It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds (And the death of journalism as we know it)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by buster2010
Wow C's and D's he's raising the bar for the regressives. One should ask themselves what did he do to offend the lord to receive grades such as this? Why is it that people think just because your a half wit governor from Texas you can be president? Oh yeah that's right because it actually worked last time. I would like to see Obama grades though because he did teach at University of Chicago Law School with Perry's grades he can look forward to teaching at obedience school.

Bush and Perry have at least been to college. Losers like Washington, Lincoln, and Jackson never even finished.

Nine US presidents didn't finish college.

Nine American presidents never went to college, including such great presidents as George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, (although Lincoln was accepted to the bar and practiced law, he was largely self-taught) and even the 20th century president who won the war against Japan, Harry S. Truman. The others are Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, Zachary Taylor, Millard Fillmore and Grover Cleveland. In fact, the 17th president of the United States, Andrew Johnson, never went to school at all. His wife taught him to read and write.

But you just keep on with the love for Obomb 'em. He still has a country to ruin, an economy to destroy, Middle Easterners to murder, and freedoms and liberties to take away. He needs at least one more term to finish what he started.

/TOA

Did you ever stop to think things were a little different a couple of hundred years ago than they are now? Was it Obama started the wars in the middle east? Or have you regressives finally deluded yourselves into thinking he did? Please list the liberties and freedoms Obama has taken away. Seeing how things like the patriot act, bailing out wall street was done under the last regressive that was in office I would say you republicans are doing a fine job of destroying this country.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Rick Perry is about as dumb as a bag of rocks, he's just a puppet being played out.
I rather have some dude from Kenya as president.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So...Rick Perry got c's and d's in college.....(big deal)...to me that means he just didn't study as hard as he could have; it doesn't mean he is not intelligent or did not improve himself over time.

When I was in high school I got d's and c's....but when I got to college...I applied myself and really studied and got straight A's.....my gpa 3.9.

My point...someone can be smart and get low grades.....in the scheme of things...sometimes...low grades...are just that...low grades.

edit on 14-8-2011 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 14-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by RunningFromSpider
Like how they poked fun at Obama about his birth certificate because he doesn't "look" American enough? And his name doesn't "sound" American?

Who cares.
And who says he doesn't look American enough? If this is going to be a race-thing, then leave.
If they can dig up college transcripts and make judgements on potential leadership based on grades in college, then it should be applied evenly.

Yup, hell lets look at all the candidates grades lol. That's a good point. matter of fact, who is digging up records on all of our government? Seems to me, when people start poking around at histories, congressman start resigning. I wonder why? Second, if people have such an issue with Obamas past, why wasnt all of this information taken in by the people before they elected him?

So the op makes a good point. Screw the polls, screw the bias go poke around and see what comes up. Find out who you are voting for. On that note, thanks to the people putting info together on Perry.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Rick Perry is about as dumb as a bag of rocks, he's just a puppet being played out.
I rather have some dude from Kenya as president.

ewww, dont bother voting man, and dont bother bitching when things go south.

Pay attention kids, This is exactly the type of attitude no one should have during polling/election time.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by beezzer

So...Rick Perry got c's and d's in college.....(big deal)...to me that means he just didn't study as hard as he could have; it doesn't mean he is not intelligent or did not improve himself over time.

When I was in high school I got d's and c's....but when I got to college...I applied myself and really studied and got straight A's.....my gpa 3.9.

My point...someone can be smart and get low grades.....in the scheme of things...sometimes...low grades...are just that...low grades.

edit on 14-8-2011 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 14-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately Perry did not apply himself and he is sub intelligent too...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Pay attention kids, This is exactly the type of attitude no one should have during polling/election time.

Right... I want be voting, to think you really have choice is a joke...
Oh yeah, the list of candidates is a joke too.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by Nephalim

Right... I want be voting, to think you really have choice is a joke...
Oh yeah, the list of candidates is a joke too.

Flat tires get cars no where, really fast.

Lets go make it your vote matter

edit on 14-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

You don't leave much room for a response lol..
so here here you go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4af0892cf00.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 14-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You're posting that based on one election you feel might have been rigged. Am I right?

Bush vs Gore? or the thought that, that one election you think might have been rigged has carried on since Washington was President? It's either that or you are stuck in the past and cant move on. Which is it?

edit on 14-8-2011 by Nephalim because: Love the edit function

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I normally don't like doing individual break-downs, but there was so much wrong in your post that I must.

Originally posted by buster2010
Did you ever stop to think things were a little different a couple of hundred years ago than they are now?

Truman was not a couple of hundred years ago. History is fun if you bother to learn it.

Was it Obama started the wars in the middle east? Or have you regressives finally deluded yourselves into thinking he did?

No, but he seems to gleefully be perpetuating them. He's had 3 years to stop murdering the citizens of sovereign nations whose only apparent crime is being olive-complected. Yet he has not only not brought our troops home, he is increasing hostilities in other nations like Yemen. I thought Progressives revered life, equality, and peace? Guess I was wrong. BTW: Where are those people carrying signs calling him a murderer, or warmonger? They were out in droves protesting Bush.

Please list the liberties and freedoms Obama has taken away. Seeing how things like the patriot act, bailing out wall street was done under the last regressive that was in office I would say you republicans are doing a fine job of destroying this country.

Supporting and refusing to repeal the Patriot Act is same the thing as implementing it. He had a chance to kill it, yet he extended it. He didn't vote for the wall street bailouts, but he gave GM and Chrysler huge bags of cash. Isn't it Progressives who whine and moan about capitalism destroying the world and capitalists eating babies? Your Progressive god sure seems happy to support them.

Fascists like Bush and Obama have not only ruined this country, they are ruining others, as well. They both support the wonton murder of the people of the Middle East and Africa, the taking of Americans' freedoms and liberty, the militarization of America, corporatist policies, a fascist state, and elitist attitudes.

And I guess reading isn't on your list of priorities. Just above my avatar it states pretty clearly that I'm not a Republican. Nor am I a TEA Party supporter. I am a Libertarian. Libertarians are the true freedom fighters of America, and until you Obomb 'em lovers, Perry sycophants, Pelosi/Reid boot lickers, and Palinophiles cease to exist, you are enemies of America. You're all wolves in the fold, and I'm a civilian sheepdog, my friend.

/TOA
edit on 14-8-2011 by The Old American because: Grammar mistake. Added "cease to".

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

But you just keep on with the love for Obomb 'em. He still has a country to ruin, an economy to destroy, Middle Easterners to murder, and freedoms and liberties to take away. He needs at least one more term to finish what he started.

/TOA

You still talking about Bush???

Hey, you can try to run Bush again, but I bet Perry will finish what Bush started just fine.

"Still talking about Bush"? Maybe in a "can he still be tried for treason and war crimes" capacity. Seriously, what in my post history could make you possibly believe that I could be a Bush supporter?

No, buddy, I was talking about our current Dictator. The one that won't repeal any of Bush's policies of murder, fascism, warmongering...you know, all those things that Democrats revile, but not enough to do anything about.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

True Republicans Vote Libertarian..........................

Star for you!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I am a Libertarian. Libertarians are the true freedom fighters of America, and until you Obomb 'em lovers, Perry sycophants, Pelosi/Reid boot lickers, and Palinophiles exist, you are enemies of America. You're all wolves in the fold, and I'm a civilian sheepdog, my friend.

/TOA

You sure call people names like a republican. You just said anyone who disapproves of any Republican, and you specifically named Sarah Palin, is an enemy of America. How delusional are you people? To be a libertarian you must support republicans and hate democrats? That's a hard-line republican stance.
Seriously, you just said people who disapprove of Palin are enemies of America...that's a delusion, man.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Geez almighty.

It's really interesting how the folks in the media were able to dig up Perry's college transcript in one day, yet these same people can't seem to find Obama's.

How long has it been now, four years?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I am a Libertarian. Libertarians are the true freedom fighters of America, and until you Obomb 'em lovers, Perry sycophants, Pelosi/Reid boot lickers, and Palinophiles exist, you are enemies of America. You're all wolves in the fold, and I'm a civilian sheepdog, my friend.

/TOA

You sure call people names like a republican. You just said anyone who disapproves of any Republican, and you specifically named Sarah Palin, is an enemy of America. How delusional are you people? To be a libertarian you must support republicans and hate democrats? That's a hard-line republican stance.
Seriously, you just said people who disapprove of Palin are enemies of America...that's a delusion, man.

I have corrected my post by adding "cease to" before "exist", which I had omitted. Read it again with that added. Does that make it more clear for you? Republicans and Democrats are both enemies of America, as they have both subscribed to the same philosophy of ruination, just by different methods. But both are the same side of the fascist, corporatist coin.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, we know Obama graduated from Harvard Law School with a J.D. magna cum laude, and this is what Harvard says about their degree system:

In order to graduate magna cum laude, students must be recommended for "highest honors" or "high honors" by their concentration, have a grade point average that puts them in the top 20% of all students recommended for "highest honors" or "high honors," and have not been recommended for a degree summa cum laude.

So can't we just assume his grades from that? Regardless, I don't see the point really. I graduated with a 3.9 but that in no way makes me capable of running a nation. On the other hand, I have a buddy who never went to college who can run circles around me when it comes to understanding, building, and fixing electronics. College is for specialization, and last I checked, there's no World Leader curriculum. Education, alone, does not make wise men.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Don't really care if Perry got Ds and Fs, he would be better than Obama. On the other hand Obama would be better than Paul regardless of grades.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Media died with Cronkite, my friend....

I miss him.....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

D in Economics No kidding...

C in US History

F in Chemistry

Lots of Ds and Cs...

And as far as "where is Obama's transcript"

(a) It's funny that you actually attempt to derail your own thread off-topic in your own Opening Post!

That might be a first! Just couldn't wait for someone to actually post about the subject of you OP before you looked to change the subject?

(b) Rick Perry didn't release these transcripts and likely he never would have

Evidently someone volounteered them to the Huffington Post....likely either an educator or family member who would have access to the docs who is terrified that someone that dumb is actually running for President.

Lastly...notice his name on the Transcripts is "James R. Perry"???? Not Rick? Hmmmm...

Isn't this where folks leaning right delve into super conspiracies about how he has different names and multiple identities? Or does that not apply to white GW clones from Texas.

Carry on with the nonsense...........Our political system needs good humor and Rick Perry and his supporters are good for the soul! Speaking of...did you hear the one where Rick Perry declared the BP Oil Spill an "act of God"?

What fun.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join