It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US airport check 'left me feeling sexually assaulted'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Since when is flying a right?

You do not have to fly and if you do decide to do so then you sign up for all sorts of different things when you purchase that ticket.

Going through security is only one of them.

I doubt there are too many people that are unaware of the various security procedures and even if you were they are made abundantly clear at the airport

If you don't agree or don't like it then don't fly.

Security in some other countries carry automatic weapons and a pat down is extreme security?

El Al has their own security even in US airports and not only do they shoot people but they shoot to kill.

All the posts about the evil TSA boogymen crack me up.
You have no clue about TSA or airport security.
Keep up the fearmongering, it is always amusing.

If you actually think the people that work there want to touch you anymore then they have to maybe you didn't get enough attention as a child.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i have no doubt this issue has been mentioned here before, but there seems to be a increasing number of travellers who are not to pleased about the way they are being treated & the issue is increasingly being picked up by the main stream media.

i now simply refuse to travel to the USA !

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

how do you know, some of them may enjoy doing it ?

it's probably the last thing on the government's mind, everyone's civil liberties are thrown out of the window where laws are set in place to stop terrorists.

as for "if you don't want to get patted down, then don't fly" that's a ludicrous comment to make

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven

You know, I'm aware that there are a number of people with attitudes like this, currently living in America. It doesn't matter how far down into the Stygian abyss of authoritarianism their country continues to go, they will still insist that nothing whatever is wrong, and everything is completely fine.

I'm predicting that the one thing that might change their opinion, is that fateful night when it's *their* front door that the SWAT team in riot gear, with automatic machine guns, decide to kick down, in order for them to be dragged away at gunpoint for "processing."

But by then, of course, it will be far too late.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Honestly hand on heart most of my family are American... and at times I know I bump heads with them on numerous issues but while I love them to bits and would not want anything to happen to them I can not understand the transformation that has taken place in such a short space of time especially the level of scaremongering that seems to be ongoing.

I don't know if any one group is to blame or if this is being deliberately manufactured or if events like 9/11 have had a deeper impact on the American pysche than anyone realises.. but I do feel that unless some common sense is injected the rage that is being pent up will explode at some point.
edit on 14/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DanaKatherineScully

Then maybe your doctor enjoys examining you too.

Or your tailor enjoys measuring your inseam.

It is a job, get over it.

You give up all kinds of rights everyday depending where you work, and where you go.

Flying is a privilege not a right.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The things that make these intollerable is the fact that none of this "extra security" actually solves anything or works.

On one hand they are fighting wars and pissing off the rest of the world, and on the other people in that country classed as AT WAR expect peace. you cannot have it both ways.

But all this process and technology doesnt work, it makes ordinary people suffer for no gain, infact at a loss.

These scanners, do not work as iwth most software automation, too many false positives to be useful.

The process of hands on searching, does not work, it is too easy to blow up a plan if you really wanted to.

The only people that profit from this is the private companies in profits, and the government, in getting more control (and back handers).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven

You do not have to fly and if you do decide to do so then you sign up for all sorts of different things when you purchase that ticket.

Going through security is only one of them.

I doubt there are too many people that are unaware of the various security procedures and even if you were they are made abundantly clear at the airport

If you don't agree or don't like it then don't fly.

Security in some other countries carry automatic weapons and a pat down is extreme security?

El Al has their own security even in US airports and not only do they shoot people but they shoot to kill.

All the posts about the evil TSA boogymen crack me up.
You have no clue about TSA or airport security.
Keep up the fearmongering, it is always amusing.

If you actually think the people that work there want to touch you anymore then they have to maybe you didn't get enough attention as a child.

Keep bending over and taking it where the sun don't shine, you must enjoy the feeling of being completely butt-plugged by your government. Hey, you can even keep the blinders on so you don't have to watch them do it! Perfect!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The "terrorist's" whoever they are this month are probably quite pleased with themselves, no longer the land of the free, well its land of the free after you get your junk felt up.
I wonder what 'their' next attack will be that will further upset your rights over there, maybe they'll blow up a shopping mall, so then to go shopping you need someone to scan you and feel you up so you can get in, yeah laugh someone from an alphabet agency probably just jotted down that idea to implement something else.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
All it takes is one bomber to blow up one of those long airport lines, and chaos.

To get past security , easy..

One bomber runs in at the line.. BOOM chaos, people scatter, people are in confusion
Bomber two runs in, gets past security or at security.. BOOM.
Bomber three runs in... gets further.. BOOm
repeat until no more bombers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I flew over here to the UK less than 2 weeks ago. I didn't get gang-raped by border security, but then again I came from Canada.
In all honesty, if some guard wanted to cup my balls while checking for explosives, I'd feel worse for him than myself... I sweat a damn lot. I'd question his sexuality aloud, but I don't think "my body is a temple!" would come into play.
Not saying digging up someone's butt is a-ok, that's just plain sick. It seems government trust has gone out the window, but you dont need me to tell you that. But if you think an "intruding" pat-down is the worst thing possible, then you might lack sufficient imagination.

Not pushing anyone's buttons, just my 2cents.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Pat downs are ok for me as long as the one doing the patting is pretty and sexy.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Double post. :
goddamn cellphones
edit on 14-8-2011 by BaitingThePublic because: Doublepost

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Friends of mine who holiday in Florida each year
and have done since the late 90's have said they
will never go back because of the behaviour of
the TSA agents.
Lets face it does anybody need the hassle.
Its the same old story,
Put a uniform on some people and you create an instant Nazi dickhead.

Dont put up with it, Dont fly! Make sure you tell them why.
Once it hits them in the pocket they'll soon put a stop to it

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by JennaDarling

I agree with what both of you said. In my dealings with many Americans they seem to be of the belief that the rest of the world has followed suit with the over-the-top security protocols - yet they couldn't be more wrong. When I try telling them that though and I immediately get painted as an 'America Hater' or 'deluded', or my personal favorite: 'jealous'.

Many of us Americans ARE deluded as you describe. It makes me sick to think about
how many of us are going day to day believing that this is a great nation and we are free and have
all these rights.. If more of us Americans had the ambition to do just a little bit of digging,
I have a feeling that our lives would drastically change. It seems the problem is the ratio of
'freedom followers' to 'truth seekers' is horribly skewed. There would have to be something big, or huge,
to open their eyes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Keep bending over and taking it where the sun don't shine, you must enjoy the feeling of being completely butt-plugged by your government. Hey, you can even keep the blinders on so you don't have to watch them do it! Perfect!!

But I don't want to!!!

I wish I could get out of here. Unfortunately, I need a passport.. which costs bundles of cash, and then
a plane ticket... which also costs too damn much. Ugh... Damn this nation!!!

Then, would I make it through the security line?

What's that you say? My toothpaste tube is .5 ounces to big? Damn it!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My experiences did not happen at US airports but I do feel they are relevant examples of a growing movement in the US in which things are being taken a little overboard...

I've attended a few concerts on the East Coast in the last few months. Now, for comparison, these were my first in about a year - since all the news postings of the TSA shenanigans. In years of attending events where I had to go through security of some sort, I have never felt the way I did in the last few occurrences.

Below are the series of events each time:
*20-ish year old Female comes at me with a blank stare and hostile attitude.
*Fondles my chest area. Almost to the point of it feeling like a quick breast exam.
*Grabs all between my legs - mind you I had tight fitted jeans on each time, so I am not sure how I could hide a glock in tight jeans, being a petite female.
*They go through your purse (if you carry one). So don't have any receipts or junk with you, as it will fall all over the ground and humiliates you in front of friends and passers by as you run around collecting your papers from the ground.
*They actually opened my wallet at the last concert and proceeded to pull out ALL of my credit cards, my check book, etc. I guess to see if I had the smallest bag of "fill-in the blank" inside.
*They unrolled my cuffed jeans last time and untied my shoes??? Which I had to step aside to fix afterwards.
*The men, they had it much easier, every time. Quick pat down and through the gates they go. Why, I'm not sure.

I was so frustrated the last time that I almost got into a fight with the gate keeper. I really think that these people have a feeling of entitlement and empowerment that has grown out of control.

It's starting to feel (at least here in the US) like an infringement on our civil liberties. My concert tickets didn't warn me that in order to attend their events, I would be forced to be treated like a piece of meat to gain admittance.

I can only envision it becoming worse and can only think - cue the barcodes....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join