It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI now asking for stores to keep track of customers who pay by cash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

What if you've already taken your loyalty oath? They said I'd be OK at the store when I did mine...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

cash leaves no trace thats why they want the electronic track record.

If you draw $20 out of an ATM that Note's Serial Number is recorded.

When you pay that $20 for an item at a store.....could the cash register be connected to a network to show WHERE you used that serial numbered note and for WHAT?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

reply to post by Cryptonomicon

all i know is stupid is as stupid does and the us federal government is the epitomy of that statement.

anyones a terrorist thesedays dont have guns but they can sell guns to mexico dont prepare dont do anything that makes oneself self reliant.

i see the pattern and the only thing that makes since is the government wants us to die!

gives creedance to the 2012 prophecy!!!!!!!!

i cant make sense of anything these days and i have been saying this alot lately cause its true.

the world has gone stupid and its only getting more stupid!

Why would the government want us to die, that makes no sense. They cant make money or rule a people if the people they make money and rule are dead....

Your argument fails logic.

He's right and it does pass the logic test... It's called "Eugenics."

Been around since the 1700's AFAIK.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

cash leaves no trace thats why they want the electronic track record.

If you draw $20 out of an ATM that Note's Serial Number is recorded.

When you pay that $20 for an item at a store.....could the cash register be connected to a network to show WHERE you used that serial numbered note and for WHAT?

Sure it could, but the entire world would need new cash registers with scanners and a sweet ass program with a character recognition system... All for naught -- since I can withdraw monies and give them to another person in a private transaction... then they'd be tracking the wrong person.

But yeah, theoretically it's plausible.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There is no love left in the world, it's very sad. It's also scary what is going on around us, it feels like there is way more to the picture than what we see. Many things don't make any sense in the news, it seems that rioting and other crimes are being provoked to see who participates. People across the world are peed off and they are going crazy. We just want to live happily, without having to work so hard for it. We see pictures of the world and want to go there, we see advertisements for "Happy Water World" and want to go there, and the people who do go there know how lucky they really are, so they taunt you with it so you work harder to get there to realize your still behind, so you work harder as your family evolves around you...

It has to stop, we need to spend money on making cities beautiful during the holidays, spend money hiring greeters and have them go around the town singing or something. We need a change, we all aren't that bad of people, actually we're about all the same.

In 1000 years I feel sociology will still be looking back on the foolishness, and complete failure of modern civilization between the years 1900-2010 wondering what was going through our minds. Perhaps we have already changed the world with pollutants so badly we can't notice everyone of us is in a state of delusional psychosis.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This actually explains alot. About 2 months ago I went to a surplus store and purchased a few empty ammo buckets, a collapsable shovel, a rope saw and several other "Survival" items and when I went to pay, the guy asked to see an ID and I ask why? He says, "we like to keep in contact with of all of our new customers". I state that I am not a new customer and he responds by saying "Oh, so you're already in the system. Can I have your name?" I say "No and I'm not interested in being in any system. If that poses a problem I can certainly take my business elsewhere." He got a funny look on his face, rang up my stuff and bagged it while I pulled out cash.

Now, to be fair they might be interested in sending out mailings and such. BUT... I've shopped in this store dozens of times and have never had that happen. The last time I was there was about a year ago - no problem then. Makes me wonder if was coincidence or purposeful???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join