It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, Proof Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Okay, first off I will say I have an open mind, so lets assume i'm playing Devil's advocate here. Nasa Claims it is just another care, that when Y2K failed, another was made up to take it's place. They also claim there is nothing out there threatening the world in 2012, I think the closest thing they have is the apophis asteroid in 2036 and they claim it probably won't hit.

Even real modern day Mayans themselves seem to have no idea what the fuss is about. Technically the calendar does not end in 2012, because predictions by the Mayans continue to be made up until the 23rd century (Better warn Captain Kirk!). In either case, just because a calendar is going to end, doesn't mean the world is going to end.

To me, the y2K bug was a money making gimmickry. How do we know this is not the same. Or it could be like other end of the world schemes, a way to get people to follow a certain leader in belief that the "world is at hand.", when it all comes down to somebody taking advantage of a rumor to gain power. I'm already seeing 2012 survival kits on the internet, which if this is truly the end, how on Earth are we supposed to be prepared for it.

Yes the sun has been the scope of the media, but perhaps the effect is being cashed in on, and not the cause of the effect is the theory of the world ending in 2012. It also stands to reason that we've just recently began to understand the Sun, so perhaps we are merely seeing things have happened throughout the history of Earth, but tool little notice of it until now. Millions of dollars have already been made from this unsupported theory, from the person selling life jackets to box office hit movies.

People fall for the silliest of things, I sometimes believe they would rather see the world end so they can prove they were right (not that anybody will be around to gloat to.), or have nothing worth living for to begin with so they would rather go out with the rest of humanity to justify their own death.

Sure the world is screwed up, but its been screwed up before. So now is your chance, if you want to try to convince the world that it is going to end in 2012, start with me and the readers of these forums. In other words, convince me.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is no proof, it is based off flawed logic. It uses an inaccurate version on the Mayan calendar which stops counting at this date.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If it is going to end,it has to be from human hand. Because we are in possibility to do it,just need to get an insane person in possition to push the red button!
As for 2012,it is prooven throughout the centuries that the best way to rule the world is to make people feel constant fear...comets,meteorites,aliens,WWIII,and so on...
2012 is an HOAX!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The only thing that I know for sure will happen in 2012 is change. Change is a constant and the Mayans (from research I've done) have said nothing about the end, only a new age or rebirth. Our Sun is supposed to be entering a 5th phase while a grand conjunction is to occur. Only time will tell so don't let it plague your thoughts, just go with the flow. We don't know everything about this wonderful universe that we coexist with and there are many things which even the smartest minds can't figure out.

2011 has already been a year to remember.

I find it funny how they named that asteroid Apophis.
edit on 8/14/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It will just be the end if the long count. 25695 yrs. the calendar does not end it is designed to go forever www.onereed.com...

edit on 14-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: add link

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
There is no proof that there is a tomorrow but we have faith that it will come when we close our eyes and fall asleep. There is no guarantee you don't have a stroke reading your own thread creation. On the vast scale of all things considered it is impossible for anyone to say anything with certainty for noting truly is certain except your inevitable end and someone else's beginning. To claim to know anything is a fools claim when in truth the more we know the more we learn what we don't know.

Is there something happening in 2012? Unknown; Is there a God? Unknown. Its only when TPTB or "society" deems a belief a "fringe" thing that credit to it is largely lost. That and unless people are experiencing doom and gloom on a personal level there is not much room in the average mind these days outside of jersey shore occupation of the mind to having critical thinking take place of "what if?"

In other words, people simply do not care and if something is not smacking them in the face at that very moment i regards to the subject matter its not happening. Out of sight out of mind as it were.

I say Believe what you wish to believe because in the end we are fools to trample on others belief's so long as they do not impact upon the quality of life and freedom's of someone else IE no room for Sharia only Secularism in the USA when it comes to politics and law.

How the end comes I really doubt we will ever see coming. There is a lot of weird # going on which may be adding up to something depending on how you wish to do your math but its all speculation who really knows.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Why even ask? You're not going to get an answer. Unless,you're fishing for negative debate... Anything close to explanation of what may happen is just opinion based loosely on scientific hypothesis, mostly not even that just hear-say. The idea blew up because the calender is ending sparking a movie,cable made shows and pop stars decided to sing about it not to mention Youtube vids, it was relatively unknown by people prior to the hype.
edit on 14-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am pretty sure you know there is no 'PROOF' either for or against the 2012 doomsday theory.
The fact it is known as a 'theory' tells us that much, right?

I am not sure what this thread was intended for, but it will certainly not bring you proof of 2012.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
The only thing that I know for sure will happen in 2012 is change. Change is a constant and the Mayans (from research I've done) have said nothing about the end, only a new age or rebirth. Our Sun is supposed to be entering a 5th phase while a grand conjunction is to occur. Only time will tell so don't let it plague your thoughts, just go with the flow. We don't know everything about this wonderful universe that we coexist with and there are many things which even the smartest minds can't figure out.

2011 has already been a year to remember.

I find it funny how they named that asteroid Apophis.
edit on 8/14/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

Well of course change will happen, did any one think that it would not? The world is always changing.

The sun will enter a fifth phase in 2012? would you mind explaining the first four phases and why you think it going to enter its' fifth phase in 2012?

What the hell is the "Grand Conjunction"?
edit on 14-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't think any "end of world" scenario will happen, but everyone should be prepared nonetheless, as "end of a region" type scenario can and does happen (hint: Japan, Chile, Australia).

Also please research the Y2K problem before saying it was a money making scheme or whatever, as the Y2K problem was real, however it only affected businesses which relied on computer data, and not the general public. However it was over hyped and people had begun attributing all sorts of nonsense to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
See Geoff Stray on Youtube being interviewed for Graham Hancock www.youtube.com... This should shed some light on the subject. Mr Stray mentions Alexy Dmitriev and his Planetophysical state of the Earth and life, 1998, please read. Just some food for thought regarding the math. One should also see Terrence McKenna and his studies with the I-Ching and his own Time Wave Zero Theory, as well as the WebBot (Clif High) @ halfpasthuman.com. There are many others. Read and make your own judgement. Be aware that spirituality and religion are two different things. So too is what the Universe will effect us with as part of it's own plan. However, thinking through the possibilities and preparing for a coming change will be healthy. Another person of interest regarding the Mayans is Ian Lundberg. You can watch some videos of him on Youtube that are interesting. Lastly, check out Christopher Dunn and his videos regarding The Giza Powerplant. Honorable mention goes to The Coral Castle in Lakeland, Florida for another mystery that goes unnoticed. Your guess is as good as anybody's. However, as time goes by mother nature may humble us all into a dramatic change. Ironically, politicians and bankers may be the least of our problems. Have fun! Regards, Jayman

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchandAlso please research the Y2K problem before saying it was a money making scheme or whatever, as the Y2K problem was real, however it only affected businesses which relied on computer data, and not the general public. However it was over hyped and people had begun attributing all sorts of nonsense to it.
Actually the "Y2K" bug is a factual event. It, as posted by kaleshchand, was a real problem. However, the scope as related by kaleshchand is not factual. It did affect everyone, because everyone was in someway attatched to the use of computers. Financial (banking), healthcare, government, utilites, etc. etc. There is a problem with this though. I continuously see people who either:

A. Don't understand the scope of the issue.
B. Don't understand the problem.

Refer to the "Y2K" bug as a natural entity and therefore some sort of prophetic apocolyptic event. It was anything but these things. The "Y2K" bug was a man-made glitch in computer programming. Let me say that again. It was man-made. We made a mistake in how we wrote computer programs. Specifically how we calculate dates and the differences between dates within computer programs.

You may ask, what does a date have to do with creating a problem. Well it was not specifically a day or even a month, but rather the year. Originally, in computer programming terms, to save space in memory and on data storage devices, programmers would implement two digit formatting on their years. I mean really, why use 16-bytes to store a 4 digit year when you can use 8-bytes to store a two digit year. This won't posibbly cause a problem. Here comes the year 2000 and now when your applications look at a two digit year of 00, will they recognize it as 1900 or 2000? This was the 300 billion dollar question.

Most of the reason why the "Y2K" bug turned out to be a non-issue was because of people like me. The guy's who spent countless nights and weekends up to New Years' Eve and New Years' Day and beyond sifting through code, updating references, upgrading systems and testing computer programs and systems to use a 4 digit year as opposed to a 2 digit year.

en.wikipedia.org...

HTH,

-saige-
edit on 15-8-2011 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join