It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for feedback for some rock/metal tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi all, just wanted some feedback or "constructive criticism" on 2 tracks I have uploaded onto my soundcloud account. These are two tracks from a self produced album I hope to release onto the interwebz at some point in the future.

All you hear is written and recorded by me in my "home recording studio" (bedroom haha)

Let me know whad ya think!

soundcloud.com...

soundcloud.com...

CT

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
sounds good drums just seem little flat though, i reckon with better drums it'll sound better, that or maybe its a low quality upload if they were better quality would be pretty nice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

Cheers dude, yea drum quality isn't brilliant but it's the best I can really do with my current money situation. Ideally I need to get into a proper studio but I think I'll have to wait a while for that to happen, unless I win the lottery that is

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i think there are some ok programs you can purchase or torrent that will give you solid drum sounds that you can then make into your beat or w/e if you wanted to have a more solid sounding drum beat, that or recording each drum sound and then fudging it all together in an editor, sounds like a lot of hard work doesnt it haha screw it lol, sounds good though.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

haha yea that sounds like a hell of a lot of work! tbh I only plan on these being demo's anyway just so people can get an idea of my writing style.etc. I plan on releasing these demo's online on an EP called "Breathe" when I have finished vocals and mixed and mastered it. Just to see if people are receptive to it really. Then hopefully I'll start working on one of the concept albums I have planned which should be more refined and of better quality.
Cheers for the feedback

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sounds pretty cool, love the guitar work and almost impossible double bass!

My suggestion: reduce the volume of the ghostly 'ooh-aahs' by a fair bit so that the lead guitar stands out more then they'll sound awesome!

edit on 14/8/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

thanks for the feedback! yeah it is nion impossible haha
Yea I thought the same, may have a play around with the levels, it should be sorted out though once I double track the guitars ready for the EP

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Seems like a cross between BOC and guns and roses.

Metal is not my taste but damn boy I appreciate your talent.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

Thanks dude, Now to get it all finished and "out there"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey mate . Good stuff i like your composition one thing i do think could make them really good would be if you beef your snare up abit so that it thumps with your double bass, even if you sample another snare and layer i think it could make a big difference,

im on soundcloud to but i mostly make dance music, but say hello anyway, always love to help out with new stuff

soundcloud.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That's my cup of tea. Though I'd prefer an extra spoon of...

And a dash less...

But it's good.

new topics

top topics

join