It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against Illegal Immigration. Think it is only racism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

do you think i like illegal immigrants?
do you think i even like immigrants?
all ive said is dont hate them for who they are, be against illegal immigration because it's illegal.
they dont serve so they are doing wrong? so dont serve in the military. there's plenty of ppl that dont serve in the military, do you have beef with them?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by Honor93

do you think i like illegal immigrants?
do you think i even like immigrants?
all ive said is dont hate them for who they are, be against illegal immigration because it's illegal.
they dont serve so they are doing wrong? so dont serve in the military. there's plenty of ppl that dont serve in the military, do you have beef with them?
i didn't ask what you do or don't like but far be it from you to ask anything, you just 'claim' to know much of nothing.
Never did i say i hate anyone, even illegals ... so, try trolling someone else, you haven't the wits to engage me.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

oooo internet tuff guy

i havent backed down yet. and ill post as long as i follow ats rules.
how do you disagree with my above statement?
edit on 14-8-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Every time I drive around in the Dallas area I am overwhelmed by how the skyline of the downtown area has grown so much taller and it is hard to see what was the tallest buildings there fifteen years ago.. Outward growth has expanded into seven other counties and Hispanic people are the fastest growing race, culture or nationalities... There is no way that the growth that has occurred would have happened without wetback labor... Drive past any place where there is road construction or maintenance being done an you will see that the only people working are the little brown skinned fellows while everyone else is standing around doing nothing... That is the reason there is an emigration problem.. Someone has to do the work for that kind of growth to happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

that'll be internet tough chic/gal, please.
and refer to the post above. asked and answered.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Every time I drive around in the Dallas area I am overwhelmed by how the skyline of the downtown area has grown so much taller and it is hard to see what was the tallest buildings there fifteen years ago.. Outward growth has expanded into seven other counties and Hispanic people are the fastest growing race, culture or nationalities... There is no way that the growth that has occurred would have happened without wetback labor... Drive past any place where there is road construction or maintenance being done an you will see that the only people working are the little brown skinned fellows while everyone else is standing around doing nothing... That is the reason there is an emigration problem.. Someone has to do the work for that kind of growth to happen.

Hey co you think that you guys could divert wet back labour to australia since they are so cheap for the building industry.
Maybe we could afford to get stuff built onto our homes and roofs put on if we had your cheap wet back mexicans

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The Mexicans that have crossed over to work are hard workers that know how to make a dollar go much further than American workers.. To get a job they have to have a social security card and their employers have to with hold and pay into their social security account even though the account number is made up and they can't file a claim on it or file on their income taxes that are also taken from their pay check... As many of them as there are here and paying into the system with out getting refunds on their deductions the government would surely go broke if they weren't here paying into the system.. They pay sales tax, auto taxes, telephone and cable TV taxes, liquor, tobacco and all other taxes that every one else does. The country is more dependent on them than they are on the government.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
How has "race" become part of the component of a persons "immigration status"? Say, a guy is born in Mexico, amd his name is say, oh I don't know, let's say Macintosh. His name is Macintosh, because his father's name is Macintosh, and his Grandfathers name was Macintosh, and his Mothers name is Schumacher, because his Grandmothers name was also Schumacher, and all were born in Mexico. Let's say Mr Macintosh decides to emigrate to the USA, and goes through all the paperwork drills, gets his application accepted, jumps through the remaining hoops, and gets his USA citizenship, but wait a minute, on certain forms he supplied information that he knew was false, and a little while later, the ICE folks trip over it and he gets deported, for lying on the emigration paperwork, and he is stripped of his USA citizenship. He's a caucasion, as were his Mexican antecedants, and they were all citizens of Mexico, but because he lied on his application paperwork, he gets his citizenship revoked. Does the revocation have anything to do with his race. No. Switch the names around to this ficticious persons, say call them Hernadez and Ming-Hao for the maternal and paternal antecedents, and say the emigrated from Canada, with the same result happening to the emigrae, getting Her citizenship revoked, because she lied on Her emigration paperwork. The point is this. Emigration status is based on the country of origin that you emigrate from, not what "race" you are. If you are in the USA, and you crossed a border with false or without any documentation, that doesn't make you an "illegal" immigrant or alien, that makes you an "undocumented foreign national", which means you belong to the country of origin, where your "citizenship" was first established. I freely agree that people come to the USA from other countries, like Mexico, or Chile, or Canada, or Belize, or whatever, and they are seeking a better life. I also completely believe that some other people who enter the USA are here to intentionally harm the USA and it's citizens, and that at least some of the people are doing it at the behest of they're countries of origins government. But in the end, emigration status is not determined by "race', never has been, never will be, because it just wouldn't stand up in court. Now Mexico, like Canada are both in a bad spot, so to speak, since they have relatively vast borders with the USA, and those are hard to control, although if the people in our government weren't idiots, it can be done very, very effectively. So, when you hear someone use the word "race" or "racist" when discussing the problems with emigration to the USA, you are in fact listening to someone who hasn't got the first clue what emigration is and how it works. Race has nothing to do with it. Nationality has EVERYTHING to do with it! And I live in a neighborhood that has many Mexican, and African, and Chinese, and Argentinian and many other "NATIONALITIES" to be sure that are here in the USA and would be considered "undocumented foreign nationals" should the get involved in some way with law enforcement, and would be prime candidates for "deportation". I would hate to see that happen. Because, I like people from other countries. I learn from them. I hope they learn from me. We need to solve the problem of the undocumented foreign national. I don't believe "amnesty" is a smart move. I believe that the undocumented foreign national (UFN) should be dealt with that in a humanitarian way, and also in a way that would lead to "legal" citizenship status, without the mechanism being "punative" in nature. And it should take no more than 4 years, for the process to complete, possibly something like a probational program, although I wouldn't want to use that word, possibly something more along the lines of an "internship" or possibly a "canidate". The way to make the plan work is to get it going, get the UFN's identified, registered and made aware that they would have to complete ALL the requirements current legal emigrants are required to do, and then possibly levy a very nominal tax for them to pay, say over a ten year period, not to be more than 1/75th of they're yearly taxable income, AFTER they have paid they're normal tax requirements. Persons who are guilty of lying on emigration applications, who are in the process of obtaining citizenship, or have achieved citizenship get NO SECOND CHANCE. Citizenship should be revoked, and those persons should be deported. If they have children, the children should be deported also, but should be able to apply for citizenship upon reaching they're 18th Birthday.
Children born in the USA to UFN's should not be granted citizenship simply because they were born in the USA, but, should also be eligible for application for citizenship at they're 18th birthday. Also, I believe that UFN's that are in the USA, and do come forward to register, and are of the appropriate age and physically qualified should be able to gain citizenship by serving a term of no less than 4 years in the armed forces, in a branch of they're own choice, after they have passed the required testing regular US citizens do. The children of these armed forces candidates, would gain citizenship along with the parent or parents that had completed the military service commitment, and for the purposes of being in the unique position of being considered "military dependents" would in fact for all practical purposes, be considered "citizens", allowing these children to travel overseas should the candidate military member be assigned to a country with a current status of forces agreement with the United States, I think kids would enjoy that no matter what, and should get the chance if that's the way they're parents military career went. Persons serving in the military to obtain citizenship however would NOT be allowed to serve in combat billets or be deployed in combat theaters, no exceptions. Additionally, the concept of earning citizenship via "service" could also be extended to other civil servant agencies, State Dept, FEMA, Forest Service,
United Nations components, etc....For those persons who are to old, or have disabilities, or had other problems, such as being the primary care giver for a disabled or mentally challenged family member, the States would be obligated to find a position for these individuals in state or local governments where they could contribute time or effort towards earning citizenship. Individuals currently incarcerated for Non-violent crimes, upon completion of they're sentence should be eligiable for a citizenship through service program as defined above. Finally, there must absolutely be a concrete effort to secure and stabilize the borders and ports of entries into the USA and it's territories. I would start by only allowing entry into the USA at only 36 locations for Air Traffic, and only 39 locations for sea ports, and 48 locations for land crossings. 12 each on each coast for Sea ( In Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, for air entry travelers using air service would have to enter in the continental US, and then fly non-stop to AK/HI/PR) and 44 each at land crossings (20 along the US/Mexico border, 20 along the US/Canada border, and 4 in Alaska. There would be a new branch of the armed forces created as "Border Guards", which would actively and aggressively patrol assigned border regions. All student and work visas would be be required to be renewed on a monthly basis. No exceptions. Tourist visas would not be allowed for more than 30 days, and would not be renewable. Any UFN or Illegal emigrant who was convicted for the death or disability of a US citizen, or registered intern/candidate, or commited a felony offense or act of espionage or terrorism, would be imprisoned for no less than 40 years, and upon completing they're sentence would be deported to they're country of origin, if they survived they're prison sentence. But in the end, once again, "race" has NOTHING TO DO with immigration status. NOTHING. It's that simple. People who aren't born here should be allowed to emigrate there. People who are here now as UFN's as should be given a chance to come out into the open, and pursue ditizenship without the fear that they don't have a chance. Illegal immigrants, those that lied, shouldn't get a second chance, but they're children should. that's my plan, I think it's fair, and I think it could be done, and I think people who are worried about getting deported because they are in a UFN status should come forward under this plan, and be complemented by doing so by getting a fair chance at getting the citizenship they want. Of course, they're those IDIOT politicians again who don't understand that "race" hasn't got anything to do with emigration! Maybe we should deport those guys too, as "enemies of that states" ! ! !

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I remember when I was 14 and I was sent to miami Fla. to live with my dad. We went shopping at an electronics store and, while there, a hispanic man walked up to my father and started speaking spanish to him. My dad looked at him and asked him if he spoke english. The man replied yes, and then asked my father what he had asked him in spanish. My father, disgusted, walked away from him. I asked my dad why he was so rude. My dad spun on me, grabbed me up by my collar, and said, Our family came to America and we learned to speak the language, we didn't come here and try to make the Americans learn gaelic. I didn't understand then, now, at 43, I do...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

i know why you and the op dont like immigrants,

I never said anything about not liking immigrants. I love immigrants who do it the right way. My uncle immigrated from Africa. I have no problem with that at all, as he did it the correct way.

all im saying is that it's a stupid argument and an absurd stance to have. your against illegal immigration because you don't like the ppl...

Oh really. That is my point. Thanks for proving it yet again. One can't go against the actions of these people, or they are racist.

be against illegal immigration because its illegal.

Duh?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The Mexicans that have crossed over to work are hard workers that know how to make a dollar go much further than American workers.

Yep, 14 of them live in a two bedroom apartment. The $800 dollar rent is split 14 ways. Same goes for light, food, water, if it is not included, and any extras like cable or satellite. They usually work two or more jobs, unless they are in manual labor (construction, agriculture, etc).

So we should live like they do?

To get a job they have to have a social security card

Stolen. I managed a restaurant at one time in Dallas. I had three applicants for cook come in with the same SSN.

and their employers have to with hold and pay into their social security account even though the account number is made up and they can't file a claim on it or file on their income taxes that are also taken from their pay check...

Unless they claim many dependents . . . then nothing is taken out. Which is what most of them do.

As many of them as there are here and paying into the system with out getting refunds on their deductions the government would surely go broke if they weren't here paying into the system.

Umm . . . the government is going broke.

They pay sales tax,

Not on food. Sales tax on $3 used clothes at Salvation Army and Goodwill stores does not amount to much tax.

auto taxes,

If they are actually driving legal.

telephone and cable TV taxes,

Split between the occupants of their apartment.

liquor, tobacco and all other taxes that every one else does.

Alcohol and Tobacco, I agree with you.

The country is more dependent on them than they are on the government.

Hey. That is the same argument for keeping slaves in the 1800's. Congratulations!
edit on 8/14/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In Norway we have the same problem with Immigrants. i dont care to much about skin color but when i see them invade our system by creating laws for their religion. (mostly Islam)

i know all people are different so i don't judge all Islam but i get upset when they are pushing the laws. soon 50 years in Norway will be more Muslim then Norwegian.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head Lemon.fresh, it's a shame that a lot of construction companies around Dallas have made millions of dollars on the work of illegals.

Being in a construction related industry I've seen all the illegals on the sites. I have nothing against the illegals except for taking jobs away from american's who would be paid a higher wage than what the illegals get. (yes, what you said about the social security numbers is true, I've seen it myself)

4 out of 10 vehicles in the DFW area are uninsured you wanna guess on who are driving most of them ?

Too bad about the radio station Lemon.Fresh i like Tejano music

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You got to love how the FCC allowed big corporations to buy up most of the radio stations. It makes it pointless to protest the local radio station HQ due to the owners and people running it living in another state. The only thing people can do is write any company that buy ads on that station and tell them you will be boycotting them unless they stop doing business with that radio station. Tell them the station owner is out of touch with the local community.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There are many jobs that require that a citizen speak spanish, because most of the companies employees speak it. No American citizen should be forced to speak a foreign language for a simple thing like a factory job.

Illegals come here without any background or health checks. They steal identities, use false documents, get welfare assistance etc. They are catered to while many citizens are falling through the cracks.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I live up north by under Canada and we dont see much illegals from Canada, some good refer though. I have relatives in San Diego though and I go down there every year. I have seen immagration first hand, lots of Illegals down there. Im a quarter Mexican, Scotch, and Dutch roots as well. But above all Im a proud born American. My Grandma came here in 1958 and became legal, she just had to renew her citizenship when she turned 70, and I tell you what, I looked at the questions on the test and I couldn't answer very many of them, And im a fresh 20 year old white male high school and college graduated. Alot of things on the test were never even taught in shcool.

Back on topic

What many people seem to forget is that there is a demand for cheap work in this country and no work in their country. I think they damn well should become legal and learn English as well, but with the demand is so high for cheap work on farms and construction ect, the problem is going to persist. We need to take care of the problem where it starts, Employers hiring illegals to save money. When the immagrants discover that their chances of getting a job here illegally are slim to none they just might reconsider getting their papers and becoming legal citizens.

It may also increase jobs of US born citizens as well.

I would also like to add, that If i move to another country to work and live, I am sure as hell learning the language of that country.

Just an idea I have
edit on 14-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Personally, I think the only people in America who have a legitimate complaint about illegal immigration are the Native American Indians. You want to talk about about losing your culture and your identtity? Talk to them. They'll shed some light on the subject for you. As long as you're still eating Big Macs and shopping at the local mall, sorry, but you still have your "identity" intact. Whatever that is.

If you want someone to blame for all this illegal immigration, blame all the companies and corperations who hire them so they can make a healthier profit. Ever heard of supply and demand? If the comapnies quit hiring them, it would only be a matter of time before they stopped coming because they wouldn't have anything to come here for.

The fact of the matter is, Mexicans don't come here to steal our culture. They come here to make a buck and everyone knows it. Just because they live differently than you doesn't mean they're trying to take over. Quit running scared like Michelle Bachman.

It does seem to be a natural consequence though simply because the people bitchin' about it happening are also bending over and taking it. Talk is cheap people. You want to change things? You feel things are getting out of hand and you're feeling threatened? Get up and do something about.

The Indians may not have won that battle, but at least they tried. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the big difference between then and now. People these days don't understand that if you want change and you want other people to see you in a positive light and respect you, you are going to get up and actually DO something about it. You feel physically threatened by an illegal? Kick his ass. You feel financially threatened by an illegal? Kick his ass and take his job.

But no, people are too complacent and feel like they wouldn't win the fight anyway. By copping that attitude they can't see that they would be fighting for the right reasons. And those would be the fact that what the illegal immigrants are doing is not going to have a positive outcome for American society as a whole. Sure, their families in Mexico get the money, but how does that help the country that they're living in. The same country that. the last time I turned on the news, are within a hairs breath of not being able to pay China what we owe them. Wanna guess what happens then?

If anyone thinks that statement about the right reasons is wrong, prove it. I KNOW that statement is right because it's already been proven. Look at how everyone bitches about it. How it divides people. How it has REALLY screwed up the balance of money for everyone involved. Either directly or inderctly. What's happened so far simply isn't right. And it's not going to change unless WE change it.

Our leaders don't care about us. From the mayor to the President. Don't fool yourself into thinking they do.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You gotta call it like you see it. Simply walking across the international line between Mexico and the US is a felony. That makes it a crime which is punishable by at least one year in prison. This is my basis for being against illegal immigration. IT'S ILLEGAL. How much plainer can one be? If the country to the south of us was Germany I'd feel the same way.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I've never understood how controlling the amount of people coming into a country can be called racist......especially when the system can't handle legal immigrants let alone illegal ones.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

reply to post by Honor93

i know why you and the op dont like immigrants,

I never said anything about not liking immigrants. I love immigrants who do it the right way. My uncle immigrated from Africa. I have no problem with that at all, as he did it the correct way.

all im saying is that it's a stupid argument and an absurd stance to have. your against illegal immigration because you don't like the ppl...

Oh really. That is my point. Thanks for proving it yet again. One can't go against the actions of these people, or they are racist.

be against illegal immigration because its illegal.

Duh?

ummmm, just noticing this and my apology, i obviously made an error ... see header

apparently, i hit the wrong "reply" button ... i do apologize.

good for your uncle and please excuse my error.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join