It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises over Russia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is the first video posted:

This is the second:

This wasn't recorded by me.

Any ideas?
edit on 14-8-2011 by Teki187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Teki187

I have one big question on this. Did you leave the apartment to move through different areas of that huge outdoor plaza and get a feel for direction on this noise? It sounds artificial..like someone near you was having fun with a very high power sound system? Is there echo off all that concrete that your equipment isn't picking up? All that concrete construction around you must play havok with acoustics?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Teki187

I have one big question on this. Did you leave the apartment to move through different areas of that huge outdoor plaza and get a feel for direction on this noise? It sounds artificial..like someone near you was having fun with a very high power sound system? Is there echo off all that concrete that your equipment isn't picking up? All that concrete construction around you must play havok with acoustics?

Sorry i should clear this up, it wasn't me who made the videos, so i have no idea of that kind of information.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
i dont think he recorded it himself,

there was already a thread for this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but here in the 1. video you can hear someone working with a ...disc grinder or something ... so there seems to be constructions of some kind nearby ..
edit on 14-8-2011 by Replica because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
And, where exactly is the Russian connection?
Kiev, in Russia? Must have been some invasion that eluded the global community...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I dont think that is an actually sound.
I think its a sound file. Many reasons to think that.

First off, there is a person walking in the streets, he dosen't even turn his head up to look for any sound.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Surely someone around here has some audio/visual background? Wouldn't it be fairly basic for someone with experience to determine if the background noise and this noise are mixed or totally separate tracks? Don't look at me..I'm not a pro in any of that, it just seems viable enough to check?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
well it defnatly sound metalic, but no one seams to be bothered by it, no one is at there window, and people are just walking around. There is something fishy about that wsound, im not happy with its reverberation, the way it reverbs just seams a bit off, dosent sound right to me, if there any muscians or audio engineers out there, to me it sound like a plate reverb. not a open space reverb.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hey guys... I've been listening to this..and I swear I've heard this. Not something like it, but THIS. I just can't place it. It isn't from The Mist. It's not from Legion when the Archangel shows up. I could swear I've heard it on TV or in a movie though and in the same pulsing way. That is why The Mist is what first came to mind... it's driving me nuts to remember now.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You know, I didn't even hear this sound, so, maybe that guy didn't hear the sound either. I only heard the sound after I played the video back.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Honestly it could be anything. Maybe there's a train station near by or a steel mill. Kinda sounds like earth whimpering to me
edit on 14-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well that place looks like city 17, maybe its some striders off in the distance

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
No idea what it is but it doesn't sound like anything to ponder too much over.
I am about as intrigued as the guy that just walked right on by

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It sounds like band practice

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
sounds very creepy. as for movies, that's the sound the aliens made in the re-make of "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise/Dakota Fanning. it's definitely something very big and it's echoing...almost sounds like metal on metal in an underground cave or cavern...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Yeah, thats what I was going to say, it sounds like War of the Worlds is about to happen but you beat me to it

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You know, I didn't even hear this sound, so, maybe that guy didn't hear the sound either. I only heard the sound after I played the video back.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

If you didn't hear the sound till after listening to the playback, why were you recording?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I listened to both videos. It reminds me of an old rusted metal beam/bar/post that sways in a strong wind, or old sheet metal moved by wind. Or, a large piece of machinery that needs some serious maintenance. Whatever it is, it sounds like a large metal moving object.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Teki187

ill be honest. i do believe in underground bases & the like, but im skeptical of your vids. The first one had no visuals & the second one was...well 11 minutes.

Reason for my skeptiquality is because when the girl came in to speak Russian (followed by dog later), the trumpeting sound stopped.

My ear sense is highly developed & i question the overlay of sounds.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by linduh
I listened to both videos. It reminds me of an old rusted metal beam/bar/post that sways in a strong wind, or old sheet metal moved by wind. Or, a large piece of machinery that needs some serious maintenance. Whatever it is, it sounds like a large metal moving object.

Agree.

30 tuba players & trumpeteers giving it a whirl.

My animal nature inclines that if i DID start hearing this sound irl, its time to get outta dodge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join