It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to go Sasquatch hunting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That's right everyone. If you live in southern Virginia or North Carolina right now is prime time for spotting a Sasquatch! With the fire in the swamp and the recent rainfall this morning it is as nasty as I've ever seen it. You can barely breath outside with all the smoke, and those Sasquatch are certainly not staying in the swamp with this kind of weather. So get out there and find them!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
And if someone chooses to actually partake in the activity of 'sasquatch hunting' what does one do once one actually runs into said sasquatch? I personally would like to sit down and share a six pack with this amazing yet presumably highly smelly creature while toasting marsh mellows and singing camp fire songs. Of course the smell would probably become overwhelming and Id have to take it to the nearest car wash to have it scrub rinsed... but theres no way it would go in my car smelling like that so we would have to tie it to the roof in a rocking chair like granny but after he has his bath it would be ok. Then we can go through the breakfast menu drivethrough at Mceedees and have pancakes! So if any of you ATS members out there are a sasquatch accessing the interwebs from your caveputer make sure you bring your marshmellows!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

You give him a tall and cold glass of water! After my brisk morning walk my throat is hurting. If there are any Sasquatch in the Dismal Swamp they're all leaving this morning in search of water and clean air. Good time to spot one if they're any in there.

With all the smoke around here right now sitting outside by a fire is the last thing you wanna be doing.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Once when I was on a training mission in the mountains of Bridgeport, Ca I saw what I still believe to be a sasquatch. I was standing watch late at night and saw the unmistakable figure through my night vision goggles. Everyone told me it was just another Marine, possibly wearing a ghillie suit. But there are no 8 foot tall Marines whose arms hang down to their knees. If I was in your neck of the woods I would definitely go on the hunt tonight. Not a lot of yeti activity here in Hawaii though.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I'm not going anywhere outside, in the woods, in the dark. But yea last night would've been an even better time.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I honestly didn't even know about this fire til your post. Just read some articles about it. Wowee. Sounds terrible. Never seen a code purple air quality alert either. I would imagine a swamp fire would present some especially difficult challenges to fire crews. Sorry to hear about all that. Hope everything gets under control with the quickness.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

That's why I said it's time to find Sasquatch! It's so hard to breath outside that if we don't see one because of this fire I think we can safely say there are no Sasquatch living in the Dismal swamp.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The title of this thread scared me at first. I was hoping you where not talking about hunting them with rifles. I am glad to read other wise. Please keep us updated on any activity in the area.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You need at least a bear quality firearm,either pistol,rilfe or 12 ga with slugs....shoot it as many times as your gun will fire....call some small local news station 1st,so it will get on the air before anyone can shut it down...after the interview and photos,take the body and hide with it a few days and let the storm build....then when you reappear,they can take you....remember:shoot it lots of times...stories filtering out of shootings indicate one shot wont bring it down and it gets angry when wounded....you will be doing Science a great deed by providing the one undeniable piece of evidence(a body) that they cannot lie away
edit on 8/14/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

edit on 8/14/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ive been told to bring fresh cloves of garlic, and once deep into the wilderness start crushing it to make the scent expand and spread and it will bring them to you. I was told they rub themselve down with it to keep insects away.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
slow boiling a pot of honey on a camp stove while you sit in a tree stand will bring them in also...Im told they try to eat it just before the 1st shot hits them

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I wasn't talking about shooting them.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

I advocate shooting at least one..its the only proof that will settle the issue once and for all....oh yes,blow them away as quick as possible so this line of dissent wll go away once and for all

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So be on the look out for a half crazed monstrosity lurching out of the undergrowth,
covered in slime, falling around and coughing up a lung?

I see hundreds of them every friday and satuday night here in merry olde England
we call them piss heads though.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You need a night camera for catching game! Then you need to fix some good Sasquatchian dishes that would encourage them to come visit!

I think baked apples would do it! With pork drippins/cracklins!

What ever is out there will come to check out what is for dinner!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Your the first person to post anything about using honey as a lure/bait. Honey in the wild will bring all the bears in. Where there are bears, Bigfoot is also in the vicinity. The reason being is they have the same diet. No researchers with the exception of one individual is using natural honey as bait. Get back with me if honey proves to be the best choice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Marshmallows?? Honey?? Don't you folks know anything? I am pretty sure the only way to lure in a Sasquatch is with beef jerky!

Seriously, I have read reports of people leaving apples and candy out to lure them in so the big guy might have a sweet tooth.

Also, an interesting thought. I wonder how much sighting reports do go up when there is a natural disaster like a fire or flood. People often report seeing larger numbers of other types of wildlife near populated areas during times like these so maybe you do have a better chance of an encounter.

edit on 8/14/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Added

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
honey on a slow boil is an old Alaskan hunters trick....brings in Black Bears in the Yukon area ....Its like the teathered goat in tiger hunting...you just gotta be in a tree...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I advocate shooting at least one..its the only proof that will settle the issue once and for all.

careful.....I know that in at least one county here in washington state it is actually illegal to kill a sasquatch even thought they have never been proven to exist. It's a good law to have in place for what would seem to be a very rare creature. Check local laws before packing any heavy firepower.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I live in The South...we pretty much have Carte Blanche when it comes to stuff like this

top topics

<<   2 >>

join