It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most amazing secret in our society - The answer to almost all your questions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oh my goodness this post made me realize that I dated a psychopath too. When we broke up I was dead inside. He made me feel so miserable. He blamed me for everything. I was pretty much dead to him. But at the same time, after only three months of dating I knew him for what he truly was. He was a snake.

I use the snake metaphor because it fit him so well. He was sly with his tongue, and he could manipulate a situation in any which way he pleased. His words were like a bite and they would hurt me emotionally so much that I would sob until I was hyperventilating and after controlling my sobs I could only stare at a wall in complete despondency, like a shell of a person. And after he bit, the words and thoughts would seep into my mind like poison, and eventually I would turn on myself and feel like it was all my fault and there was something wrong with me. When we broke up, I called him a snake and I told him why, and do you know what he said? He agreed, and he gloated over this skill. He called himself a whirlwind and if I made him mad in the slightest I was going to have to pay.

If you've ever read the Dune books, he was a Bene Gesserit, or if you've read the Wheel of Time books he was an Aes Sedai (except he couldn't control his emotions like an Aes Sedai can). These are witches who can control people very easily. A Bene Gesserit can make a man fall to his knees with a single word because they know exactly what that person's weakness is. They have their own prerogative and the ends justify the means. They also appear as very unsympathetic, cutthroat, and never to be trusted in these books. It was basically him to a T, and all of which lines with the qualities of a psychopath.

Luckily that experience with him opened my eyes. It's not that I'm less trusting of people, but I can more easily see people for what they truly are. And I strengthened my will so that their words don't have as strong as an effect as they would have prior to meeting him. I am a proponent for the idea that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. As long as we learn from our mistakes we can come out bigger, better, and stronger.

(edit: another quality of his I feigned to mention was that he treated his best friend very awfully. He would openly mock him. He would constantly destroy his friend's ego. He would belittle him, and at the same time get his best friend to pay for everything for him. Since I was dating him at the time, I didn't feel comfortable questioning him how he could treat his best friend in such a manner. It was quite terrible to see. I was just thinking the whole time, how could his friend put up with that. And then it wasn't until later that I realized if he treats his best friend like that, he will treat me like that. And then it wasn't much longer that I realized I couldn't put up with it either.)

(edit: and I forgot to mention that he told me he was bi-polar, and took meds for that. I'm guessing even on meds for bipolarism a person can still be a psychopath? Would he have to take other meds for that?)

edit on 15-8-2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
You may label me as a psychopath but, the man in the video seems to be a failed man that feels the need to blame the world for his failures.

From what I watched he fits all the key elements that he describes as being psychopathic.

If he was a real psychopath, I doubt very much that he would be conveying any information on a condition that he was suffering from! Also if he did not care as a psychopath he would not care to convey information to protect us from being taken advantage of, through recognition of sed psychopathic individuals! This shows conscious concern
and empathy for the masses of whom he is issueing his warnings to. This would be a genuine emotional response to a danger that is all around us. I would like to know, why specifically, you think he is other than genuine? We need to
work to edjucate ourselves to figure out the best path to fix our crumbling society. If we continue to let people who are either psychopathic or just plain selfish run our world into the ground to gain material possessions then we are on a path which will lead to much inhumane unnecessary suffering and may lead to a total destruction of civilization!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

yeah, thats the diagnostics that a few psychopath receive, bipolar

he was a psychopath

thats another problem with that 4%, with so many misdiagnosis

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
why isn't this in skunkworks?

what a load of absolute pop cocky.

obviously the research or statistics you have relied on has been manipulated so you could waffle on about whatever you want to waffle on about.

Around 4% of the world population, based on studies all over the world by credible organizations, are psychopaths. (it may be bigger, but thats what we know for sure) One in each 22 in the western society.

4% of the world's population!! OMG

one in each 22 in the western soce???

wtfudge does that mean???

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because:

again

research, read papers, then come back and post again

thank you!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I know of at least one famous person who's a psychopath...

Eric Cartman

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
There is another species living among us, that its just like us. If you see them, you think they are exactly like you. If you talk to them, 99% of the time you think they are exactly like you.

But they are not us.

Around 4% of the world population, based on studies all over the world by credible organizations, are psychopaths. (it may be bigger, but thats what we know for sure) One in each 22 in the western society .

Before you stop reading ......

I stopped reading when I realised what a crock of $hite this thread is - when the OP thinks that psychopaths are 'another species'!? 9 pages laready ! FFS! unbelievable.
Humans are all one species 'homo sapiens', unless you're going to explain how these psychopaths have alien DNA, or are sufficiently differenet to the other 96% that they can't interbreed with us then you fail right from the start. what a waste of my time!

edit to add - and it isn't the most amazing secret in our society, and it hasn't answered one, let alone almost all, of any of the questions that I might post in this forum.

edit on 15-8-2011 by CrastneyJPR because: just more reasons why this thread fails.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CrastneyJPR

lol

waste of time?

there are actual people out there that cant feel anything, that are in position of power and decide the direction which we will take, as a society, and you think its not a valid discussion?

off course, its more easy to believe aliens are doing that, than actual science proven things

please, if you think its all bullcrap, why dont you read to the replies on this thread of all people hurt by them in a personal level, is that real enough for you?

Originally posted by phantomjack

reply to post by chr0naut

no

you probably misunderstood the post

thanks for pointing out, I corrected the first post, it wasnt clear enough!! a lot of info, its impossible to keep everything on, thats why, as I state, research yourself, dont take my word over it

a psychopath is only a psychopath if he has the 5 traits

actually you can test it, their brain works differently

the secondary traits, are simply traits, most of us have some of them
edit on 14/8/11 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

Is one of the five traits improper grammar and punctuation? Like, beginning a sentence with a lower case letter and not ending with a period?

and it starts, it didnt take long for our 1/22 friends to show up with attacks, instead of actual debate around the subject

if you came here presenting a paper, that everything said is wrong, ok, but personal attacks?
edit on 15/8/11 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Faiol

I'm confused by the entire topic outlined because I thought psychopaths were considered psychopaths because they could not be predicted? The types outlined seem to be highly predictable. It sounds like those people outlined are the garden variety evil people.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

research more about, thats the whole point of this thread

my job is not to point everything, its just to point that there may be a problem, and everybody should research

you dont need to research the links I pointed, you could do your thing, but I think its important

basically psychopaths have a brain problem, they cant feel empathy, love ... if you show them images of people dying, people happy, their brain state doesnt change, so they are actually not like us

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
psychopath and sociopath is not the same

even a quick search on wikipedia had this to say

Both personality disorders are the result of an interaction between genetic predispositions and environmental factors, but psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental.

but i get what the OP is referring to and that is a "disorder", but id recommend a bit more research before talking about the mind or the brain ,

well, its the same

from wikipedia " The term sociopathy may be preferred by sociologists that see the causes as due to social factors. The term psychopathy may be preferred by psychologists who see the causes as due to a combination of psychological, genetic, and environmental factors"

basically its the same, the truth is that the field is not clear about this, to this day

they still didnt prove the genetics implications of the psychopath brain, so, who knows ...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
reply to post by Faiol

Well I think your numbers are off. All of the symptoms described by the OP are also the same as your average junky or drug addict.

no, these people wouldnt be considered psychopaths

but some sort of proto-psychopath or another new term, basically, they can be treated, they can be fixed, their brain is not wired like psychopaths

reply to post by dantanna

yeah its tough

everybody is being manipulated by these people, directly or indirectly

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by trilogy111
reply to post by Jana12

There is a hard core that don't acknowledge anything is wrong. Yes some are in complete denial and I agree those people that are highly destructive to others should be prevented from making others lives a misery.

No it may not be in our lifetime but we can only hope that in the future there will be greater understanding of these conditions and what causes them. If not they will keep on going until caught and the so called 'functioning' ones will still be prevalent in a less destructive way but just always 'under the radar' in terms of not being criminal so much as emotionally destructive to others. Its a form of low level mental abuse that goes undetected for just long enough to start to bite, by which time a degree of damage is sadly already done.

Sweetheart, there are so many of these "types" who are in stealth mode...they are not "killers" of the physical body, but of the soul...you can spend time with them, and months or years down the road...the light will turn on as to what you are dealing with.

I do not wish this type on any individual -EVER. These people will suck you dry of any emotion you may have.

Once upon a time...I was the kind of person who stood my ground. I never put up with any mans sh*t. It was my way, or the high way.

The man I met in my late 30's changed that about me. He learned all my "triggers"..all my weaknesses...all my trigger points (so to speak)...when he was cheating...and I had a "sense" something was going on...the moment I questioned him...he turned it back on me.

He tried to say, I was questioning his honesty, because I was the one who was being deceptive. HARDLY! Yet he made me feel insecure...unsure of how to approach him. Uneasy asking for what I wanted out the relationship, etc.

NEVER in my life had I been in a relationship such as that one. I still look back, and wonder how the hell I allowed that man to blind me for so many years. I still have no idea.

I am so glad the blinders are off. I am free. I am ready to "heal" myself, move forward..and eventually start to meet others int he future. I don't want to jump into any thing with another person, before I am emotionally healed...

good luck, hope you get well, thanks for your post

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Wow! If everybody who has an ex tries to tell the rest of the world, she is a psycho, then we don't need any other threads here anymore.

Maybe we should add to the list, that psychos use to point their fingers on others?

lol, actually is wrong for you to tell the world someone is psychopath, they will make you like some damaged person or something like that

so, best thing is to just get the 56 out

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lawlb0t
How does this not seem like a modern witch hunt? Its important to educate/inform about 'differences'. But to me this is just another caste system, a system of suppression that has been going on for tens of thousands of years.

it may be wrong to witch hunt

but, people need, at least, to understand that its possible that they are getting damaged by these people

thats the most important thing, but I agree that a witch hunt wouldnt work, and it would be bad for our society

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Nothing good comes from stereo typing people.
We are all different.

You are exactly the type of an individual they are most likely to target. Good luck.

yeah lol

we are different, but, if you dont FEEL anything for anyone, you are completely different, you are an alien in my world

Originally posted by m1991

Originally posted by Jana12
reply to post by m1991

They don't want to change.

Well it's better we force them to change, than to allow them to continue hurting others or merely punish them sadistically.

their brains are different, you cant change it, maybe if they find the genes, they could change it ... who knows

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I call them energy vampires. David Icke calls them Reptilians. Seems like you are poking a stick at a hornets nest here. Watch out... mosquitoes are attracted to light-lol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by mileysubet

LOL

The guy actually wrote a book, and he actually think psychopaths are a good thing to our society, and will help us evolve. He is not a loser whats so ever, the video is just informative on actually science applied on real life.

So, yeah, congrats, your 2 min analysis of the guy is what makes me not read this board anymore.

But whatever, there are always going to be someone hating.

Count me in amongst the haters. That guy really is a loser. Just because he wrote a book doesn't make him right. If you don't read the boards anymore why do you post?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
wow......my last gf was definately a psycopath. I always said so by the cliche of just being a bad person, but the traits outlined in this article say it's actually true.

can't say I'm particularly surprised.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

You remind me of my ex i bet your her.
You will never find much happiness in your fear filled world.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrastneyJPR

There is another species living among us, that its just like us. If you see them, you think they are exactly like you. If you talk to them, 99% of the time you think they are exactly like you.

But they are not us.

Around 4% of the world population, based on studies all over the world by credible organizations, are psychopaths. (it may be bigger, but thats what we know for sure) One in each 22 in the western society .

Before you stop reading ......

I stopped reading when I realised what a crock of $hite this thread is - when the OP thinks that psychopaths are 'another species'!? 9 pages laready ! FFS! unbelievable.
Humans are all one species 'homo sapiens', unless you're going to explain how these psychopaths have alien DNA, or are sufficiently differenet to the other 96% that they can't interbreed with us then you fail right from the start. what a waste of my time!

edit to add - and it isn't the most amazing secret in our society, and it hasn't answered one, let alone almost all, of any of the questions that I might post in this forum.

edit on 15-8-2011 by CrastneyJPR because: just more reasons why this thread fails.

Of course species are determined by various biological factors, the ability to mate and produce viable offspring a key determinant. So in that very literal sense they are not a different species, just not in possession of all the emotional qualities and feeling most of us might associate with being human. Also, in my observations, these suppressive persons, psychopaths as described here, tend to take things very literally and have troubles dealing with abstract and allegorical concepts.

Most of these afflicted folks already are aware of themselves and others that possess similar tendencies along what their impact on society is. No mystery for them.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Xaberz

yeah, thats the diagnostics that a few psychopath receive, bipolar

he was a psychopath

thats another problem with that 4%, with so many misdiagnosis

So he might have been on the wrong sort of meds. I met someone else who told me she took anti-psychotics. But besides being a little quirky and obsessively talked about herself, I don't see how she was psychotic. Then against she took anti-psychotics, so who knows?

Quick question. Are anti-psychotics what you take if you're a psychopath?

Which reminds me of a joke, just to be a little side tracked.

How did the crazy person get through the forest? He took the psycho path. hardy har har!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join