It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Buy 1lb T-Bone Steaks With My Food Stamp Card

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

OK. Then I can live with fact that I'm feeding you steak. If it had been because of alcohol you'd just be another Darwin experiment taking food out of my son's mouth.

I have cousin that is being drummed out of the army because of being dead weight caused by health problems that were caused by his service. It's got him down because he was career army. Hope you can get on your feet again. Our soldiers deserve to be taken care of.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have liver issues and have been getting care from the VA for the past few years. Be VERY careful, they damn near killed me by prescribing pain killers and other drugs that damaged my liver to the point where every meal resulted in hive breakouts over my entire body. My doctor told me to STOP taking all my natural remedies, and recommended I increase the dosage of what I was on.

I ignored him, stopped taking ALL medications and began taking MILK THISTLE and LIV52, you can find them on Amazon and look fro the STANDARDIZED versions as they are better.

After several months, my condition improved greatly and while I deal with pain instead of pills, I just feel much better. Also STATINS only offer a miniscule benefit and might be causing a lot more damage than you realize, look into it.

Best of luck with everything.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Perfect incentive for those struggling to make ends meet by actually working to quit and start sucking on Uncle Sam's teats.

Problem is those sucking the teat are starting to outnumber those putting the milk in.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
I have liver issues and have been getting care from the VA for the past few years. Be VERY careful, they damn near killed me by prescribing pain killers and other drugs that damaged my liver to the point where every meal resulted in hive breakouts over my entire body. My doctor told me to STOP taking all my natural remedies, and recommended I increase the dosage of what I was on.

I ignored him, stopped taking ALL medications and began taking MILK THISTLE and LIV52, you can find them on Amazon and look fro the STANDARDIZED versions as they are better.

After several months, my condition improved greatly and while I deal with pain instead of pills, I just feel much better. Also STATINS only offer a miniscule benefit and might be causing a lot more damage than you realize, look into it.

I'm currently taking Milk Thistle, Vitamin E (800 units so 2 pills), and Vitamin B12.

My liver doctor actually told me to take Vitamin E, and my research led me to B12 for energy and Milk Thistle for the liver. I'll look into these other compounds. I've got a shoulder surgery coming up and I'm waiting to hear from my doctor as I may need to be put on something like a morophine drip because I can't take pain killers.

The sad part is that I didn't want to get addicted from the start so I opted to take Tramadol + Tylenol.

My regimen as prescribed was 400mg Tramadol + 100mg Tylenol every 4-6 hours for three years.

On top of that there was the anti-inflammatories, and psychological meds.

I may have to do this surgery without pain meds, and the last time I went to the VA to see the ortho surgeon he made the comment, "In the old days they just bit something and took a drink, so you should be able to handle it without painkillers if you must." He must not be very smart, because I'm sure that drinking alcohol to combat the pain is just as bad as painkillers. He didn't say anything when I pointed that out.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
I may have to do this surgery without pain meds, and the last time I went to the VA to see the ortho surgeon he made the comment, "In the old days they just bit something and took a drink, so you should be able to handle it without painkillers if you must." He must not be very smart, because I'm sure that drinking alcohol to combat the pain is just as bad as painkillers. He didn't say anything when I pointed that out.

Just to point out on this, it's a matter of what volume hurts you more. Dad looked at the risk of 1 beer to go to sleep all night vs. 1000 mg of asprin to have the chance to sleep. Beer won out. Considering what the liver is doing, see how morphine and it's derivatives work on your liver. You can take that and stay awake through surgury.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

KUDOS TO YOU! I too had to do the same for several years as I am now permanently disabled. I have been paying taxes for 30 years so I am not taking anything I haven't paid for already.

The main people complaining are those that either

A) Don't understand the wisdom in your choice to eat healthier and thereby reducing medical costs to the tax payer.

and

B) Those that use their food stamps illegally in order to purchase alcohol, drugs and IF food, then junk food.

Again I say congrats! I wish the many millions currently on food stamps could learn from you and if not buy red meats, at least buy real food with real nutritional values.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Why are you having another kid if you can't support yourself without government welfare assistance? This is very irresponsible.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

I'm 100% sure that eating too much tofu is terrible for your body.

Yes, we're supposed to eat meat. You can make many excuses as why not to... few legitimate ones, but don't try and drag as normal meat eaters into the vegetarian cult.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by gougitousakusha

I'm 100% sure that eating too much tofu is terrible for your body.

Yes, we're supposed to eat meat. You can make many excuses as why not to... few legitimate ones, but don't try and drag as normal meat eaters into the vegetarian cult.

Actually we WERE made to eat only vegetarian....
That is all Adam and Eve ate, until they sinned.
After that God saw them naked and they had to kill
a lamb take the skin cover themselves, not
wasting the animals body they sacrificed it and ate it..

After that the food chain was never the same.
Adam and Eve were banished from the garden
and they had to eat meat to live.....

I am no vegetarian and also think
they are cult ish. thank you

I love a good cornbeef hash sandwhich

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm proud of you for your decisions, you're very keen on health and value!

We are a family of 6 with 1 more on the way. We have foodstamps as well... my husband is the only worker for our house, i tend to the house, kids, and homeschooling. Our mortgage is $271 a month, and we live within our means.. I am very health conscious as well. Last month we were getting $340 a month in FS, now this month with no change in income or anything, ours were knocked down $100. I don't understand what caused that. We have friends living in MS with only 3 kids, no house payment, only electricity and gas... one member working in the family, making a little less than what my husband does... and they get over $1000 a month for food. Now that really doesn't make any sense!

Anyway, I was going to tell you that Whole Food Vitamins are so much better than regular store brands-- unless it's whole food it's synthetic vitamins and your body can only absorb a small portion of what you ingest.. whole food vitamins are fully absorbed since they are REAL NATURAL vitamins. They don't make you feel sick either if you don't eat when you take them. I order mine from Swanson Vitamins. I also take Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Yellowdock, and Alfalfa for natural Iron boosters, since I was once diagnosed as anemic and they're also great for pregnancy with many other benefits.
Blessings!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

hi again... the food stamps... can you tell me a bit about it?

How do you pay your bills? Rent? things like that. Buy clothes?

I don't mean to pry but I just don't know anything at all about the USA welfare system.

cheers

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

hi again... the food stamps... can you tell me a bit about it?

How do you pay your bills? Rent? things like that. Buy clothes?

I don't mean to pry but I just don't know anything at all about the USA welfare system.

cheers

With money, sometimes trade. I try to always produce something of worth. I generally shop at Thrift Stores, I avoid Wal*Mart like the plague, and I didn't pay rent. I lost my house. I'm living with someone else now trying to get right side up on bills.

For now it works out mutually because my Father in Law's business was hit pretty hard by the recession and the lack of hurricanes (he's in printing and signing) so we're all struggling. At least one of us gets to keep our house. We decided that since they were older, and had more invested into it, we would give up our house and now I am helping with the house note.
edit on 2011/8/15 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

To the post below, I already discussed most of that in the thread. As much of my persona finances as I'm willing to discuss over the internet have been discussed. I get a very limited amount of disability compensation from the government, and food stamps. That's it.
edit on 2011/8/15 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

house note? = mortgage? I am in Australia so different terminology.

so all the gov give you is stamps you can buy food with. Now your living with your family...so obviously you can't pay rent with the stamps. Can you cash them in for money? Or do thrift shops accept stamps?

Seems very limited. How much do you get and how often?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
there's also programs to help with rent, electricity (heat), childcare, medical care, and a few needs probably that I haven't thought of at this spur of the moment. if a person's income is low enough, he can qualify for rent, food stamps, and the other programs, and even get cash if his income is low enough still, I think....

the real poor in this country are the ones who are working, but earning just over their limits....
that's where you get families trying to live on $30 a week for food, or going without medical care, or not being able to afford a warm place to lay their head down!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Try liver for anemia.
It's better. More iron.

Dangerous if you are pregnant these days apparently. Too much Vitamin A I think, It was ok back in the days before preg vit supplements and fortified foods. Still it's a great meal once baby's born. Lambs liver is my favourite, cheap and not so bitter as others.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I can't believe the amount of people slamming you for things you've already addressed in the first couple of pages.
People just assume you're a scrounger who can't keep his d*ck in his pants, and don't bother to read anything you've said.

I'm not in the US, but I think what you are doing and how you are doing it is commendable. Living a healthy lifestyle can be hard enough even without benefits, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being frugal, or planning meals. Good luck with your medical issues, and I truly hope you manage to find your own feet again in time.
Enjoy your steak and veggies, it sounds like you more than deserve them!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by Paschar0

I'm currently taking Milk Thistle, Vitamin E (800 units so 2 pills), and Vitamin B12.

My liver doctor actually told me to take Vitamin E, and my research led me to B12 for energy and Milk Thistle for the liver. I'll look into these other compounds. I've got a shoulder surgery coming up and I'm waiting to hear from my doctor as I may need to be put on something like a morophine drip because I can't take pain killers.

The sad part is that I didn't want to get addicted from the start so I opted to take Tramadol + Tylenol.

My regimen as prescribed was 400mg Tramadol + 100mg Tylenol every 4-6 hours for three years.

On top of that there was the anti-inflammatories, and psychological meds.

The most damaging for me was the Vicodin(5mg)/Tylenol 500mg 3-4x a day, I also was given Tramadol as an enhancer, with a fatty liver this was just too much for me to process I guess. I'm just glad the liver can actually repair itself somewhat.

I eat lean cuts of red meat (top sirloin is good) and a lot more fish and leafy greens, seemed to help quite a bit.

Just know, most doctors know little or nothing of natural remedies and health, even if you're lucky enough to have found one that does in the VA system, research stuff yourself in google and add "-.com" makes it easier.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join