It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you improve this fan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
www.geek.com... I read each ones and my conclusion is that a fan needs to be comprised of two areas where the earlier one feeds the further one with if in an instance where blades are involved; these blades need a constant feed to grasp the incoming air with easeand uninterupted flow . I'm just rambling but some of this seems to make sense to me in some measures.
edit on 14-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: To respond to the answers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

Fire and/or blacklights.

Both make damned near ANYTHING better.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I would put fan blades in it and make it $300 dollars cheaper.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

i cannot improve upon it. but i will wait until Wal-Mort is selling a near-identical model next year for $34.95. it's those low, low prices...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Without a doubt I could make a major improvement:

I would put my name on it, so I could make millions off a bunch of materialistic suckers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It actually does have fan blades they are on the brushless motor in the base. No new technology, just a different way to deliver the air.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This could be revolutionary, as it would eliminate the possibility of those owning one of ever encountering a SHTF scenario. No exposed fan, the S would just pass right on through. James Dyson is a genius!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The design is elegant but expensive.

I would see if I could reduce the component count, change some of the construction materials or even re-design the "ring" that directs airflow.

Perhaps if the ring was inflatable, it would reduce costs and increase functionality by allowing the product to be stored in a smaller space (the fan currently takes up as much space when unused as does a conventional fan).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

umm,,,

The jet of air travels over the aerofoil shape of the ring, creating local low pressure, thereby pulling air from behind it as it decelerates in a process known as inducement, a property of the Coanda effect. Once the air exits the ring, it forces the air in front and alongside using entrainment. Using this process, a small brushless impeller in the fan's base can power a much larger air outlet without exposing any blades. The impeller in the base doesn't actually have blades, but rather vanes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

maybe convert it to an ion wind generator so it has no motor that way it will trap dust and ionize the air etc.. Other than that its just a fan maybe charge a competive price for it you know like other fans. In value this one is worth about 25 usd max to a consumer and thats for the large one.
eta or put chuck norris face on it
edit on 14-8-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You could chuck some dung into it and see if TSHTF can work correctly with that type of fan.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I was messing around with one at bestbuy, honestly I don't think they are all that great. I'd rather have an old fashioned one. Its cool technology i geuss, but don't fix whats not broken. This thing would not keep up in a 2nd floor apartment in the middle of summer in South text.
edit on 14-8-2011 by spiderbadarse because: What I had wrote was pinko commie rag)

edit on 14-8-2011 by spiderbadarse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join