It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against Illegal Immigration. Think it is only racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I always get told by people on ATS that I am obviously racist because I do not support illegal immigration. It does not matter that I was born, raised, and still live in deep south Texas. It does not matter that my first language was spanish. It does not matter that almost every single friend I have ever had is latino, as is my wife of 10 years. I have white skin, so I must be racist.

Well, have I news for you!

A few days ago, a local radio station that has played Tejano (Tex-Mex . . . think a mix of country/blues/jazz with spanish lyrics)/Norteno(folk) music for the last 20 years or so, decided to change it's whole format. They fired all the DJ's . . . replacing them all with DJ's straight from Mexico. They started playing Mexican hits and Mexican dance/techno.

Long story short, the people are in an outrage. Listenership has dropped by about 75% over the last few days.

So how does this deal with the immigration issue, and being called racist? Well, I am going to show you some obviously racist latino people.

This is from Que Pasa 99.5's facebook page.

*Note* Mojado, or any variation of the word (mojo, mojadito, etc.) means wetback. It is derogatory slang for people that cross the Rio Grande River by swimming.

--nomas al verles las caras parecen cucarachos. (I do not want to see their cockroach looking faces anymore)--

--AND WE DON'T CARE IF UR FROM MOJOMOROS!! (Matamoros is the city right across the river)--

--I agree that the station REALLY sucks now, but to offend people that are here illigally (aka mojos), c'mon valley peeps....--

--Hate the music you are playing. This station should be entertaining in Mexico ¡ This is not music fit for the Valley.--

--Hey, is this a Re-posted video, from a Messican radio station with a rookie DJ?--

--i gave it a chance but its a mojo station it ain't tejano no more..--

--Puro mojado. Go home to Mexico. Puro. 101.5. You all suck--

--sry if you feel that we are offending (aka MOJOS), but we are all tired of supporting all these ppl with our hard earned money, having to lower our standards by having to learn their language, when they can't even do that much..... and now what "take away our TEJANO music .... once more sry but enough is enough, they need to go back home ....--

--.Totally agree w/ u on just about everything, . . .--

The station had to turn off their call in phones, because people were calling in like mad, telling them to go back to Mexico, they were going to call border patrol, etc. etc.

So you expect me to believe that a large percentage of the population in deep south Texas is racist against their own people? Or perhaps there is actually a problem that no one wants to recognize.

In closing, yes . . . most of the latino people living in the US do love their country. Yes, most people down here despise . . . even hate the illegals. Our area is a prime example of all the problems illegals create.

Blame it on the people, or the corporations. I don't care. But to say that I, or anyone else is racist simply because I am against criminal immigration is just a deflection from the issue.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
couldnt care less about the skin color, its our culture i see disappearing with illegal immigrants. many who come here are disrespectful and feel america is theirs for the taking. many who come here legally though do learn our customs and are not a problem.

P.S. im a little POed myself that the local news station started yelling at me in spanish recently during news casts,cuting english speaking anchors off. they dont give reports in spanish.... they yell them like people wont notice it otherwise.
edit on 14-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
. . .

many who come here legally though do learn our customs and are not a problem.

I would actually say most . . . but that is just personally anecdotal

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I do not have a problem with anyone being here legally or illegally but you are going to swear allegiance to the United States for no person is going to benefit from our society, laws and olive branches only to turn a blind eye and run should America ever call on them to defend the same way of life they have come to seek out and build on these shores.

No Foreign flag is going to fly on these shores in replacement of the American flag and if you think otherwise you can burn in hell.

~ American/Hispanic mid Twenties. My first language and only language is English and I will never call anywhere but America home and die before anywhere else is ever considered home.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

couldnt care less about the skin color, its our culture i see disappearing with illegal immigrants. many who come here are disrespectful and feel america is theirs for the taking. many who come here legally though do learn our customs and are not a problem.

P.S. im a little POed myyself that the local news station started yelling at me in spanish recently during news casts,cuting english speaking anchors off. they dont give reports in spanish.... they yell them like people wont notice it otherwise.

How do you see our culture dying. America is made up many cultures, it is a melting pot of cultures, if anything these people just add "flare" to our culture.

With that being said, I really wish that all emigrants would do their duty and become legal citizens and stop leaching off the rest of the citizens tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

thats what the CEOs of taco bell and racist politicians tell you to better their own cause. those are not part of our culture...just "flare". just because we dont dress up in quilts and live in timber houses doesnt mean we dont have our own culture. our culture is modern and often not seen as a culture because we dont go back thousands of years

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I dont know the whole story with the jobs and such but what if we let them come and then if you cant prove that you are american you pay and extra 20% income tax and 15% property tax so that 15% goes to local schools and infostructure and 19% goes to national debt and 1% goes to me for coming up with the idea for 5 years and at the end of that 5 years if they can pass an english comp test they can have their papers if not they go for another 5 years.If the % are too low they could be raised etc..That way they could not work for less than americans and take your jobs.
before any one gets upset j/k

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i dont get your point.

you shouldnt be called racist because other mexicans are racists?

or should it be ok to hate because mexicans hate each other?

here's a vid i like

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
S&F Lemonfresh ... i too am called racist even though my family in San Antonio are direct descendants of a Mexican princess and are as vehemently against illegals as i.

Illegals come from many nations and are a real problem for what used to be many cities -- but has become many States. (more than 10 = many)
It is indeed a sad state of affairs and while too many among us are racists, i do believe we stand above the whey. (a byproduct of the manufacture of cheese)

Murdoch's minions i wonder? he seems to have a hand in every pie these days.
either way, sorry to hear your good entertainment has been reformed, but that's getting to be a common theme in these here UNITED states and it sure sickens my heart.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

P.S. im a little POed myself that the local news station started yelling at me in spanish recently during news casts,cuting english speaking anchors off. they dont give reports in spanish.... they yell them like people wont notice it otherwise.

our customs?

what customs? your personal customs?

the founding father customs? the british customs? the german settler customs? explain yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

my hindu neighbors used to poo in my yard and stockpile trash in their attic... explanation enough?

they had a fit and started yelling in hindu at me when i got a new computer too...really dont understand that one...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

funniest
vid ever

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

it's none of your business what they do on their property. quit your whining. don't you have anything better to do?
edit on 14-8-2011 by vjr1113 because: sp

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

learn to read.. i said my yard, .stop your whining, and yeah if they pile trash in their house it draws bugs. i had to talk with their landlord to stop that one.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

wouldn't it be easier to collect a 60% tax on all funds shipped over the border?
10% goes to their personal naturalization process ... 40% goes toward supporting infrastructure ... and the other 10% toward greater border enforcement.

the amount of their remaining funds would still be nearly 10% greater than most child-support-paying American parents.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

how did they get away with #ting in your yard. that's unbelievable. like being an annoying neighbor is exclusively an immigrant problem.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I would say as long as they support the constitution, it doesn't matter if they are legal or illegal.

Hell a lot of ``legal`` US citizen want to gut several amendments to the constitution or restrict a bunch of them... both ``liberals`` and ``conservatives``...

The only ``true Americans`` are the constitutionalists... the other ones should move to another country that fits them better.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I believe illegal means illegal....If they want to follow the rules of the immigration laws, then there is no problem with them coming here to prosper......I feel that they need to learn a little english though......Sorry...

If they are here illegal then they need to be deported immediately with no exceptions.........

There is a whole crew of hispanics on the roof, all from mexico....Only one of the 18 speaks english.........but hey, they are hard working and get the job done...even in the heat.....so I have no beef with that, as long as they are all legal.

Anyways, if I have to follow the rules....then everybody has to follow the rules
In a perfect world, that is.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thats really cool . al;l the legal latinos are sick of all the new freeloaders crossing the boarder and ruining a good life they have in the US .

Since they were playing Mexican pop , tell me did they play Masappan
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

do you just argue anytime your bored? your videos obviously form someone who didn't grow up in an overly hispanic school district as well. try making those not a burden statements after every year being in a class with at least 3 kids who dont know a drop of english but goof off the entier time instead. its like people around here dont speak a word of english to their kids then expect the school to be able to teach it at 6 years old.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join