It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most amazing secret in our society - The answer to almost all your questions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So I guess I am one of them then. All of the stuff you mentioned there applies to me. And you are quite right. My whole life has been a struggle between good and bad thoughts, good and bad decisions, good and bad mindsets... Have you any idea what its like to be at war with yourself, with your own mind, throughout your whole life? I am one of the lucky ones though because i choose good over evij. And i make a point of fighting evil, or standing up to it, wherever it crosses my path. Im a good guy but i know that my mind is my greatest enemy and if i dont keep a weary eye on it, it will try to destroy me. Or me me. And there i was thinking im bi-polar or something. I do have one question though: What am I?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

A person!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
why isn't this in skunkworks?

what a load of absolute pop cocky.

obviously the research or statistics you have relied on has been manipulated so you could waffle on about whatever you want to waffle on about.

Around 4% of the world population, based on studies all over the world by credible organizations, are psychopaths. (it may be bigger, but thats what we know for sure) One in each 22 in the western society.

4% of the world's population!! OMG

one in each 22 in the western soce???

wtfudge does that mean???

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Ma'm can you please bend over so I can check your......

This post wil probably be in violation of the T&C but oh well.

Sorry I could not resist that.

We need to start investigating immediately, for the greater good!

But besides that joke, I agree with the OP. There should be laws made for psychopaths not getting "big" jobs.
Then again, that rises the question about equal human right.. But that too is a two edged sword. 0_o

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
what was that again about the instant sleep thing?
oh ok, %$^$$^& I knew it!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by trilogy111
oh yes these people exist. I think they are wired differently, also I think a lot of the criteria overlaps other conditions. But a hard core of people in my opinion fit the term psychopath. There is a formula for profiling that the professionals use which is recognised and used by the police although as has been pointed out they are not always criminals. A lot of them move freely in our society appearing to be functional within it yet are actually extremely dysfunctional and counterproductive to it in many ways

According to Scott Peck, MD, in "People of the Lie" neither the other person nor the self matters to them only self ESTEEM, and so therefore they tend to exert extraordinary amounts of energy and hard work in the pursuit of their position in society and the image of perfection (having nothing else) they relentlessly seek at any and all cost (this where people get hurt) to project to the world. Therfore, they are typically very successful, highly driven, productive, and gravitate directly to positions of power and influence and are, more often than not in some form or another "pillars" of society, or the corporatations they work for or both, and indeed this does explain a LOT as to the ruinous "system" we see all around us nearly everywhere we look. It helps explain the lack of compassion and civility in the world and by "civility" i don't mean good manners.

And let us not forget either that the "elite" view the world from a different vantage point, or so they think, and as such view the rest as little more than cattle, which in and of itself is psychopathic or sociopathic.

edit on 15-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ADEzor

We've certainly seen what they can do as President and Vice President of the uSA, and with Hitler - how many dead bodies they can amass in a relatively short period of time..

edit on 15-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Interesting thread, thank you for the info, i don't seem to possess any, which is good.
5'3,19, 100% Human male.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There are more Narcissists than ever as well as Psychopaths which
i can safely say most people here have had to deal with from evil
relationships. Here is an Author and Narcissist Sam Valkin,which
as surprising as it is, helps people to stear clear from people
like him. His books are all free e-books you can download. I had
another book from another author i don't remember the name but
i'll find it and post for anyone who is interested.

samvak.tripod.com...

That and is also Owner of the Narcissistic Abuse Study Lists and the
Abusive Relationships Newsletter (more than 26,000 members).
edit on 15-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
OK.........

Play around with your fluff topics people, its not like there are IMPORTANT things that deserve your attention...

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP YOUR CHATTER??

Did you know that you can change the world by doing something as small as liking a group on Facebook???

But you all sit here, and cackle like a troop of epileptic orangutangs. #^@&# #&#

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

So this guy seriously believes psychopathic behavior = nonhuman?

For another take on psychopathy, read the (highly interesting) article "In Cold Blood: The Evolution of Psychopathy" in Evolutionary Forensic Psychology; in it, the authors argues that psychopathy, much like every other behavior, evolved as simply another strategy of survival, but very distinct from that of most people.

Link to Google Books

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I fit the description.

What do I do now? Lock myself up?

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Psychopaths can explain almost every freaking conspiracy out there and why they are possible. Why we shouldnt trust everyone, specially governments. I believe you can actually say that they are the cause for most of our problems.

Nice little input there. I like how it's underlined. Sounds to me like he's saying that anybody who is a conspiracy theorist should be treated with caution and may be sub-human and evil.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Dear Faio,
Definately not the most amasing secret in our society, nor the answer to almost all my questions.

Sensational title for the sake of a post about psychopaths = fail

-star and -flag if I could.

T

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Folks, read up! This short article "Twilight of the Psychopaths" by 911 truth activist dr kevin barrett should be required reading when considering and posting on this issue.
www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.” – John Lennon

The only conspiracy that matters is the conspiracy of the psychopaths against the rest of us.

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If that man wrote a book, I'm sitting down this evening and starting my manuscript for my own book!! The traits given, describe ALL OF US in one way or the other ( really broad strokes used to paint the psychopath). Your stats given. 1 in 22 is a psychopath? I'll use my favorite sport as a guide, Ice hockey.

On any given NHL team there's 21 dressed players on the bench, which means one of them is a psychopath? Which means we have 30 psychopaths playing in the NHL. One a team? When one use's such a broad brush to label people, the numbers increase, do they not?

Lieing,cheating,conning,useing, all have been human traits since the dawn of time. Useing your numbers, Jesus and Moses and probally the three wisemen were all psychopaths, not to even mention Jesus's dad, who from my viewpoint ( atheist) was the granddaddy of all psychopaths ( ex) He loves you, yet he will throw you in a lake of fire to burn for all eternity......cause you ate some pork chops.

Levity, it keeps me sane, I think? After reading this post......I'm doubting myself. I will title my book ( I am the 23rd guy).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Another resource for anyone looking into psychopathy.

claims that hereditary factors play a causal role in the genesis of criminal behavior are hardly new. Late 19th- and early 20th-century theories of crime relied heavily on now-discredited beliefs that offenders who manifested hereditary degeneration, which was believed to be apparent by their physiognomy and low intelligence, were responsible for a majority of criminal acts (1). In the 1960s and 1970s men who carried an extra Y chromosome—the so-called XYY syndrome—were thought to be at increased risk of violence, another subsequently disproven contention (2). The latest findings on a connection between genetic predispositions and violent crime, however, are much more sophisticated and are already stirring considerable interest in the legal literature.

A 1993 report in the respected journal Science described a Dutch kindred in which several males exhibited a syndrome of borderline mental retardation and "abnormal behavior, including disturbed regulation of impulsive aggression" (3). They were found to have a complete absence of activity of the enzyme monoamine oxidase A (MAOA), which breaks down many of the brain's key neurotransmitters. Genetic analysis revealed that the affected men carried a mutation on the X chromosome in the gene that codes for MAOA.

A later study looked at both nature and nurture;

researchers were interested in how experiences of maltreatment between the ages of three and 11 years affected the later antisocial propensities of participants with either a high or low MAOA activity. Using four separate measures of antisocial behavior, including convictions for violent crime, the research team found that each measure was significantly increased in the group that had both low MAOA activity and a history of severe maltreatment

psychservices.psychiatryonline.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The first few lines of the original post really had me interested.

I thought it was gonna be some cool matrix like deal, or even reptilians (always good for fun), or like how no one else is real and I'm the only one here, I mean how can I prove that anyone else experiences the world the same way as I do...ect, ect.

But psychopaths???

*yawn* only 1 out of every 22? I feel that is a pretty conservative number. I'd say at least 1 in 10 people are mentally deranged. Myself included. Even "normal" people are messed up, usually worse than most.

But I did learn something at least. I never knew a psychopath was the same as a sociopath. So thanks for that bit of knowledge...., I think.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join