It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most amazing secret in our society - The answer to almost all your questions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Wow! If everybody who has an ex tries to tell the rest of the world, she is a psycho, then we don't need any other threads here anymore.

Maybe we should add to the list, that psychos use to point their fingers on others?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumEcho
reply to post by Ramcheck

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your tolerance and willingness to listen to the other side of the story.

Believe me when I say, I know the evils that can be perpetrated by individuals such as myself, because I've done some pretty terrible things on my own. I can acknowledge them as terrible, I can separate myself from the situation and understand what I've done, but it's impossible for me to feel remorse or pity. Does this make me a monster? I don't choose to behave this way, I simply don't understand what sympathy or remorse are. It's like speaking a different language to someone, and getting angry at them for not speaking your language.

I sought counseling, and treatment, and you'd be surprised at the psychological toll this can take on the sociopath. I think the remorse registers with me on a deeper, subconscious level, and it's kind of stored up. I suffer from the migraines, and I have nightmares, but I certainly don't actively choose to hurt people.

Again, I think restraint is the dividing agent here. If someone revels in their condition, they enjoy the "thrill of the hunt", then fine, condemn them for what they are if you will, because they choose to hurt others. But I won't be lumped into a category that I didn't choose to put myself into.

Thanks again for your support, and I'm glad to be aboard ATS.

Not a monster at all, sounds perfectly normal to me, sometimes I just can't grasp the reasoning behind why some people around me actively 'give a #' about certain people or things. I won't question them though, it's normal for them to feel emotionally involved in things.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I feel sorry for psychopaths. Honestly, though they would laugh at me probably because they don't understand what they are missing, I think it is the most tragic existence there is. Could you imagine never feeling love for another?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How does this not seem like a modern witch hunt? Its important to educate/inform about 'differences'. But to me this is just another caste system, a system of suppression that has been going on for tens of thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
oh yes these people exist. I think they are wired differently, also I think a lot of the criteria overlaps other conditions. But a hard core of people in my opinion fit the term psychopath. There is a formula for profiling that the professionals use which is recognised and used by the police although as has been pointed out they are not always criminals. A lot of them move freely in our society appearing to be functional within it yet are actually extremely dysfunctional and counterproductive to it in many ways.

What actually causes the 'condition' (if thats the right word) is what interests me. Personally I go more down the nature rather than nurture route, I think its hard wired, ie not created by background or upbringing. I believe its genetic or a brain disorder, heightened by hormones at times also.

For example, someone with frontal lobe damage can have 'orbital personality' with grandiosity and lack of empathy. The brain is so little understood and even a slight chemical or hormonal imbalance can cause a lot of these traits. I wish more research could be done in this area because these characters can (not always) cause total havoc. They can destroy families, not to mention cause a lot of financial destruction as well. The same can be said of certain forms of bipolar, which can also be genetic.

I hope the future will see more genetic research into these conditions and as to what causes them. If we can understand the cause then we can treat or modify the traits. I know this touches on eugenics and I'm not sure where I stand on that either but we need to understand what causes these traits I believe.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was married to one ... a very long time ago and only for a short time. I heard through the grapevine that he remarried, about 15 years ago, and I also heard both of his (preteen) children are also psychopaths ... or sociopaths. I was told the kids are classic bullies and juvenile delinquents. I realize environment plays a major role, but I also believe that heredity may also play a role.

He was never physically or sexually abusive, but he was emotionally abusive, and he did things that would shock me to the point I couldn't wait to get out of the marriage. But I had to plan carefully. I had no choice but to move away, change my address and even my last name. There was no other way. Leaving them is NOT an option ... escaping is the only way.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I hope the future will see more genetic research into these conditions and as to what causes them. If we can understand the cause then we can treat or modify the traits. I know this touches on eugenics and I'm not sure where I stand on that either but we need to understand what causes these traits I believe.

What's interesting is what we now understand as psychopathy used to just be considered plain "evil" and bad choices. Hopefully the understanding that 'evil' people are in fact sick mentally will cause us to re-consider the degrading rite of retributive justice and move us towards curing sociopathy in the same way we wish to cure cancer, rather than simply imprison, hate and execute people who are sociopathic and psychopathic.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991
I feel sorry for psychopaths. Honestly, though they would laugh at me probably because they don't understand what they are missing, I think it is the most tragic existence there is. Could you imagine never feeling love for another?

"Wonderful as it may seem I've never been alone. And as terrible as it may be I never want to leave this misery."
Alien Ant Farm Around the Block

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Totally agree there, this type of thing is definately in the DNA. Sounds like you had a lucky escape and you are right the only way to get away from them is to totally cut them out of your life.

Many psychopaths/sociopaths in my opinion are just simply not cut out to have families and my heart goes out to those people that have unwittingly been at the mercy of these predators. There is a theory that these people are a genetic throw back to an earlier point in time when the hunter/gatherer instinct had to be prevalent and predatory in order to survive. In our society it becomes a redundant feature and cannot find a useful enough outlet. Just a theory but interesting I think.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
EVERYONE'S PSYCHOPATHIC

now we can all just get along

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nothing good comes from stereo typing people.
We are all different.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So the guy in the video is a psychopath, with too much testostrosone, who gets lots of dates with women who like to have their nipples bitten? I was divorced for 5 years and only had 1 date during that time, so I re-married my X-wife. Maybe being a psychopath isn't all bad.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

My guess is that you were never really close to and/or victimized by one of these deranged people. Am I right?

These emotional disorders may or may not be the result of brain damage -- but either way, there will be a cure for psychopathy/sociopathy when there's a cure for brain damage ... realistically, not at all likely.

They do not think there is anything wrong with themselves and they don't really care. They think others need to 'get fixed', not them. We can't fix what we don't acknowledge.

I say the real hard-core ones should all be behind bars and the others forced to live in highly supervised, guarded and gated, communal settings. They should not be walking amongst us. If that should ever happen, it sure won't be in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12
reply to post by m1991

My guess is that you were never really close to and/or victimized by one of these deranged people. Am I right?

No I've had my time as a victim. You're trying to appeal to my emotion, as pro-revenge people tend to. Of course some people are dangerous and shouldn't be locked up, but I think we should focus on helping them change, not making them suffer.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The psychopath is a tertiary predator.
The next step in evolution.

Evolution does not generally favor the "nice" and "gentle."

We have created conditions that favor the selection of human wolves, human predators.

What does that say about the world we live in?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Nothing good comes from stereo typing people.
We are all different.

You are exactly the type of an individual they are most likely to target. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

They don't want to change.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
The psychopath is a tertiary predator.
The next step in evolution.

Evolution does not generally favor the "nice" and "gentle."

We have created conditions that favor the selection of human wolves, human predators.

What does that say about the world we live in?

Taoists would disagree with you, as would Christians. The meek really will inherit the Earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12
reply to post by m1991

They don't want to change.

Well it's better we force them to change, than to allow them to continue hurting others or merely punish them sadistically.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join