It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranting About The Attacks on Youth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Time for a Priceless Rant. Directed at everything that's been messing with youth these days. From the crybaby Philadelphia Mayor, to the school lunch issue, to the kids being kept out of movies, etc.

First off, the Philly Mayor. He's trying to make a curfew for teens because of mob attacks and whatever. Then he whines when he gets critics telling them to 'buy watches'. Oh. Buy a watch? Do your job you dumbass. Yeah I know that some parents don't bother raising their kids, but that doesn't allow Mother Government to step in an be all parent. That's the # that's been going on these days and it's maybe that's what's driving me up the wall. From pathetic freakin FOOD PLATES replacing the food pyramid, to whining and bitching about school lunches not being healthy or bag lunches being unhealthy. Or telling a youngster to sit down and shut up in class. Stop trying to freaking be the parent. I am sick of it damn it!!

I guess there was a study that game out that said that bag lunches are unhealthy and can lead to sickness; I'm reading it thinking, here we go again, another bull# reason to control what the kids eat. They already feed them prison gruel, or some # you'd see on a farm that pigs eat. Now they want to tell the parents that they can't make a lunch for their kid? # THAT. When I have kids, I'm gonna make them a lunch, and then write a note to the Principal, so that if they take the lunch, my kid could give them the letter saying # YOU. These idiots are taking kids lunches away, telling them that they either eat school crap or they go hungry. Anybody ever told my kid that, or took their lunch away, well the person who did it would end up with a mouthful of chalkdust.

People want to whine and bitch about kids making noise in a restaurant, movie, plane. Look, there was a study that came out, saying that the most annoying sound in the world, is WHINING. There were chalkboards, saws, a couple other noises, and whining. And do you know who did the whining sounds? FREAKING ADULTS. WHY? Because the kids couldn't 'fake whine' for a demo for the noises. So ADULT whining is the most annoying sound in the world. QUIT #ING WHINING.

Kids pick up on stuff quick, they're not as stupid as some people think. Babies, they pick up on emotions. If you're pissed off (at them) they're going to sense it. They start crying. Negative energy directed at someone is GOING TO affect their psyche. Same thing with positive energy, it provides a positive energy to the person it's directed at.

When you fly, sometimes ears get plugged from the elevation. That is actually painful. It can cause anybody to be like, OW! or if you're a baby, it can cause you to cry.

You know another issue? Some parents are too #ing snobby, stuck up and obnoxious and think they know everything about being a parent, and then other people get yelled at like oh don't tell us how to #ing parent.

Sometimes you don't need to be a parent, because there's a little nugget called COMMON SENSE!!

Sometimes you gotta deal with it. Maybe a kid is being a brat, a nuisance, a little hyper. Guess what they're being. KIDS!

I know it's gonna screw with some parents pride, but swallow your pride, stop whining and be an adult. Sometimes PARENTS need to PARENT more. Because sometimes, kids are more mature than adults. True story.

I'm done with my rant for tonight. Also done with the attacks from the government and people alike on the youth. Anybody who messes with them has to mess with me first.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
That was a good rant, it seems to me that the best posts actually come from rants for some reason, maybe I just like angry people.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
That was a good rant, it seems to me that the best posts actually come from rants for some reason, maybe I just like angry people.

agreed. hate & anger are emotions that run deep and last long. raging makes people creative.

OP: i just read about yet another school system pulling another book off the shelf, denying the children of important exposure to classic literature. this time it was an early publication in the Sherlock Holmes series (if we can call them a series).

pisses me off that people think it is wise to deny children exposure to the magic of fine works of writing. for Heaven's sake, last year it was The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. people freaking out about a characters name. why is it that millions of adults, teachers and parents realize you simply take 5 minutes to explain how a book from the past may reflect those times, and that a term or philosophy illustrated in that writing may now be comprehended differently? come on!

censorship is not the answer. with each passing year there will be fewer important works of writing on school libraries and public library shelves. this is doing more damage than good.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

Any chance of telling us how old you are? I'm guessing about 14 seeing as you're ranting against the people who have given up so much for you and provided for you your whole life. Do you have any gratitude for that at all?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
reply to post by PTPriceless

Any chance of telling us how old you are? I'm guessing about 14 seeing as you're ranting against the people who have given up so much for you and provided for you your whole life. Do you have any gratitude for that at all?

Let me respond to this first.

14? Really? Try 23.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Angry brings energy. And thought. And truth. I've worked with kids for 5 years now, and seriously, if this stuff continues when I have a kid, there's gonna be some bigger problems.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

agreed. hate & anger are emotions that run deep and last long. raging makes people creative.

OP: i just read about yet another school system pulling another book off the shelf, denying the children of important exposure to classic literature. this time it was an early publication in the Sherlock Holmes series (if we can call them a series).

pisses me off that people think it is wise to deny children exposure to the magic of fine works of writing. for Heaven's sake, last year it was The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. people freaking out about a characters name. why is it that millions of adults, teachers and parents realize you simply take 5 minutes to explain how a book
from the past may reflect those times, and that a term or philosophy illustrated in that writing may now be comprehended differently? come on!

censorship is not the answer. with each passing year there will be fewer important works of writing on school libraries and public library shelves. this is doing more damage than good.

Really? That sucks. It's all about control and the government wanting to be mommy. Heck I just learned from my jeopardy game that Sherlock had a habit for coc aine no joke,
And youve got sickos trying to talk about sesame street characters getting married, the world is sick.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ya know, part of being a parent is sometimes saying "No" to a kid. Sometimes its also telling them when behavior is not appropriate for a given situation - even if the kid thinks it is.

top topics

join