It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul missing from list of GOP 2012 candidates.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by Cuervo

Why will he never win? You realize it's because the MSM say that he will never win despite the numbers.

You're right he does very well in the polls, but even if he does win and becomes the president of the U.S -- what good can he do?

Well the number one reason I'm following him for now is his foreign policy. The President is the Commander In Chief. He will not need anybody's permission to withdraw our troops and shut down all foreign bases. So far him, Cynthia McKinney, and the Green Party are the only ones who have promised that.

Ron Paul is the only one running out of that group so far. If he did that one thing and nothing else, that would make him the best president we've had in ages.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
ATS isn't a Ron Paul fan site. but you guys could at least do this at his forums or something.

ATS has many different sub-forums. This particular forum is the "2012 U.S. Elections" forum and Ron Paul is a 2012 Presidential Candidate where talk about any presidential candidate is allowed, welcome, and will continue. There are also other political forums on ATS that will have Ron Paul threads, which is allowed, welcome, and will continue. What part of that do you not understand?

"I like Ron Paul, but I'm sick of his threads clogging up my recent posts list". You must not like him very much. Any other normal person would look past the threads they don't want to read to find the threads they do want to read, Ron Paul threads or not.

Wondering who gets paid to talk smack on a free and public forum...

"infesting the free-media for oppressive purposes 2012"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

so much for the pic. but i got a screen shot showing "Other" at 59% followed by Romney at 9%

s & f for pointing this glaring bias from US News

edit on 14-8-2011 by yoesse because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by yoesse because: trying to show pic

edit on 14-8-2011 by yoesse because: using text instead of jpg

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. Good to hear old Ron Paul is still changing minds, even enough to where they check "other" and write his name in. That right there was enough to put a smile across my face.

So what if Ron Paul gets elected and nothing gets done, at least it's a chance. I think Ron Paul is old and stubborn enough to not be corrupted. I don't think death threats would even scare the guy honestly.

I'll always vote for a chance, and last election, I saw a 0% chance of it, so I did not vote. This next year will be different however. I remember back when I was in school and we all got to vote for like a school newspaper thing. I asked my grandmother back then who to vote for, and I'll never forget the reason she told me to vote. She said to vote for Ron Paul because he will get her dog better dog food. lol. At least this time around, I will have a much, much better reason.

Also to the troll. Go away. You like Ron Paul, yet you continue to complain about having too many Ron Paul threads. Not only that, but you take the time to reply in those threads and complain, derailing the topic with replies debating you. Now how much sense does that make? I'd rather read a topic where replies involve the actual topic.
edit on 8/14/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
lol the poll backedfired on them... People probably read it and was like umm where is ron paul... other lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In your topic post you should include VOTE FOR OTHER

... but I understand that unlike certain MSM corporations, you like to keep your journalism fair and unbiased:

... so I'll do it instead:

VOTE FOR OTHER

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would normally be relatively upset by something like this, but I think it was worth it for the laugh factor of seeing the results of the 'other' row. Haha, that made my day.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This makes me think that the online Ron Paul community can dismantle polls on a coordinated effort as to show that we are awake and aware.

Hmmmm...interesting...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As an addendum, I came across this today.

They admit they are ignoring him because they feel he doesn't have a chance. I find this amazing. The guy came second in the Iowa Straw Poll, yet all we are hearing in the U.K is about Bachmann and Perry as being front runners.

The U.S Political system is a curious one!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am suprised yet not suprised by this. I am not suprised due to the record of media that has existed before this. I am suprised because it is so very blatant that even a child could recognize it. In the last election, they tried to exclude him and it worked. This time around it is not working so well.

Also, you should look at this link: firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

First Thoughts: And then there were threeAnd then there were three: Bachmann, Perry, and Romney… Obama begins his Midwest bus tour… RNC, Romney camp bracket Obama… Way to view Bachmann right now -- as a 12th seed that just reached the Sweet 16… Perry’s off to a strong start, but is there a bandwagon effect?... Two questions for Romney: 1) Does he play in Iowa? 2) Does he engage Perry?... Two reasons why Pawlenty didn’t take off… And Perry remains in Iowa, while Romney campaigns in New Hampshire.

This is just plain sad...
edit on 15-8-2011 by Tarius because: Added Link.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join