It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS? - Glowing Orb the size of an oversized beach ball.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Anyone else ever seen these things up close on land or in the water? A few years ago while out on a fishing trip, two fishing buddies and I all saw this glowing orange-yellowish orb which rose up from underneath the sea and skimmed across the surface half submerged. It moved roughly around the same speed as our boat and crossed in front moving towards the opening of the channel which we were trying to find because our handheld spotlight had earlier malfunctioned. As this thing moved across the front of our boat, we could clearly see a wake being generated and light reflecting off of waves near it. About half of it was submerged and the rest was above the water slowly moving until it began to dive until we could no longer see its glow.

Are there any UFO sightings similar to this one? Anyone seen anything similar to this? This thing was about 200 to maybe 300 feet in front of our boat. Could this be classified as a Close Encounter of the 1st or 2nd kind with a UFO?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a UFO..

Does not sound ALIEN..

It is swamp gas... That is all

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ball lighting.

Thats all

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is the same thing, but your thread made me click pretty quickly.

I live in a bit of a "vortex" hot spot for strange lights in the sky.

But last week, driving south along the coast, I was sitting in the passenger seat. I watched a very large bright ball literally "float" into the ocean.

At first I thought it was a street lamp, as there was one on the peninsula. But in fact that street light was a perfect reference point for it's size (maybe distance too). Was about the size of half a penny (maybe a dime).

And it was unlike a comet, or anything that would fall with the help of gravity. Just floated into the ocean.

This sounds to be much bigger than your story. But the only thing I am sure of is:

A) It was orange, and a ball. Like 1/6 the size of the sun in perspective.

B) It didn't fall, it floated.

I am only unsure as to whether it went past the horizon or if it went into the ocean. It was very far away.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Will-O'-The-Wisp

The folklore term for a ghostly light sometimes seen at night or twilight over bogs, swamps, and marshes. It resembles a flickering lamp and is sometimes said to recede if approached.

The oxidation of Phosphine and Methane, produced by organic decay, can cause photon emissions. Since Phosphine spontaneously ignites on contact with the Oxygen in air, only small quantities of it would be needed to ignite the much more abundant Methane to create ephemeral fires. Chemists have replicated the lights by adding some chemicals to gases from rotting compounds.

Naga Fireballs

A phenomenon seen on the Mekong river - glowing balls that quickly rise from the water up to a couple of hundred meters into the air before disappearing. The balls are reddish coloured and have a diverse range of sizes from smaller sparkles to the size of basketballs.

edit on 14/8/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phfaty

Yeah i have seen something similar yesterday in neighbours bath through window.... she was glowing like fire and her skin was like the surface of the ball u mentioned,man her butt was hmmm...then my wife slapped my cheek and there was a bunch of fireballs i seen in that moment ;o)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Interesting account of a typical ufo orb experience. From your description you saw the real thing. Forget the ball lightning and rmamarsh gas responses, ufo orbs exist and are documented by many aircrew

It sounds like they are as happy in water as in the air. Makes you wonder if they have bases down there

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phfaty

I have read of many encounters with glowing orbs that are often near or even in water.

I am very jealous of your encounter, I wish I could see one for myself!

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
years ago,maybe 20 years ago,i had a few freinds over and next thing i knew a girl (louise) ran in screaming "aliens outside",she was frantic,we all ran out to see these three orange orbs just floating along,at a very steady and slow trajectory,it was reported on the news that afternoon with many sighting and they even showed is estimated flight path,then that was it heard nothing else ever...but still to this day one of the most upclose and surreal lights in the sky i have ever seen

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Almost ten years ago, myself and my flatmate saw an orange orb over Klemzig here in Australia. It was around 2-300 metres from us and around 20 metres off the ground. It was moving slowly, but its altitude was a bit erratic.

It would light up and then dim, taking around 5 seconds each cycle. Then we noticed a second one around 800-1000 metres away, illuminating and dimming just like the first. It was completely synchronized with the first. As one would illuminate, the other dimmed.

It was around 8:00 in the evening and it was a very still night. I remember taking note of the leaves on the trees and none were moving.

We stayed outside for around 10 minutes after we lost sight of them and then we heard a heavy helicopter approaching. I believe it was a Blackhawk and it came from the direction of Edinburgh RAAF base. It was flying very low and had no lights on whatsoever. Then when it got near us, the navigation lights came on as well as a searchlight, and it started searching the ground in the area.

I googled for orange UFOs in Adelaide a month or so later and found several articles with different dates, but none on the date we saw them.

Best UFO experience I have had.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
just randomly found this video.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

13 aug 2011

edit on 14-8-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phfaty

Research Shag Harbor. That will confirm what you are posting about. Same type of thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I and 3 other boy scouts saw what sounds like the exact same thing many years ago.

Undeniably amazing and anomalous. The same thing has been seen many places and it's interesting to note the same characteristics turn up in the pilots report of the Iran UFO case.

It seemed "living" to me. Once you've seen that clearly, you KNOW there are intelligent things existing beyond our current "knowledge."

Plasma physics is an interesting google search in relation to this topic. Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phfaty
Anyone else ever seen these things up close on land or in the water? A few years ago while out on a fishing trip, two fishing buddies and I all saw this glowing orange-yellowish orb which rose up from underneath the sea and skimmed across the surface half submerged. It moved roughly around the same speed as our boat and crossed in front moving towards the opening of the channel which we were trying to find because our handheld spotlight had earlier malfunctioned. As this thing moved across the front of our boat, we could clearly see a wake being generated and light reflecting off of waves near it. About half of it was submerged and the rest was above the water slowly moving until it began to dive until we could no longer see its glow.

Are there any UFO sightings similar to this one? Anyone seen anything similar to this? This thing was about 200 to maybe 300 feet in front of our boat. Could this be classified as a Close Encounter of the 1st or 2nd kind with a UFO?

It displaced the water? maybe it was not made out of just light/energy then?

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Almost ten years ago, myself and my flatmate saw an orange orb over Klemzig here in Australia. It was around 2-300 metres from us and around 20 metres off the ground. It was moving slowly, but its altitude was a bit erratic.

It would light up and then dim, taking around 5 seconds each cycle. Then we noticed a second one around 800-1000 metres away, illuminating and dimming just like the first. It was completely synchronized with the first. As one would illuminate, the other dimmed.

It was around 8:00 in the evening and it was a very still night. I remember taking note of the leaves on the trees and none were moving.

We stayed outside for around 10 minutes after we lost sight of them and then we heard a heavy helicopter approaching. I believe it was a Blackhawk and it came from the direction of Edinburgh RAAF base. It was flying very low and had no lights on whatsoever. Then when it got near us, the navigation lights came on as well as a searchlight, and it started searching the ground in the area.

I googled for orange UFOs in Adelaide a month or so later and found several articles with different dates, but none on the date we saw them.

Best UFO experience I have had.

Congratulations,you saw the real thing! it must have been hungry as it was dimming,those things feed of atmospheric energy normally,and if they are desperate enough they will feed directly off the grid;which makes tracking them a little easier

edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: more info

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is a very interesting account. It was not ball lightning, and I know this because I have witnessed ball lightning on two separate occassions. It occurs during lightning storms, and in my case flew through an open door and into my kitchen. Its very loud.

About the swamp gas; I have always found it odd that as often as people claim a UFO is swamp gas, how many swamp gas videos have you actually seen? The only swamp gas I have ever witnessed just caused bubbles on the surface of swamp water. I have spent weeks in some of the deepest swamps in the south eastern US, and I have never witnessed swamp gas lights, especially not lights making maneuvers and then descending back into the water again. Your account is very strange, to say the least.

It really sounds like the folk stories about the Will-o-the-Wisp. Be careful, it will drain your very life energies (joke).

top topics

join