It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Security Steps Up on U.S. Canada Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Considered the most undefended border, the U.S. Canada border will now have more security. It is believed that after the September 11th attacks the United States is vulnerable to entrance and further attacks on the border of Canada.

cbc.ca
VANCOUVER - The U.S.-Canada border, known as the world's longest undefended border, is about to become a little more defended.

In response to the Sept. 11 attacks, U.S. officials are beefing up security and surveillance along the border between British Columbia and Washington state to counter potential threats from Canada.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The U.S. Office of Air and Marine Operations will be deploying a new high tech plane, new command center and helicopter to the border.

Traditional smuggling routes of the border concern officials with the possible threat of terrorist crossing the border with weapons of mass destruction. Other weapons, migrants, and currency is also a concern. It is believed that the border be vulnerable to possible terrorist entrance.

Helicopters and planes are to survey the border, not cross into Canada air space during normal operations. Command centers are predicted within the year, to be in place at Plattsburg, N.Y., with the hopes of more in Montana, North Dakota and Michigan within the next couple of years.

[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
funny how the govt seems to be saying just the opposite about the southern border...or at least through their actions they are. i wonder what the bigger story is..............

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yep. Bin hearing all the whining on our radio and tv news and talk shows all day."There's Blackhawks flying around and there going to shoot us all"Sheesh.Actually have been wondering what took you so long.Such a big muslim presence in this area I feel I need to hire an interpreter to go out in public with so I can talk to people.Going to be tough to cover though,probably more so than your southern border with all the hidden valleys in the mountains.
Maybe I'll finally get to see a Blackhawk .Any info on this plane they talk about?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well that's good news, what we've been saying all along. But will they be able to stop the Great Lakes ATS'ers crossing on Saturday?
We're coming Kid.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mewzik
Any info on this plane they talk about?

No, not yet, all I can find out is that it is a high tech plane with sensor equipment. Fill me in, what's sensor equipment? Is that like infrared? Radar? What?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Heat sensors are probably the main one.Maybe even bud detectors.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Whoops
wrong Border
It sure would be refreshing if anybody in our government had half a brain or more. Yeah! all the al Queada camps are in Canada not South and Central America. All we have down there are fruit pickers. I do not know whether to laugh or cry or go buy another gun.

TUT

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just as I thought...

Braken acknowledged that thwarting the smuggling of marijuana -so-called "B.C. bud" -is a prime consideration for establishing the first unit in the Pacific Northwest.Braken acknowledged that thwarting the smuggling of marijuana -so-called "B.C. bud" -is a prime consideration for establishing the first unit in the Pacific Northwest"

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Apparently this is "In response to the Sept. 11 attacks". Don't you think if that was the case they should have done this, well right after sept. 11? I don't know, call me cookoo but it's been three years and they are just getting around to it know. Yeah I fell much safer. How about the mexican border? I think that will happen somewhere around 2008 if at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
"in response to sept 11"...

yeah right.

GET READY FOR THE DRAFT Y'ALL...

AND NO RUNNING TO CANADA THIS TIME!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Canadian immigration policies are notoriously full of holes; practically anyone can come into that country and cross into the US, as did the 9/11 hijackers. Attempts to discuss this with the Canadians have met with the response of "Hey, it's your problem, not ours". So, it's a start, even if it's too little too late. Hopefully it will lead to stricter policies and attitudes toward anyone coming into the country from north of the border.

Of course the southern border is another issue altogther. Vicente Fox and his corrupt organization refuse to help also. It's time to build a 20 foot high wall on both borders, and top it off with razor wire.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Who are we, Isreal? Oh wait we are.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
jsobecky:

Canadian immigration policies are notoriously full of holes; practically anyone can come into that country and cross into the US, as did the 9/11 hijackers. Attempts to discuss this with the Canadians have met with the response of "Hey, it's your problem, not ours".

Well they still got into the USA even if they got into Canada illegally, so it IS your problem.

If they made it into our country, then that's our problem. If they try to LEAVE our country in order to get into yours, as soon as they cross that border without being caught, they're yours.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
jsobecky:

Canadian immigration policies are notoriously full of holes; practically anyone can come into that country and cross into the US, as did the 9/11 hijackers. Attempts to discuss this with the Canadians have met with the response of "Hey, it's your problem, not ours".

Well they still got into the USA even if they got into Canada illegally, so it IS your problem.

If they made it into our country, then that's our problem. If they try to LEAVE our country in order to get into yours, as soon as they cross that border without being caught, they're yours.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

That's exactly the point that you're missing. They get into your country legally (because of your lax entry policies) and you give them a bus ticket (literally) to get into our country illegally.

So I guess in actuality that you are our problem.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That's exactly the point that you're missing. They get into your country legally (because of your lax entry policies) and you give them a bus ticket (literally) to get into our country illegally.

So I guess in actuality that you are our problem.

So what you want to invade them? lol. Maybe you should include Canada in the 'Axis of Evil'

join