It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14% more IEDs in Afghanistan this year, 5 US soldiers killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Afghan bomb kills 5 US troops

From April to June, 3,485 IEDs exploded or were found in Afghanistan, according to the Pentagon, up 14 percent from the same period last year.

That's some progress you got there... more IEDs...
If there were actually ``progress``... aka less armed resistance (because either you killed them or you won the hearts and minds) there would be less IEDs.... but there's more... gee I wonder why that is uh...

If another country came in and invaded your country and tried to set up a corrupt dictatorship puppet (which Karzai is)... you would fight to the death too. If you didn't at first, after all the occupation forces did to you... (killed your family by mistake, treat you like dirt, steal your natural resources, etc) you would pick up arms too.

5 young guys died, that makes 5 families destroyed, 10 parents in grief and who knows how many friends in tears over this? And they died FOR NOTHING.

GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. RIGHT NOW.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
:shk:

That is depressing.

Even more depressing when you factor in that those US soldiers are there to aid in the production of opium.

The Taliban banned opium production in Afghanistan in may of 2001.

Now Afghanistan leads the world in opium production.

That's our tax dollars at work folks.

RON PAUL 2012 - BRING EM HOME!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Maybe they are just finding more than the previous year. Doesn't necessarily mean the Afghans are producing more. Soldiers are just getting better at finding them.

edit on 14-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Maybe they are just finding more than the previous year. Doesn't necessarily mean the Afghans are producing more. Soldiers are just getting better at finding them.

edit on 14-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

Well if they don't find them, they are supposed to explode... So either way, the number is up, if they find them or not. The number is both those that explode and get found. So, it's only a matter that more of the devices are being built and put on roads.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Will leaving the ME make us safer?
If so, lets get out.
Will leaving the ME make the folks there have a better life? Or worse?
Should we give a damn?

We shed tears for Haiti, Somalia, when disasters that are not man-made strike. It's okay (justifiable even) to go and spend and save.

When war (man made) disasters strike countries and we go in with the beliefs that we are there to make it better, this is villified?

A one-size-fits-all approach to foreign policy won't work. What criteria should we use in determining what countries we help and what we don't.

I wish it was just an easy thing to just say get out.

But I don't think it is.

(my 2 cents)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I do not support the war and to me that also means that I do not support the agents (soldiers) either.

I support my friends who are enlisted, not what they are told to do however.

By 'support' I mean that I shake their hands when they come home and tell them how sorry I am that they had to go through that lie of a war.

So now that I have gotten that out of the way I would like to say this:

I am impressed at how resilient the people of that Sovereign nation that the US military industrial complex now occupies.

I mean, it's been a decade.

Of course, one must consider that the IEDs may in-fact be planted by our own special brown-skin bearded units, or at least trained by and/or funded by US tax dollars to continue the profitable mayhem.

I you believe forces within our own Government murdered Thousands of their own people on September 11th, 2001, then the US-made/funded IED theory it is not to hard to fathom

edit on 14-8-2011 by vermonster because: grammer

top topics

join