It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paul Won POTUS Would It Be Stolen Away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just a quick question.

When Al Gore won the elction for POTUS against George W Bush, the PTB worked behind the scenes to tamper/stack aq court case so that the job was given to Bush.

Is it possible/plausible that if Ron Paul won POTUS it would be stolen away as well?

Considering how the media tamper with poll results, show deceptive crowd reactions, try to even cut him out of the scene or just not mention him.

Ron Paul wants the troops home, get rid of the Federal Reserve, & generally wants America to mind its own business.

Would Ron Paul be ripped off like Al Gore.

If he was awarded the job, how long until the elites knocked him off like they did JFK.

edit on 14-8-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Bush and Gore was an even race for the most part if you remember. If Ron Paul was against Obama it would be a land slide victory making fraud very impossible even for the most wicked that be.

Remain vigilant.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
Bush and Gore was an even race for the most part if you remember. If Ron Paul was against Obama it would be a land slide victory making fraud very impossible even for the most wicked that be.

Remain vigilant.

I shown Ron Paul to a lot of my friends, depsite being in the UK, and most of them believe that TPTB wuoldn't allow him to get in. Totally agree with yuor point; if he is causing landslides in votes and poll's it's gonna look might suspicious if he doesn't win.

I think maybe even suspicious enough for the populous to take notice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Algore was not ripped off.

He could not win his homestate of Tennessee, and that cost him the election.

Pretty sad that the people he once represented in the Senate voted against him.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Study some more history. Al Gore won the popular vote and it was the supreme court that was filled with judges that chicken little's daddy picked that gave him the office of president.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yes, Bush absolutely stole the election..in Florida..

But, Gore lost 15 million Democratic votes to Bush..even this left wing tree huggin lib voted for Bush (worst mistake of my life)..

It was Gores to lose and he did a damned good job at losing it..

If i could go back in time I would of went out swinging for Nader...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Pains me to think/say/write this, but if Ron Paul ever serioulsy challenged TPTB for POTUS, they would kill him. They wouldn't mess around with the courts/legal system, they would just kill him. Course by doing so they kind of make him and his ideas immortal. Theses bastards will not give up their power very easily.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wish Ron Paul would win. However, our system is so corrupt that I do not think TPTB..Media, voting system, Mafia....Yes, the new corp. Mafia..will let it happen. We are at the point of no return...many things happening that make it clear..from the weather, prophecies..(yes, I know..Stfu) non performing leaders, wars, takers and rumors of wars..flat our stealing on Wall Street, etc..It will not happen gang..prepare..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
Pains me to think/say/write this, but if Ron Paul ever serioulsy challenged TPTB for POTUS, they would kill him. They wouldn't mess around with the courts/legal system, they would just kill him. Course by doing so they kind of make him and his ideas immortal. Theses bastards will not give up their power very easily.

He lost my vote yesterday with his speech in Iowa coming out against abortion hard..that's a non-negotiable for me..he cannot win without the center and independents make up 40% of the voting block..we don't like people that are extreme on social issues.

Look, i hate abortion as much as any right wing fundie..but Roe V Wade has been decided..it's over..if you don't like abortion don't have one..or how about adopting one of the 200, 000 kids that are ready to be adopted right now...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't necessarily think that TPTB would kill him. I think the media would be used to downplay support while the voting machines would simply be rigged against him. They don't have to kill him and risk popular retaliation when they can just rig him to lose.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Didn't know about his abortion stance.

I suppose he needs the christian lobby vote.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21

i agree with you, and i would think tptb would not want to risk paul gaining much more momentum and exposure. he nearly won the straw poll and would seemingly gain a lot more support from the attention he gets from his success in iowa. if he becomes a household name, especially since he's pushing a lot of ideas many americans favor, it would seem too risky to take him out with that kind of popularity. they may want to nip this thing in the bud. it's sad to me, who do we have behind ron paul? i hope he somehow wins and returns this country back to its core values. but i do agree with you that tptb will probably kill him before they let him end the fed, for instance.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here you can find his stances and votes in the past.

www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
From my understanding of the U.S. political system, the POTUS does not have the power to singlehandedly change policy or laws.

The Constitution states that Congress should have the power to do these things, therefor, I do not see how placing a person with views far removed from the rest of the party he would be representing could actually bring forth any concrete change.

**(And please correct me if I'm wrong, as I am from Canada, and no expert on the American Constitution!)

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I would love to see someone with his integrity get into the White House, I just don't think that the infamous "powers that be" need to worry about "offing" anyone, as the people in Congress can prevent any substantial change to the status quo from occurring.

the Billmeister
edit on 14-8-2011 by Billmeister because: made obvious

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm not going to get into a whole abortion debate here. While Dr. Paul is very pro-life, his job was delivering babies for crying out loud. Being that as it may he's not going to force that view onto the country. He's sees it much like everything else, it's a state matter. They way I see it, the problems this country is facing are a lot more pressing than little social issues. In my view, Dr. Paul is the best man for the job to to start getting this country back on it's feet.

I can certainly understand that aborition would be a deal breaker and as I tell people if you don't want to vote for someone, fine, but have a valid/principled reason for it and not just well "I heard some talking head on tv say Ron Paul hates puppies" or whatever. The people you do support have reasons to support them as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Carseller4

Study some more history. Al Gore won the popular vote and it was the supreme court that was filled with judges that chicken little's daddy picked that gave him the office of president.

Ever heard of the Electoral College? You need to study some more history.

The United States of America is NOT a Democracy. We are a representative republic.

I suggest you take a Civics 101 course. You need it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Maybe having a supposed 'underdog' as POTUS would encourage people to vote for the right people for the various positions in our government instead of the most popular.

top topics

join