It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul missing from list of GOP 2012 candidates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have followed with interest the increasing support for Ron Paul to become the Republican Party Presidential candidate, but he has been omitted from a list of candidates in a U.S News Survey and has been included in Other.

Looking at the comments left by many, they are not particularly happy with the way U.S News has behaved on this one.

I find this rather surprising coming from the U.K, but I guess he has ruffled enough feathers within the banking and defence Industries.

www.usnews.com...

So, thoughts please ATSers form across the pond.

ETA:- Just clicked the results and other stands on 58%.

edit on 14/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I voted other since Dr. Ron Paul was not on the list. Look like I was not the only one. LOL I think Other is Ron Paul.

We are waking up.

9.66% Mitt Romney
5.09% Newt Gingrich
2.86% Mike Huckabee
4.61% Michele Bachmann
9.23% Sarah Palin
3.39% Tim Pawlenty
2.19% Mitch Daniels
0.39% Haley Barbour
1.07% Rick Santorum
3.13% Jon Huntsman
58.38% Other

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Posted: February 24, 2011

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This does not suprise me as the MSM is doing everything in its power to disregard and discredit Paul - especially as his popularity continues to increase. There is no way they can allow this guy to come to power. If he does, their reign of tyranny will come to an end.

Ironically enough, if you vote in the poll 58% voted for "Other". The next 2 highest were Romney and Palin each at 9%.

Someone should let these fools know that they are only exposing themselves and destroying their credibility. The jig is up and people are waking up. I'm looking forward to some real hope and change for a change.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Sure, but the poll is still open. Was RP not in the frame back then?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This was pulled in 2007 too. This is an al-out campaign to stop Ron Paul by the ruling elite.
So, are you going to heed the will of those that know what's best for you?
Me personally, I intend to raise as much hell as I know how.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I also support Dr. Paul.

Unfortunately, here comes the "He's Crazy" brigade.

Led by Rush Limbaugh and followed up by Fox news.

They say Ron Paul "Can't Win".

I say look at Obama....

Proof the "Sheeple" will elect just about anyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

No. Ron Paul didn't announce his candidacy for 2012 until May 13th, 2011.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

No. Ron Paul didn't announce his candidacy for 2012 until May 13th, 2011.

Okay thanks for that, so I assume that all the other candidates had thrown there hats in the ring, makes sense now.

Still, good to see other running away with the votes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sara Palin who is NOT EVEN RUNNING is listed but Ron Paul and Herman Cain both of whom are officially running are not even listed????

Well that answers the question as to whether or not Sara Palin was a corporate puppet dumped on the Tea Party for the purpose of derailing Ron Paul now doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Tea Party godfather Ron Paul declares 2012 bid

updated 5/13/2011 12:08:36 PM ET

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas Rep. Ron Paul announced Friday that he will run for the GOP nomination for president in 2012, the third attempt for the man known on Capitol Hill as "Dr. No" for his enthusiasm for bashing runaway spending and government overreach.

Dr. Paul in the 2008 GOP run-up wasn't seen as a mainstream candidate, and didn't finish that well. It looks like he's got a lot larger following this time around with Obama f***ing up the nation seriously.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Stop posting so many Ron Paul threads.

Find a old thread to post this nonsense in, Ron Paul is becoming annoying. He needs to drop out already.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Stop posting so many Ron Paul threads.

Find a old thread to post this nonsense in, Ron Paul is becoming annoying. He needs to drop out already.

So is Nibiru, George Soros, S&P, 2012, grainy UFO videos, or anything to do with Obama's birth place but people don't complain about those.

Why do you think he should drop out? Should everybody ahead in the polls drop out? That doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So is Nibiru, George Soros, S&P, 2012, grainy UFO videos, or anything to do with Obama's birth place but people don't complain about those.

Actually people do complain about those type of threads.

Why do you think he should drop out? Should everybody ahead in the polls drop out? That doesn't make sense.

Because he will never win and he's wasting his time.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Actually people do complain about those type of threads.

Because he will never win and he's wasting his time.

Why will he never win? You realize it's because the MSM say that he will never win despite the numbers. He's ahead by several counts not last in any of them. It's that misinformation spread of "why, gaaaawd, why does he keeeeep trying!" when, in reality, he's always had a decent chance.

So... would you recommend that everybody that is trailing him in the polls should quit since they definitely can't win? If that's the case, it would only be Ron Paul and maybe two others left.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Why will he never win? You realize it's because the MSM say that he will never win despite the numbers.

You're right he does very well in the polls, but even if he does win and becomes the president of the U.S -- what good can he do?

It's that misinformation spread of "why, gaaaawd, why does he keeeeep trying!" when, in reality, he's always had a decent chance.

That's the scary part.

So... would you recommend that everybody that is trailing him in the polls should quit since they definitely can't win? If that's the case, it would only be Ron Paul and maybe two others left.

No, they can continue to run if they want to.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ron Paul is becoming annoying.

Trolls not contributing to discussions are more annoying. If you don't like Ron Paul threads, then:

• Stay out of Ron Paul Threads.

• Stop coming to ATS. If you're not going to add constructive discussion to these threads, then you're just wasting your time along with forum space and bandwidth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a382535475b.gif[/atsimg]

• posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by _BoneZ_

Stay out of Ron Paul Threads.

That's really hard to do since they continuously clog up my recent posts list.

Stop coming to ATS. If you're not going to add constructive discussion to these threads, then you're just wasting your time along with forum space and bandwidth.

ATS isn't a Ron Paul fan site.

You guys have a hard on for Ron Paul and that's fine, I like him too [I don't wanna have sex with him], but you guys could at least do this at his forums or something.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
    link   

ATS isn't a Ron Paul fan site. but you guys could at least do this at his forums or something.

ATS has many different sub-forums. This particular forum is the "2012 U.S. Elections" forum and Ron Paul is a 2012 Presidential Candidate where talk about any presidential candidate is allowed, welcome, and will continue. There are also other political forums on ATS that will have Ron Paul threads, which is allowed, welcome, and will continue. What part of that do you not understand?

"I like Ron Paul, but I'm sick of his threads clogging up my recent posts list". You must not like him very much. Any other normal person would look past the threads they don't want to read to find the threads they do want to read, Ron Paul threads or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
    link   
    reply to post by _BoneZ_

What part of that do you not understand?

I understand that. It still doesn't change my opinion on the matter though.

Any other normal person would look past the threads they don't want to read to find the threads they do want to read, Ron Paul threads or not.

Oh well, I guess I'm not normal then.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join