It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI now asking for stores to keep track of customers who pay by cash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Emergency preparedness manual
Portable, battery-operated radio or television and extra batteries
Flashlight and extra batteries
Knife
Compass
Matches in a waterproof container
Waterproof storage containers
Maps

So, basically, we're looking for these guys:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

From www.mreinfo.com: according to this FAQ on the DSCP website: www.dscp.dla.mil... "retired military can purchase MREs from their local commissary. If your local commissary does not sell MREs, you can ask them to do so, as they are eligible to purchase them from us."

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There are two categories - military and commercial - I seriously doubt you *don't know that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Isn't that kinda like taking a picture of the Ketchup containers made specifically for restaurants which clearly state Not For Resale, and saying Ketchup must be illegal for normal folk to buy?

The mass market version of these are Heater Meals (That is the box name)..same company that makes MRE's and by direct order, anyone can by the fancy Heater Meal or MRE in bulk quantity. They both served me well on many an occasion while driving a truck.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mileysubet

Your argument fails logic.

if i had a dollar everytime someone tried to use that line id be "Rich" and ats would make threads about how they all hate me.

the arguement doesnt fail for these reasons.

and one self reliant doesnt need to government to rule them so what do they do? they regulate they legistate and they creat the nazi youth so to speak to rat out people who plan and prepare for their owns needs.

now in any other world that would make perfect sense but we live in this world and anyone who doesnt need the government they cant have the government has got to come in and save the day!!

ban guns only the feds have them. ban survivial supplies only the government will have them and when your standing there cold wet and starving with your hands out you will do anything for something to eat something to keep you warm etc.

its all about power the more power you have the less power government has and they cant allow that.

I would not hate you for being successful. In this case you failed to quote the "failed logic" post that I questioned. You chose to leave out much of your original post.

The post I quoted was a failure in logic as you posted it. Re post it and do not twist and distract with subject distorting dialog....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

A: We, the Defense Supply Center Philadelphia (DSCP), are not permitted to sell the Meal, Ready-to-Eat (MRE) or any of our Operational Rations meal programs to the general public. We are only allowed to sell the MRE and other rations to Federally funded activities.

in the same pdf

lol people break that law all the time you can find lots on ebay

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

yes i do know that and commerical mres suck from what i hear military mres are far superior.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sounds like seeing a hurricane in a teacup to me. If you're someone preparing a BOB/SHTF bag, I seriously doubt the FBI will care about you. Only way I see information like this being acted on is if the purchasing party has other circumstances surrounding them requiring investigation. There needs to be more context of possible terrorist activities for them to care in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i think every walmart and camping store should sell them

i didnt write whats on that label but its there

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lol... I've heard the same thing. People should avoid the MRE's and just go with something like Mtn. House - avoid the bad food and the watch list, 'eh? Two birds with one stone...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
you can also find camping food which is the same as some mre entrees in wal mart

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

yep heard good things about mountain house but considering the op buy camp food with cash

everyone gets tagged by big brother.

edit on 14-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
FUNNY A COMPASS WHY WOULD U NEED A COMPASS???

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
not that im the kinda guy who likes to stir the pot or anything ...but,...i think it might be time for everysingle peson in the entire world who can afford to go and buy some waterproof matches,a few flares maybe some extra water

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The ridiculous thing is that there are alternatives for every single one of these items they list, not to mention the fact that Wal-Mart sells the majority of these things too (and they have self-checkout machines that take cash).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

MRE's are not illegal to own and you can buy the same ones the FEMA distributes from several different US based companies.....

Stop spreading bs when you dont know the answer

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just a little side bar about the waterproof matches...

What's the point of having matches? For the same volume of space taken up by a given number of matches, you can just get a lighter that will give you many many more "lights" before the butane is all gone. And a BIC is basically waterproof. You can pick one up out of a puddle, let it dry, and it will work in a few minutes. Why bother with matches?

Having a bunch of mini-bics, in addition to some fire steel is a much better route to go, than spending a bunch more money on waterproof matches.

Anyway,

What's the point in watching people who buy survival gear? If you are a "terrorist" odds are you aren't planning on surviving, most all of these "domestic terrorists" basically plan to die in the act, or get caught. So why would they need survival gear?

Seems like the long talked about government crackdown on our freedoms is still chugging along, maybe at a greater pace then ever. And people still call us paranoid. No, when I can get put on a "no-fly list" for absolutely nothing, and I can be killed or imprisoned indefinitely by my government for absolutely nothing, I am not paranoid.

reply to post by THEDUDE86

You know I heard you can go to jail for ripping off your mattress tag too LOL

edit on 14-8-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2011 by James1982 because: Oops

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is why riots and looting is essential, its the perfect black op to throw "THE MAN" off

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So what, we have to dress like Neo96's avatar to spend our cash now?!?! Even if the clerk doesn't take note of the cash customer, facial recognition tech could record the transactions.
Makes the whole "you might be a "T" if....joke start to seem less funny and downright offensive.
Man their T list has got be filling volumes at this point.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join