It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop seeing with your eye and start perceiving with your mind..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've had two occasions within just the past few months where I experienced a sort of rude awakening to everything around me.

Life made sense.. But it wasn't pleasant.

In February I had an experience where I truly believed I had died and was in hell and discovered that hell was as much a reality as heaven. However, my hell was nothing more than the reality i was in hell. Time slowed down. My entire life was nothing more than a twisted rhyme in my head that sickly narrated everything I did and had done. It was the most terrifying experience I've ever had.

Needless to say, after I had come down, I was a wreck for a while. For the first few days, I didn't know what to make of it. A week later, I realized I just felt big. I felt bigger than the world. I felt like I was connected to everything and everyone. I felt like the universe. I started seeing the emotions in people before they had the chance to speak. I felt in tune with all.

This lasted for a week or two and then I slowly began returning to.. well... me.

A few months later (a few hours ago) I had the same experience. Except this time I was more prepared. I was aware of the possibility of something like it happening again. I wasn't as afraid. I took the opportunity to gather more information than I had previousli - to take it all in. And I realized...

I think that we can manifest a hell on earth.

We have the ability to either turn our life into a living nightmare, or to live in a way that promotes love and happiness.

This second experience was almost identical to the initial encounter. I understood life. I understood everyone I had ever known. I knew that many were aware of what I was going through and had experienced it themselves before. I knew that I was creating my own hell on earth through the actions of myself on a day-to-day basis. And I also realized that it doesn't have to be this way..

You might know exactly what I'm talking about; you may think I need a psychiatrist; you also might just think I should lay off marijuana. But whatever you think about this, I have only one thing to say:

You may not have experienced it yet. It may not happen for many years. For all I know you may never experience it at all. But I honestly believe that heaven and hell are just as much a reality as earth. And hell on earth is one place you never..never.. want to go.

Thoughts?
edit on 14-8-2011 by Staxxem because: grammerz

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
My thoughts are that I have had lots and lots of "occasions" in the past and totally know what you are saying about seeing life in a new way. I had a real eye opener back when I was 14 but I never looked at my life the same way. It was as if a part of me died. Then several years later on 7/20/07, I had a religious experience like no other. I had a vision of hell and it was not pretty. Needless to say I was scared straight and decided that was no way to live anymore. It's tough dealing with the destruction of self...and yet still retaining emotion, very odd....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
when I was a kid, I told the Priest, "there is no heaven and hell like the one in the bible, only the one we can choose to make here on earth", still true to this day, and from a child. I'd been told that I was wrong for believing that, but now I know.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't consider the destruction of every day life crap as hell, but I do understand why most perceive it like that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
When you start doing that.........sometimes it can be called Schizophrenia. I'm not what they lovingly call schizo but when I stopped doing that after I got on conspiracy sites. My life has became empty, seriously empty. All I would've needed anymore was a gasmask and the statement "Are you my mummy ?" I've been gone mentally for a while, I don't even know what's stopping me from killing myself.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

You are right on the mark. If you adjust your perspective in any situation, you alter that experience. Forget the rules of this world, what society tells you, you must feel in any given circumstance. Change the rules of your life and you change the world. Heaven on Earth is possible but it is all within our minds. Love, peace, and truth should take front stage in our vision of the world and we could literally bring heaven to Earth. Check all your thoughts and compare with those three concepts. So many things in this world are lies. Lies in the sense that we are manipulated to feel and act according to some standard that has been assigned. Reject this standard and embrace those three concepts in our daily actions, in every decision we make, and the world will change in an instant.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

Your story is pretty good, though it doesn't quite measure up to your title.

Perception is an important part of improved understanding, but ideally you don't perceive "with" anything. You just perceive.

And the point really is: How do you get more people up to the point where they can just perceive and know that their perceptions are correct? It's no minor feat for the average person. Many people can't even see the contents of their own minds, and have absolutely no experience telling the difference between true and false perceptions. They do all their perceiving through their bodies and they are convinced that this is the only possible way for them to perceive anything. Doing drugs is a dangerous way to try to change the situation, because it usually results in rather uncontrolled bursts of random mental content just rushing in on the person. So though it can increase an awareness that the mind is full of all sorts of unusual content, it seldom results in the person feeling like he has more control over his perceptions.

A real and lasting increase in ability in this area takes a lot of work and practice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staxxem
I've had two occasions within just the past few months
i was in hell. Time slowed down. My entire life was nothing more than a twisted rhyme
A week later, I realized I just felt big. I felt bigger than the world. I felt like I was connected to everything

Rather classic symptoms of bipolar disorder.
Unlike you, I dont recommend everyone try it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

could it be that is where intuition might play a part???

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Many false promises are made by those whom must make excuses before thier judgement.
edit on 14-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

I mean no offence, but I think it would be a good idea to get your head sorted out, just to rule out things like tumours and such.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

A few guys that I chatted with that were deep into 'recreational' activities told me I experienced an ego death.. I know what you mean though man.. That first time scared the # out of me.

reply to post by yourmaker

Up until February of this year I had never believed in a God. I had lots of exposure to religion through the private school system and friends, but as a kid I always thought it was some form of brainwashing.. I still think organized religion is a money driven organization just like any other big business out there, but I definitely have a different outlook towards God..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

I don't necessarily see living a bad life or in a bad situation as hell on a day-to-day basis. It's not so much that hell is ever-present.. It's more like it is a mindset you can manifest for yourself.. However, that's not to say if you don't play the game by the rules you'll eventually find yourself in a place much more terrifying than any mindset..

reply to post by Heartisblack

Man.. I know exactly what you mean about feeling empty. After that event in February I was in a state of complete depression for a couple months.. I stayed at home, didn't do anything, didn't talk to anyone.. Lost my friends, quit my job, and did nothing but crawl ATS for similar stories and question my existence on this Earth. A few times I thought I would never be able to crawl out of the hole I had dug for myself, and had even thought of the ramifications of something as drastic as suicide.. But in the end I decided that if I can't even understand the reality I'm living in now, I definitely don't want to roll the dice with death. I hope you can see the positive and stay strong man.

I only had time to reply to a few, but I'll definitely get back to you guys when I'm back. Thanks for the constructive replies though guys
edit on 14-8-2011 by Staxxem because: no time

top topics

join