It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Buy 1lb T-Bone Steaks With My Food Stamp Card

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
dosnt sound too healthy... who cares. sounds like you should be planting some veggies in your yard
edit on 14-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: manners and decorum

not trying to be overly rude, just a vegetarians POV, sorry if it seems rude. Im on SSDI myself with a few of the same things you where diagnosed with. dosnt stop me from buying a 1.5TB HD for 60$ every now and then though...
edit on 14-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

I was going to suggest the same thing. Not directed at the OP specifically, but to everyone in general. The way things are going these days, everyone should be growing a vegetable garden (those without the room can container garden). People like to pay for organic food when they don't have to. They can pay a fraction of the cost just by growing their own.

And because there are going to be people who say "How do you get protein?", I will just say this. You don't need protein. You need amino acids. Our bodies break down protein in order to utilize the amino acids contained within it. Our bodies have a hard time breaking down the protein. However, fruits and vegetables contain all of the amino acids we need, and our bodies do not have to go through all the trouble of breaking down the protein first.

And no, our teeth are not designed to eat meat. We have incisors for tough, stringy, hard, fruits and vegetables (I'd like to see you eat a raw carrot or apple with a mouthful of molars).

As for vitamin B12, if you grow root crops such as carrots, beets, and turnips, you will get all of the B12 you need. B12 is actually a micro-organism, not a mineral. It naturally exists in the soil, and eating said homegrown root crops will supply you with all you need.

That's your health lesson for today. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Hot items are the only things you can't purchase on food stamps.

Post-natural disaster foodstamps (generally running from 1-3 months) do (or even the regular ones, during the same time period) Should know, we had that option post-Katrina and Gustav.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
My opinion, is that if you are an American citizen, you should automatically qualify for food assistance, regardless of income. We should all eat healthy, and it's a much more worth while cause than spending our tax dollars on some of the ridiculous things the U.S. government spends it on. Free food for all Americans (not an unlimited amount per month, but amount determined on number of people, not income) vs. Free death for all American Soldiers in an war that should've never been waged (Afghanistan/Iraq). It's a LOT cheaper to feed everyone than to kill only some.

Considering that the Government subsidizes a lot of food, this would be reasonable. If I'm already paying for it with my tax dollars, it should be free. But at the same time, I don't want to do it this way either.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
1. When you're truely qualified for foodstamps, I do not care what you legally buy with them.

2. If we were still on the same system where it was food that they gave you instead of vouchers, the meat would be a no-go.

3. If/when these are no longer available, and if you are still in need, contact a church that is into taking care of needs in the community. Some of the smallest congregations do some of the most amazing things.

4. Go to the Dollar Tree stores. If they have a freezer section (most do), they will have 1/4 lb packs of scallops for a dollar a piece. It is not Gulf seafood, and 2 of them in an alfredo dish would serve 5 easily. Can give you a less-fat way of making the same alfredo that they make at Olive Garden.

5. I wish we wern't as a country doing foodstamps at all. I would far rather neighbor take care of neighbor, but that's not likely to fly anytime soon. Too much fear of people going back to Christianity.

edit on 14-8-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: forgot a word.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
your gonna die an early death of colon cancer with that diet anyway... who cares. sounds like you should be planting some veggies in your yard

not trying to be overly rude, just a vegetarians POV, sorry if it seems rude. Im on SSDI myself with a few of the same things you where diagnosed with. dosnt stop me from buying a 1.5TB HD for 60$ every now and then though...

Beef and Broccoli - Okay? Don't judge the man because he's got great taste in red meat - with that list of aches and pains, he can eat whatever he wants. Not trying to overly rude but...

Bacon beats Tofu - Every Time

Maybe one in ten. Keep recommending he eat that way and we won't have that many welfare people to feed. You don't know how to cook tofu (or you would love it) and I had bacon yesterday. It was delightful but a steady diet of it will kill you. The meat does contribute to the aches and pains.

edit on 14-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You think your eating healthy but your not. I like how you said that you would buy store brand products rather name brand products. Name brand is the worse. ALL name brand products have some kind of masonic symbolism as a logo. They are not to be trusted. They produce millions of pounds of food per a year. As apposed to store brands.Even then, most store brands are not quality food either. That cheap t-bone is not healthy. I would never buy processed meat. They give the animals a bunch of crap witch ends up getting stored in their fat and muscle. They feed them GMO grained food, witch study's show will make most of the human race infernal in 2 generations. ALL PROCESSED FOODS ARE BAD! They all have cancer causing chemicals. Like sodium phosphate, as well as your meat. Its a depopulation program. FOR YOUR KIDS SAKE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some more research on GMO foods and processed foods.

The way I look at it, if you have a Ferrari your not going to put cheap gas in it. The human body is the Ferrari of this planet, why would you put junk in it? Once you start eating fresh foods, processed crap will start to taste like cardboard. You can eat healthy and afford it. I do, you just have to know what to look for.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Good, men who have served their country well and are now suffering the consequences of said service DESERVE government assistance and to buy whatever the hell they please with said assistance. Here's to the best recovery possible for you and your wife, brother. The only part about this whole situation that would bother me is if you cook those t-bones anywhere past medium.

Take care man, best of luck to you and yours.
edit on 14-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have to make some input here.

Firstly, I'm all for what the OP is doing. I was on food stamps not too long ago and did the same damn thing. Ate VERY well without abusing the "free money", 3 people with a $300/mo limit and we always had a little left over at the end of the month, and we ate like normal Americans should because we shopped wisely.

Now we're making just a little bit over the margin so we're off the stamps and now we have no choice but to eat the cheapest of the cheap crap and we are a lot more hungry. We usually have to go to the grocer 2-3 times a week with any extra money we can spare just to make sure we can pay our bills week to week. Shopping wisely isn't an option when you don't have much of a choice with what you can buy.

That all being said, I really respected OP at first, but the more I read his posts in this thread, the more I saw his arrogance. I'm no religious man, I don't believe in fairy tales but I do believe in the 7 Deadly Sins and Pride is certainly a killer no matter what the situation. Your sh*t stinks just like the rest of us OP. That is all I have to say about that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

well, it;s the Americas way to tell you 'We love you and sorry for you plight' ..I don't have a issue with this.. the issue I have is

The illegals doing it .. ~!! and getting away with it..

anyways..

My suggestion...

☼ Ground Beef (Tube) - $2.00 / lb

STOP buying you hamburger from a tube.. !! LOL.. seriously .. why are you buying meat that you can't inspect; if your already buying meat that you CAN inspect??

I tell my wife 1000x ... do NOT buy Tube hamburger......you can't see what your buying regardless of how cheap it is..

I NEVER eat it when she buys it.. and I always look for discount 80% lean or better and will ALWAYS buy it.. because I can see what I"m buying
because then I'm buying MEAT .. not fat

but I definitely want to come over and have din din .. at least once LOL

edit on 14-8-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Try liver for anemia.
It's better. More iron.

and spinach, fresh is best, as a salad or lightly wilted (not over cooked)

liver and sauteed onions are a great classic dish.

cheaper than a t-bone and be sure to cook it no more than MED.(and you won't get that smell)

it takes just a little work to get rid of the tough "skin".

calves liver is the best but the price reflects that.

edit on 14-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You really think you should be having kids when you can't support them? Doesn't make much sense to me actually its downright irresponsible if you ask me..
As for all that meat you're eating, its destroying your digestive system and my guess is you are #ting bricks maybe once a day if you're lucky.
Word of advice take vitamins eat raw fresh veggies, nuts, fruits with a little meat(cooked of course) . Drink plenty of water and exercise. You will feel better and trust me all that damn meat is doing is hurting you.

peace
edit on 14-8-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i proudly pay taxes every time just because i know it goes to fixing our roads and feeding the nation and arming our forces thank you for saying thank you

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'd also like to say DON'T have kids if you cannot afford them! You're gonna mess them up living like that teaching them its ok to not have a job and just live off government aid. This crap is already out of hand in America and people just don't give a damn anymore. And this is why we are in a severe trouble cause the masses are to busy living off government and they can't help themselves or protect themselves they just sit, eat, sleep and collect there food stamps every months like this is the right thing to do.

They're many alternatives to food stamps, there are churches all over who have food pantrys and they're more than happy to assist in feed you and your children, but the main thing you have to do is get a damn job and a education. I know my library has free online classes for almost every subject out there. If you are sitting on your ass and doing nothing but collecting gov aid every month you damn sure aren't actively searching for work. People need to step up and do what is right if we are ever to get this country back on its feet, but with people like I just described above are the majority then who knows maybe we are just wasting our time here and its high time we moved on and left the "gov aid people" to rot.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey Soldier. As far as I am concerned, you worked and put in to the system and are just getting it back. Not like you are some ghetto turd your whole life. *salutes*

Deeb

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
I'd also like to say DON'T have kids if you cannot afford them! You're gonna mess them up living like that teaching them its ok to not have a job and just live off government aid. This crap is already out of hand in America and people just don't give a damn anymore. And this is why we are in a severe trouble cause the masses are to busy living off government and they can't help themselves or protect themselves they just sit, eat, sleep and collect there food stamps every months like this is the right thing to do.

They're many alternatives to food stamps, there are churches all over who have food pantrys and they're more than happy to assist in feed you and your children, but the main thing you have to do is get a damn job and a education. I know my library has free online classes for almost every subject out there. If you are sitting on your ass and doing nothing but collecting gov aid every month you damn sure aren't actively searching for work. People need to step up and do what is right if we are ever to get this country back on its feet, but with people like I just described above are the majority then who knows maybe we are just wasting our time here and its high time we moved on and left the "gov aid people" to rot.

Right because everyone LOVES
government assistant.

Everyone does not want a job
and everyone wants to live on the dole.

Because on the dole, you get to take the bus,
live next to drug dealers, eat crappy food, and
listen to ass holes who have something to live for
complain about how your living so good with a
tv and a computer..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Just saying people need to get off there self pity trip and get a damn job.

I never said anything about dole or whatever you're talking about. I said churches that have food pantrys are more than willing to assist you with food till you can get back on your feet. Living month to month off government aid and nothing else is what is wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's bad enough living in a police state, but I'm really tired of the food police too.

Especially with so many people just trying to survive these days!
I'm trying to survive without going on govt. assistance though we qualify for it.
I have a garden. 3 weeks ago got a ton of free feta cheese at Kroger.
Yesterday 7 bottles of olive oil at CVS for .55 and today a ton of imitation crab meat for 50 cents a pack.

When i get through this I might write a cookbook. lol
"Crazy Recipes Developed During the Great NoT-Depression of 2011"

I'm not a Christian. I don't want to go to a church for 'food.' I want to take care of my SELF and my OWN.

And as for telling folks to get a job, you might want to look at the statistics. 1 job for every 5 people looking? And it's much, much worse than that in some areas. Like mine.
edit on 14-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
SBCTINFANTRY

oh oh, YOU HAVE TO find a way to put METHYL B-12 in your budget. not normal B-12. it has to be METHYL B-12. another name for it is, methylcobalamin. take this from a gulf war syndrome survivor. normal B-12 will not work. btw, i wasn't in the military. gws is contagious.

all those things you mention, i'm almost positive, are the result of mycoplasmic infection reprogramming your body's neurons to malfunction, misfire, give the wrong instructions and eventual destruction of the neurons (nerves) which results in fatigue and symptoms that are a dead ringer for Lymes disease (gws and lymes are both connected to mycoplasmic infections).

in addition it effects how the pituitary functions, resulting in overload/underload of necessary hormones, some of which are associated with things like ovulation, libido, sperm production, and insulin production. it's like a microscopic army invasion. what methyl B-12 does is regenerate the nerves that have died or are in disrepair, resulting in relief for the other symptoms (et.al, the arthritis and etc)

the story of how this came to be known is connected to a doctor who discovered that methyl b-12 could be used to help autistic children, who had from birth, been unable to convert normal b-12 into its methyl form. as a result, with normal wear and tear on nerves, when the nerves died, the body had no fuel to regenerate because it lacked the necessary ingredient. so he started treating patients with this methyl b-12 and found that it worked, with the pleasant side effect of also curing diabetic neuropathy. diabetics have the same problem on a much smaller scale, et.al, they aren't converting normal b-12 into its methyl form, resulting eventually in destruction/non-replacement of aging/dead neurons.
edit on 14-8-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
reply to post by hillynilly

Just saying people need to get off there self pity trip and get a damn job.

Just saying this guy is disabled... I am sure
he would love to.
I'm sure people would like to work why don't you
create a business and hire someone...

No your not, your trolling
and got put in your place...

edit on 14-8-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Sounds like you could use another kid like you could use a hole in the head. When people can't afford them why don't they stop..wait until they can afford them? When I had my second my husband got a vasectomy..easy thing to do so our kids had a better life and we never needed anyone else to feed them.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join