour.
Even out flies jets and goes up to Space Stations.
Yes thats too hard to analyze.
Facts are not need here.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I personally know that I am not expert.....but....don't be so sure.....that there are not aliens from other planets.....right here on earth now.....and that maybe some of them may be members on ATS; don't be so sure that some of them don't look human.

This is the post I find most interesting in this thread aside from the OP, who I happen to agree with. It's important to always separate theory and fact.

Now, having pondered Caladonea's theory, I can imagine that the perfect way for aliens to communicate to humans without breaking any sort of prime directive(star trek theory), or universal law, or simply through deception, would be to communicate anonymously through the internet, or disguised as humans.

It does seem like deception plays a large role in the power structure here on earth. Hmmm.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You know, what's funny about threads like this, is it's so true. I thought you made your point very well, and I never thought for once you were insulting the ATS community.

I too find it amusing there are so many experts here, who know things as absolute fact about an extraterrestrial species, that possibly live hundreds of light years away.

It's a shame though. This thread will do well, everybody will agree with you ( well not everybody :duh
it will probably make the front page. Then a couple of hours will pass and everybody will forget and become experts again.

Good Post

s&f

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i'll say that we do know "some" things. I myself am not an avid believer but I keep an open mind to the possibilites due to what I have seen and experienced in the duration of my life on this planet. that fact alone guides my opinion in the abilities of other possible races on other worlds. my understanding is that the universe has been around far longer then we can imagine and in that time there could be more beings than stars essentially opening up a realm of space travel we could only dream. who is to say that one of these races doesn't randomly stumble upon our star system in that time?
or are currently en route, unknowing of our present position? since we can only imagine how WE would travel the universe, we leave out large portions of what is most likely possible and happening just as we are happening and broadening our horizons as we speak.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We do know something about UFO's ....from the accounts of former US pilots/astronauts and their experiences.

After this UFO landed at Edwards AFB Gordon Cooper flew the film to DC never to hear any mention of it afterwards. He also admits that the military has much to do with keeping us in the dark concerning the matter.

Other world govts. are not so secretive any longer.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I disagree with your statement. When trying to know about things unidentified and unknown by their very nature a certain amount of speculation, intuition, instinct is required. Things like documents, bondable civilian, government, and military testimonials, videos, photos, all point to patterns of truth that if nothing else justifies its worthiness as a field of study. As stated above something very strange is a foot or a loft in this case.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation

Wow.. Nine flags for somebody giving their opinion on something.

Aren't they like assholes, or something?

Do that include you,for giving your opinion on someone giving their opinion then forming an opinion that those that give the OP stars are arseholes.
Or you dont want any websites for people to aire their opinions, only yours?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

...the fact is...no one here knows anything about aliens. I'm not going to put anyone on the spot here because that's not what ATS is about as we are a community...but there are one too many people here who claim to be UFO experts, going as far as posting threads on alien races? alien technology descriptions? Even correcting people on things couldn't possibly know unless they sat down with a gray for a c

BRAVO!

This is the truth of the matter. Our government claims no interest.Our science rigorously ignores it. Our media ridicules eyewitnesses and drives the subject underground. There are no benchmarks, no standards, no expertise.

You can't claim to be an expert on a subject that is by all purposeful definition, an unknown.

This is exactly where this subject is meant to be and exactly why there are no government agencies or sciences dedicated to understanding a phenomena that has been with us since the dawn of memory.

S&F!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Right on fellow being!

Lets be nice children shall we.

Peace,Namaste

S&F
edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well said, my friend !
As much as I hate to admit it, I gotta say we, people who are not in the know, know nothing about it (that's why we call it Unidentified Flying Object, in the first place).
I like all the theories, and I also fancy most of them, too, but truth to be told, I doubt that in the end it (this whole UFO/ET conspiracy) would turn out dramatically.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtleeElmont
I'm an avid UFO aficionado and even though I don't post enough threads on ATS, I spend most of my time reading what all of you guys have to say about UFOs and the like.

I do have to say, the threads are a great form of entertainment, especially after reading so many posts from users who seem to know so so much about the alien/UFO world. It sure makes my imagination run

However...the fact is...no one here knows anything about aliens. I'm not going to put anyone on the spot here because that's not what ATS is about as we are a community...but there are one too many people here who claim to be UFO experts, going as far as posting threads on alien races? alien technology descriptions? Even correcting people on things couldn't possibly know unless they sat down with a gray for a cup of tea one afternoon. Even the "qualified sources" have nothing more than educated guesses..

I love everything I read here. It gives me great ideas, great theories, and it's overall a fun read. But when people start posting things as facts..that's when the milk turns sour. Lets remember these are theories and opinions. The last thing any one of us wants (I think) is to get corrected or told by someone else that their ideas are wrong. You dont know that, they don't know that so let's take a chill pill and enjoy the site for what it is. Conspiracies and theories.

Peace, guys!
Unfortuanatly your wrong listen to other countries coming clean telling them how aliens are real..do u believ everything you hear on cnn? i believe there are undeground aliens ,incase your forget about the alien starfate found in antarctica in 01 look it up.. so im sure teh governemnt made ufo in ancient times then huh? do some ancient research..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I've posted quite a few Alien/UFO topics because I do a lot of readng about it and consider myself a bit of an expert in this area. Well not expert, but i post about them because I a) know quite a bit in regards to them b) love discussing the associated issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtleeElmont
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm not trying to disprove personal experiences to those who have legitimately had an abduction (which I have yet to read here on ATS), just pointing out that we don't have facts. A personal experience is just that, a personal experience.

Share experiences all you want. The fact of the matter is, it's not going to be a fact to the rest of us. We didn't experience it so how could anyone see it as anything more than a personal experience? How do I know they aren't lying? Because they swore to it?

I'm pretty convinced there is something out there. And even if I read hundreds of personal aboductions stories, I still won't know because it did not happen to me. Truths are different to each one of us.

My post was directed more towards those self proclaimed experts. Not those who have personal accounts.

Fair enough, and I knew thats what you were ultimately trying to say.
Just wanted to snap your knuckles so to speak about the wording..

I am an expert at the claims personally...I know quite a bit about greys, nords, draconians(reptilians), etc...sort of like how some may know a bit about the ancient norse or egyptian gods...you can be quite updated on the knowledge base for the mythos, but yes, knowing much about that does not mean you know jack about the reality of things.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Did I say anywhere on my post that I do not believe in aliens? I don't think so.
Re-read the post, my friend. Old stone writings on stones isn't a fact that aliens existed.
For all we know, that just one more symbol added to an ancient civilization.

And trust the government?? That is the absolute LAST source I would want to ever
trust. And you, a fellow ATSer, should know governments do nothing but deceive and
cover up what most of us here believe to be true.

So the fact that the government is claiming that aliens are real is a frightening thought
and not something I would personally trust and consider to be true.

What you believe and what you trust and consider a reliable source is up to you,
I'm just here to remind everyone that nothing regarding aliens and UFOs are facts
and are 100% certain.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Anyone wanting to know the truth about the UFO's it is my suggestion that they read this:

The Truth Behind the UFO Phenomenon

Much can be learned in that link, all is not what it seems.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
To be fair to the original member who posted as means to start this thread, I think you are all being a bit too harsh and reactive.

I believe what was written was a comment that mirrors many opinions (including mine) that despite thousands of years worth of UFO inquiry, no-one (including members of ATS) have any more solid proof to completely explain the real phenomenon that some people experience. You have hypothesis and hunches, some interesting observations and a little data, but no REAL PROOF because aliens (if they do exist) have never come public and made an announcement that they are here.

If you do have evidence than I challenge you to present it. But I know you don't have it because what the original poster said was true.

But even so, why bother presenting it since most people believe in UFO's anyway?

That's worth saying despite the fact that people who follow UFO's don't want to hear it. For them UFO's exist and we are all being watched by an advanced alien society who placed us here (or so they think) and the government is an enemy because its not telling the truth about it.

They cannot conclude anything else nor want to debate it any further - they just want their governments to tell them they are right and then move on.

And if your governments were to actually say the following -

"Ah...folks....we have an announcement to make. You were right. We've been hiding this from you far too long. Aliens exist. We thought you should know. Have a nice day".

Do you think anyone would really care? And if you did care, then what? Go get a beer with a friend and feel good about your ego? Then what? Buy another UFO book or DVD? Nothing really would come of it because even if governments did say this no one would really care anyway.

People care more about getting a partner, managing their finances, going to the grocery store, buying their next house, financing a second mortgage, getting or keeping a job, managing their health, or just surviving day to day. No one would really take notice and the news highlights would die in a few weeks in favor of other worldly issues like war, famine, the world economy, and domestic issues at home and abroad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join