It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White chavs have become black': David Starkey TV outburst provokes race row as he claims Enoch Po

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

here is why i think it was racist, first of all he is saying that white people have become 'black' as though that is a negative thing. then he goes onto blame the gang culture which i agree with, but because he announced white people have become black, he is suggesting that gang culture is a black attribute.

so it is racist because he is saying that black people are violent and destructive and are the cause of the 'gang culture' and that white people have become black as though being black is a negative thing.

this is why i think it is racists. if he had highlighted the gang culture without mentioning skin colour then i would of agreed with him, but violence and gangs are not things that are the fault of black people or only asscioated with black people.

teddy boy's were based around rock and roll.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some Teds formed gangs and gained notoriety following violent clashes with rival gangs which were often exaggerated by the popular press. The most notable were the 1958 Notting Hill race riots, in which Teddy Boys were present in large numbers and were implicated in attacks on the West Indian community.[4] The violent lifestyle was sensationalised in the pulp novel Teddy Boy by Ernest Ryman, first published in England in 1958.

todays gangs are based around rap music, being violent and forming gangs have nothing to do with being black. and if a white person became 'black' how is that a bad thing? unless you are racists or have a negative opinion on black people?

that is why i think his comments ARE racist.
edit on 14-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I know and understand the point he was trying to make. Look at it logically. If group A's culture causes a majority of them to have certain characteristics of talk, dress, actions, etc, and these characteristics are not dominant in any other group prior to their integration, and a group other than A adopts these characteristics, what conclusion would you draw? I would say that one of these other groups has been influenced by group A.

Now with that proven, the main question then becomes as follows:

Were the characteristics exhibited by these other groups only exhibited after the introduction to group A? IF this is the case, then it is obvious that group A's influence had something to do with the results. IF not, then the hypothesis is wrong, and these other groups would have developed and exhibited these characteristics regardless of whether they were introduced to group A or not.

This description was intended to be relatively general, as I didn't read the story to see exactly what the person quoted was referring to. I didn't read it because it wasn't necessary to draw up the simple experiment listed above, and I know that by reading it biases would have been introduced, as they would have been with anyone. So I say let this be an example to everyone that they should not let their personal bias interfere with a proper analysis.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its all about labelling people isnt it, being Chavs, Neds, Blacks, it used to be Chinkies too but now that is just a type of food. I remember in the UK when racism was about calling coloured people Paki's.

Here is Aus they called the Pakistanis Paki's - no problem, no racism, but you cant do that in England because its racist. Surley its not an issue to call someone a Paki - but to call someone a F**in Paki Scum it becomes a racist comment.

Also, racism is pretty pathetic in the UK, if I was angry at someone who cut me up in traffic and I gave them the finger as a show of my displeasure, its fine, if call them a dikhead, its fine, but if I call them a Fekn Black Bstard then I am a racist. Am I really a racist? Does it matter what I say or is it about how I act?

Im not a racist, I dont think the problems of the riots have anything to do with race or the guy who was shot by the police. Fact is, there are too many people on this earth and not enough jobs to employ them all. Now China is emerging from the third world, what will happen when Africa does, when we stop all the famine and feed the world?

We had some Somali immigrants here and they knifed a couple of people because thats their culture, they are only 1 generation removed from a tribesman/woman who wil chop someone to death with a machete cos they are in the wrong patch of Jungle. Is it their fault or is the fault of the stupid doo gooding imigration service that allows these cultures to cross so dramatically.

Nothing to do with Blacks - hell we dont even have 'blacks' like in the USA - Britain its all Asians, am i racist? Bloody Asians coming over here and taking all the jobs? Is that racist, i recon it makes me sound stupid, but I cant be punished for sounding stupid so I get called a racist and can be punished for that.

Political Correctness - I was waiting for the backlash and here it comes. The pendulum swings.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by OwenGP185

Nice video, thanks for posting, but I think you have the words "instinct" and "culture" confused.
Seagulls have no culture and they have no concept of thievery, it is their instinct that tells what they have to do to survive. Based on the video it appears they are now adapting to their surroundings, which includes knowing what can be found in convenience stores.

Nice try at defending the looters though, by posting that video you are basically conceding that these trouble making, self serving looters are more animal in nature than they are human.

I thought there was some humbling element somewhere that separates us humans from animals.
If that element is culture, then obviously some cultures may be reverting back to primative, animalistic behavior.

To be fair the seagull vid was just a light hearted joke. The point about Japanese not looting is wrong, I have seen videos about them looting and a quick youtube seach will find some.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My big problem with what Doctor Starkey said was that he failed to distinguish between the positives of Caribbean culture and the negatives of the (broadly) criminal subculture of the Yardie gangs.

In doing this, he simply demonstrated that when he thinks of a Caribbean person, he thinks only of the criminal.

He's always been a bit of a reactionary, but it's quite sad to see someone as insightful as the doc fall into the well of lazy stereotyping like this.

I hope he gives it some thought and apologizes cos I really don't think (at heart) that he is a racist.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by EvanB

here is why i think it was racist, first of all he is saying that white people have become 'black' as though that is a negative thing. then he goes onto blame the gang culture which i agree with, but because he announced white people have become black, he is suggesting that gang culture is a black attribute.

so it is racist because he is saying that black people are violent and destructive and are the cause of the 'gang culture' and that white people have become black as though being black is a negative thing.

this is why i think it is racists. if he had highlighted the gang culture without mentioning skin colour then i would of agreed with him, but violence and gangs are not things that are the fault of black people or only asscioated with black people.

teddy boy's were based around rock and roll.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some Teds formed gangs and gained notoriety following violent clashes with rival gangs which were often exaggerated by the popular press. The most notable were the 1958 Notting Hill race riots, in which Teddy Boys were present in large numbers and were implicated in attacks on the West Indian community.[4] The violent lifestyle was sensationalised in the pulp novel Teddy Boy by Ernest Ryman, first published in England in 1958.

todays gangs are based around rap music, being violent and forming gangs have nothing to do with being black. and if a white person became 'black' how is that a bad thing? unless you are racists or have a negative opinion on black people?

that is why i think his comments ARE racist.
edit on 14-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

Ok I see where you are coming from and you have a very good point.

I can see how that can be seen as racist, but a part of me thinks that seeing it the way you described very well eludes to the sensitivites of those who would percieve it that way.

It shows how just saying "black" assumes a negative connotation in the eyes of some black people with a sort of mixed ingrained inferiority complex and a thou shalt not touch Gods annointed attitude.

In the end of the day this IS a black created sub culture. It has its roots in US black ghettos and to say that it does not is moronic. This sub culture created by black people is also seen as negative by the majority of black people because of the lives it has destroyed. It is pretty weak that the whole has been tarnished with the same brush as the few, but thats how it works in this life, especially when this lifestyle has been promoted by our perverse media for the last 30 years then its not hard to see how the stereotype has been created, even lauded by black people themselves, and is the benchmark that all nations subscibe too in terms of the stereotypical black male. Therefore to say that someone is "acting black" is not racist, but a parody of the stereotype.

edit on 15-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

ETA

I would also like to add the inverse to your arguement too.

Those black people who are though to have absorbed "white culture" by not "talking ghetto" but the queens english, having white friends, good jobs etc are seen by a lot of black people as "acting white" and are often got at because of it and are seen as sell outs.

Surely that is racist too huh?
edit on 15-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What an outright, stupid thing to say.

The lower classes in the UK don't care much about race. These 'chavs' only care about themselves and there selfish 'I want I want I want... but I don't want to earn or do any work for it' is pathetic.

I grew up with these chavs I know the kind of people that this man is talking about. They are NOT trying to be black. They are just being chavs. Scum, violent, bigoted, lying, cheating, drug taking, binge drinking scum.

I used to hang around these and call them friends when I was younger, like 10-18 years old or so until I realised what they are. They're not your friends, they're only interested in themselves and self preservation and I've seen them sell out so called 'friends' over peer pressure alone. It's pathetic, no integrity.

These 'tough' youth of the UK today really, they just think they're tough. I'm not saying I'm tough but since I've done my basic training for the army I've seen some tough people.

When I studied forensic science at uni I met some psychopaths and they were tough.

The parents are the same in most cases, just makes me want to puke and no government spending will improve it. Even if these people won the lottery they would still be the same, violent, mouthy, selfish scum.

Parents, teachers and police need to start being tough on these chavs. No amount of nurturing will help the situation and anything the government gives them will make it worse. They are like leeches and take, take, take, take and thus in return expect everything for nothing and think the world revolves around them. They should make special boot camps for these people or something, not to join the army because we don't want there kind and if I'm honest, nobody does... It's not society's fault, not everybody turns out like those chavs it's only a small minority.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the chavs are like feral, wild animals... Also there little gangs are just basically tribes, or extended family. It is no different from dealing with a pack of wolves. They really are the mouth breathing, stupid dung at the bottom of the pile in this country.
edit on 15-8-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: Added last paragraph

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Then you have to say why so many black youths are killed in London recently, it is not white vs black it is black vs black and a lot of it has to do with reputation, some of them see guns are like toys and they have to use them to look cool or put a point across when problems can be solved in otherways.

Why are the best atheletes in the UK black, we only have a few million black people here yet they make up a large percentage of sports men and women, they are stronger and taller than the average white guy.

Maybe this early growth spurt puts it in the minds of this race that they are bigger faster and better than the average person, sometimes they like to prove it by getting into battles or punching someone rather than deal with something by reason of word.

Just found this, so it is not just me.

Both racist crime and gang-related crime continues to affect black communities, so much so that the Met Police launched Operation Trident to tackle black-on-black crimes. Numerous deaths in police custody of black men has generated a general distrust of police amongst urban blacks in the UK[citation needed]. According to the Metropolitan Police Authority in 2002–2003 of the 17 deaths in police custody, 10 were black or Asian – however blacks and Asians make up a much higher number of prison inmates. The government reports[45] the overall number of racist incidents recorded by the police rose by 7% from 49,078 in 2002/3 to 52,694 in 2003/4.

The media[who?] has highlighted black gangs and black on black violence. According to a Home Office report,[45] 10% of all murder victims between 2000 and 2004 were black. Of these, 56% were murdered by other blacks. Given that blacks represent approximately 3% of the British population, black on black violence is a significant problem. In addition, a Freedom of Information request made by The Telegraph shows internal police data that provides a breakdown of the ethnicity of the 18,091 men and boys who police took action against for a range of violent and sexual offences in London in 2009–10. They show that among those proceeded against for street crimes, 54 per cent were black; for robbery, 59 per cent; and for gun crimes, 67 per cent. Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property.[46]

en.wikipedia.org...
Text

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 15-8-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I don't think hip-hop gangsta culture represents black culture as a whole, but it is derived specifically from black ghetto culture. Personally I think following this sub-culture is just a sign of lower intelligence. I do not believe in racial superiority but I do believe in cultural superiority, and modern secular European culture is way superior to any other in my view.

I think I'd rather keep my own culture than adopt any of the others, and if that does make me a racist (I don't think it does), then I can live with that. Every other culture I see seems to be over-infested with superstition, religion, and all the backward thinking that comes with it.
edit on 15/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Of course what he said was racist.... and ignorant, uninformed, untrue and completely stupid.
What did these riots have to do with race, I'm still wondering how and why race was brought into it?

And yes, Whites "becoming black" (like this is a bad thing) is racist.

Saying the Tottenham politician, David Lammy, an "archetypal successful black man", sounded "white"; and that Jamaican patois had left "so many of us" feeling England was "literally a foreign country".

So many of who?

Stuffy, crusty old white men who have literally no knowledge of urban culture and the feelings of Britain's youth?

The actual quote:

"Listen to David Lammy, an archetypal successful black man. If you turn the screen off, so you were listening to him on radio, you would think he was white."

I mean what??

What the Feck does this guy know?

He's a tudor historian, I've read comments like "this guy is so intelligent, he must know what he's talking about" and "This guy is a genius" ... like.... what?

And saying that this is about race, immigration and saying that Enoch Powell was right in a sense, is just pathetic and yet a further attempt to make these riots all about race and try and target a specific race.

His comments were out of order, outdated and complete and utter turd.

I thought it was interesting (and actually kind of funny) that Nick Griffin was thinking about making this moron an Honorary Gold Member of the BNP.

I think that says it all really.

Here is the debate, make your own minds up.

edit on 15/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There are lots of video on youtube, here it from the horses mouth why London and places have this problem.

If nations were smart they would say, if you come from a country where there is so much crime in that culture and does not recognise democracy and freedoms then you are not allowed in. For those who want peace that come here will be forced to stay in their countries to not run away from their problems but make the difference.

But it seems the problems are the other way aound they find the UK an easy spot to run away from their crimes and they repeat it here, that is what the people think and it shows.

If they put a Bible in their hand and proclaimed peace it might solve the problem, its better than rap music and street repulations.

edit on 15-8-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ive been really baffled lately over this whole thing. My husband and I lived in London for a time ( a year at one point.. back and forth after that) and this really doesnt sound like the London I recall. It was in the early 90's of course, but things have changed this much? I still keep in touch with a few old friends in email and snail.. they are describing things that seem as if London has been turned on its ear culturally.. it seems by complete lack of assimilation by immigrants and youths mimicking the worst segment of the American culture. You can see its also a relatively recent manifestation in the black American culture if youre as old as I am!

Im not white so save the white versus black pissing match nonsense. Blacks here are going bonkers too and its a culture thing has been attached to color of skin BY THEMSELVES. I dont care who it offends when I say the culture is false and promoted by corrupt black leadership and promoted by what is seen as "black" music. If it is racist to say a culture or music this culture claims is THEIRS promotes violence, hatred, bias, criminality, murder, objectification of women,worship of money and materiality over integrity and content of character, neglect of parental responsibilities, lawlessness, "gettin paid" when you havent worked for it, drug use among children, casual sex, rape, baby mammas and daddies, and etc that is absurd. If this culture says that striving for good grades or success is selling out, being an uncle tom or "acting white"... this is destructive. If saying its wrong to emulate the rap songs and thug life promoted in gangsta rap becomes worthy of the label of racist, Im okay with that. If I have a mother of a child murdered by a gang of 3 cars of thugs doing a drive by on his 14th birthday sitting on my living room sofa and I say something is wrong in the black community and call it like it is.. and this is seen as racist? Then I will wear the label without shame. When I accompany a parent of a murdered child to a hearing and see thuggish behavior out of the defendants family and friends,condemn this idiocy for what it is, and this is seen as racist.. Im really not concerned with that sort of label anymore.

Now, when people get all upset concerning the term "black culture" can you tell me what one is supposed to call it when this group of common human beings specifically sets itself out to be purposefully segregated from others by skin color alone so that they have demanded clothing brands of their own which no one else can wear without meeting with violence ( my own daughter), music that is theirs alone, language that is theirs alone, dress style that they claim as theirs,areas of town others arent welcome,dance styles that are claimed exclusively to be theirs, etc etc etc? If a group wishes to be set apart.. they will be known for what they have signified as specifically theirs. In this case, its the thug life they have chosen as their signifier. What else would you who demand PC group-think demand it should be called other than black culture or as they themselves have labeled it : "hip hop culture"?How do we refer to it without you labeling us as racists when this is perpetuated by that group and since they are only allowed to use the label that they themselves have set for it? The hippies didnt have an issue with it being labeled as " hippy culture" since they defined it themselves, so why the big demand of so-called PC concerning the blacks? WHen I say hippy culture what do you think of? WHat its defined itself with : free love, pot, music, etc. WHen I say Hip Hop culture what do you think of? ________ dare you to honestly fill in the blank.

Is anyone even getting this yet? LOL!!

In Bizarro-World right is wrong, wrong is right, yes is no, up is down... the PC group think crowd is demanding we all live in Bizarro-world by not seeing this exactly as it is and being able to voice our feelings on it without them labeling us with negative tags. This nonsense is destroying an entire group of people and we are not to be concerned about this? I wish every one of my fellow human beings to succeed and this can not be possible as long as we keep these silly ideas about what is PC to condemn.Specifically condemning what elitists have chosen to use as a catalyst to divide a populace that the PC crowd and those who whine racism about everything perpetuate. I will forever condemn the destruction of a generation of capable human beings from an internal source regardless of the label you wish to put upon me. I dont see these PC nuts out doing what I do within the black community and within the gangs. I see them condemning from a pedestal, but never in the trenches.

The op is something I am initially okay with.. knowing the little that was revealed in the article. He absolutely should condemn this destructiveness if he cares about a people. You all should be thankful he has the intestinal fortitude to call it like it is, not care much about the demands of group think or PC, and promote something better for the populace he cares for. The sooner it ends the quicker the black community can succeed and not be mired in this self imposed segregation and thug lifestyle that certain elements have made so attractive. When it is seen for what it is.. yet another form of slavery/suppression of success.. then we will all hopefully see the black community rise to what it is capable of being and throw off this nonsense from within.

They need no white helping hand.. and I know the folly of allowing this in my own culture.The fact is that blacks are well capable of doing it themselves. Whites should butt the hell out. These are not childlike savages that whites must guide. The desire isnt there to cast this culture off yet because this culture is not shunned as of yet .We are actively prevented shunning it. These people ( the ones condoning it, demanding this PC nonsense, and the true racists) are promoting this within the community itself.... while making it nearly illegal for non-blacks to even voice our disgust and horror concerning black children killing other black children or living in this thug glorification culture that sets up yet another generation for failure, poverty, and disenfranchisement. Why isnt it shunned? Due to tolerance demanded for the wholesale destruction of blacks by blacks being enforced by the PC oriented groups. So you tell me.. who are the racists that are promoting the destruction of blacks and the black community?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't think the riots were about race, I think it was a bunch of nihilistic young people, mostly doing it for kicks. I think you are right that he was racist to equate gangsta subculture with black people per se, but nevertheless, this media generated hip-hop culture and the violent, selfish nihilism it promotes is a problem.

Personally I think hip-hop culture is itself a racist parody of poor black people, and I think it's a sad thing to see so many young blacks buying into it, let alone whites.

David Starkey should stick to his waffling about Elizabeth 1, and leave current affairs alone. He clearly isn't good at it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NocturnalPhantom

but nevertheless, this media generated hip-hop culture and the violent, selfish nihilism it promotes is a problem.

I think it's actually the culture of "want" and "must have", not so much hip-hop.

We could blame EMO for kids cutting themselves and we could blame dance music for people who die on pills and so on and so forth.

I think it's because of the media full stop.

Everybody must have an Ipod or a smartphone or these trainers or this bike or this bag etc etc.
I'm not sure any culture or music is to blame, there are many, many things at play here.

David Starkey should stick to his waffling about Elizabeth 1, and leave current affairs alone. He clearly isn't good at it.

I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Ive been really baffled lately over this whole thing. My husband and I lived in London for a time ( a year at one point.. back and forth after that) and this really doesnt sound like the London I recall. It was in the early 90's of course, but things have changed this much? I still keep in touch with a few old friends in email and snail.. they are describing things that seem as if London has been turned on its ear culturally.. it seems by complete lack of assimilation by immigrants and youths mimicking the worst segment of the American culture. You can see its also a relatively recent manifestation in the black American culture if youre as old as I am!

Im not white so save the white versus black pissing match nonsense. Blacks here are going bonkers too and its a culture thing has been attached to color of skin BY THEMSELVES. I dont care who it offends when I say the culture is false and promoted by corrupt black leadership and promoted by what is seen as "black" music. If it is racist to say a culture or music this culture claims is THEIRS promotes violence, hatred, bias, criminality, murder, objectification of women,worship of money and materiality over integrity and content of character, neglect of parental responsibilities, lawlessness, "gettin paid" when you havent worked for it, drug use among children, casual sex, rape, baby mammas and daddies, and etc that is absurd. If this culture says that striving for good grades or success is selling out, being an uncle tom or "acting white"... this is destructive. If saying its wrong to emulate the rap songs and thug life promoted in gangsta rap becomes worthy of the label of racist, Im okay with that. If I have a mother of a child murdered by a gang of 3 cars of thugs doing a drive by on his 14th birthday sitting on my living room sofa and I say something is wrong in the black community and call it like it is.. and this is seen as racist? Then I will wear the label without shame. When I accompany a parent of a murdered child to a hearing and see thuggish behavior out of the defendants family and friends,condemn this idiocy for what it is, and this is seen as racist.. Im really not concerned with that sort of label anymore.

Now, when people get all upset concerning the term "black culture" can you tell me what one is supposed to call it when this group of common human beings specifically sets itself out to be purposefully segregated from others by skin color alone so that they have demanded clothing brands of their own which no one else can wear without meeting with violence ( my own daughter), music that is theirs alone, language that is theirs alone, dress style that they claim as theirs,areas of town others arent welcome,dance styles that are claimed exclusively to be theirs, etc etc etc? If a group wishes to be set apart.. they will be known for what they have signified as specifically theirs. In this case, its the thug life they have chosen as their signifier. What else would you who demand PC group-think demand it should be called other than black culture or as they themselves have labeled it : "hip hop culture"?How do we refer to it without you labeling us as racists when this is perpetuated by that group and since they are only allowed to use the label that they themselves have set for it? The hippies didnt have an issue with it being labeled as " hippy culture" since they defined it themselves, so why the big demand of so-called PC concerning the blacks? WHen I say hippy culture what do you think of? WHat its defined itself with : free love, pot, music, etc. WHen I say Hip Hop culture what do you think of? ________ dare you to honestly fill in the blank.

Is anyone even getting this yet? LOL!!

In Bizarro-World right is wrong, wrong is right, yes is no, up is down... the PC group think crowd is demanding we all live in Bizarro-world by not seeing this exactly as it is and being able to voice our feelings on it without them labeling us with negative tags. This nonsense is destroying an entire group of people and we are not to be concerned about this? I wish every one of my fellow human beings to succeed and this can not be possible as long as we keep these silly ideas about what is PC to condemn.Specifically condemning what elitists have chosen to use as a catalyst to divide a populace that the PC crowd and those who whine racism about everything perpetuate. I will forever condemn the destruction of a generation of capable human beings from an internal source regardless of the label you wish to put upon me. I dont see these PC nuts out doing what I do within the black community and within the gangs. I see them condemning from a pedestal, but never in the trenches.

The op is something I am initially okay with.. knowing the little that was revealed in the article. He absolutely should condemn this destructiveness if he cares about a people. You all should be thankful he has the intestinal fortitude to call it like it is, not care much about the demands of group think or PC, and promote something better for the populace he cares for. The sooner it ends the quicker the black community can succeed and not be mired in this self imposed segregation and thug lifestyle that certain elements have made so attractive. When it is seen for what it is.. yet another form of slavery/suppression of success.. then we will all hopefully see the black community rise to what it is capable of being and throw off this nonsense from within.

They need no white helping hand.. and I know the folly of allowing this in my own culture.The fact is that blacks are well capable of doing it themselves. Whites should butt the hell out. These are not childlike savages that whites must guide. The desire isnt there to cast this culture off yet because this culture is not shunned as of yet .We are actively prevented shunning it. These people ( the ones condoning it, demanding this PC nonsense, and the true racists) are promoting this within the community itself.... while making it nearly illegal for non-blacks to even voice our disgust and horror concerning black children killing other black children or living in this thug glorification culture that sets up yet another generation for failure, poverty, and disenfranchisement. Why isnt it shunned? Due to tolerance demanded for the wholesale destruction of blacks by blacks being enforced by the PC oriented groups. So you tell me.. who are the racists that are promoting the destruction of blacks and the black community?

Whatever this guy/gal said

Bravo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That is a good point. Perhaps it would be more accurate to describe it as a prominent symptom of the problem, rather than the root cause of the problem itself. But as the media further promote this subculture, peer pressure will make more and more young feel obliged to partake in it, so it does become a destructive meme.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Although it is wrong, and I dislike myself for it, in all honesty when I think of hip-hop culture I think of violent, racist, sexist, homophobic, gun-toting, knife-wielding, drug-pushing blacks.

Then again, that's what the lyrics of this perverse genre generally tend to promote nowadays. I was a fan of hip hop years ago when it was fresh, innovative and had a lot of positive points to make. Now it has become a force of evil and negativity and I despise it, and those who promote it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well said MisterBurns

I think people need to stop being so touchy about things and lighten up

There are after all 'things' that are 'black' after all very few 'whites have the same propensity

for rhythm, and most 'black' singers seem to have much deeper voices (for a long time, before

i saw him i thought Micheal McDonald was 'black'
) And correct me if i'm wrong but

didn't this 'high five' that ALL cultures do now come from the 'black' culture?

If i go way back to my youth
the knight on the "black horse" was evil and the good knight

came in and rescued on his "white charger. Witches - head to toe in black..the beautiful

maiden in distress - head to toe in white. So from way back we have been subtley indoctrinated

in that black = bad.!.........white = good !

HOWEVER PEOPLE ARE GOOD AND BAD WHATEVER HUE THEY HAPPEN TO BE

Something different but along the same lines is the fight for equality between men and women-

it has taken years, and although much better now there is STILL a discrepancy between

salaries paid to men and women for doing the same job

A personal experience .........many years ago i was the only female in a sales force of a

hundred or so men (the company inherited me after a take over) though i have no complaints

at the way i was treated, I did get the feeling that i had to do more and be better to be

considered equal.

I just wish the pc brigade would dissappear

black is black

white s white

That is a given fact neither being better or worse and things like stopping the children from

learning nursery rhymes such as "ba ba black sheep etc. only serves to maintaining the

'status quo' and draws attention to things which would NEVER be noticed if left alone

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

There are after all 'things' that are 'black' after all very few 'whites have the same propensity

for rhythm, and most 'black' singers seem to have much deeper voices (for a long time, before

i saw him i thought Micheal McDonald was 'black' ) And correct me if i'm wrong but

didn't this 'high five' that ALL cultures do now come from the 'black' culture?

I guess Pavarotti is a black guy and all those Russian ballet dancers have talcum-powdered themselves?

The problem with Starkey's comments is that they speak of stereotyping people by skin colour. He's a historian and should know England has a rich history of riots going back centuries. There's always been a black population in these islands and prior to the 18th century it was so small that I'm not sure how they can be blamed for all of the riots? All of Europe has had riots going back centuries too.

Jeez, maybe black folk learned how to riot from white folk!? Did they get tired of all that rhythmic dancing and singing in their deep voices and decided to emulate the white folk?

Or just maybe, the riots throughout history and across the world have been an outcome of political expression with some being just a slash and burn piss-take by the criminal under-classes of any colour?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Kandinsky because: typo-city!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join