It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the Kosovo War about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm really confuse about the topic. I don't really how it all started out but i heard that it was the KLA that started a war because they complain about the education system that the Serbs force them to. I also used the search bar who started a war and i cannot seem to find any of them that are reliable. I don't have any real knowledge how this whole Balkans fiasco started out. But what amazed me is that the United States and it's allies even regarded the KLA Army a terrorist group then all the suddenly they remove them off their list in 1999. I also heard that the Serbs were engaging in a "ethic cleansing" like they did in the Bosnia War.

So why did NATO side with the KLA against the Serbs. And NATO bombed Serbia without UN approval

And please no bias toward the side or the other because it ruined the credibility of the topic. How did it all started? I get too confused about this and how did it all started. Wikipedia the topic doesn't help either.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Kosovar Albanians wanted a seperate country after Yugoslavia broke up, Serbia didn't want to let Kosovo go so some Kosovar Albanians formed the Kosovo Liberation Army, wich the Serb government labeled terrorists for their attacks on police and civilians.

There were a series of wars during the 1990's which were a result of the Yugoslav state break up after Tito died and the Soviet Union fell. A lot of it revolved around ethnic boundaries and religion which devolved into terrorist acts and ethnic cleansing during the Bosnian war.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
here is a interesting documentary about this war. These documentaries are in German and were once aired in MSM TV.
With English subtitles: KOSOVO German 2008 documentary-It began with a lie PART 1of5

A message of this documentary is that NATO's claim that they wanted to avoid a humanitarian catastrophe was only propaganda to give a reason for the war.

( This documentary is also quite interesting but only German: Es begann mit einer Lüge im Kosovo - 1/2)

edit on 14-8-2011 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

join