It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 of something flying in formation in Florida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There were no airshows or anything here, not sure what to make of it. Sorry this pic is from my phone.
Look at top right you will see the 3 trails, whatever was flying only took seconds to leave view.
Change forum if not in the right place.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Lots of Naval Air Stations in Florida, with quite a few ranges too. Probably just some of our pilots on a training mission.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What part of Florida? I live in Sanford

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
South East Florida, at first I thought we we're being attacked, couldn't tell if they were missiles or jets.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Meh. It's just Wolverine clawin' at the sky.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Given the location, I'm willing to bet some Naval aircraft from Key West NAS flying the coast up to Coastal or Moody MOA, or back to from there. Which direction were they headed?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They were headed north off the SE coast.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I live close to Rickenbacher Airport, I see them flying in formations all the time. I have never seen them flying in formation that high before but it doesn't surprise me. Sometimes the giant fuel tanker jets will come in for landing five and six at a time, almost always two at a time. Separated by around two minutes or less, coming in one after another. The fighters, are the ones I see flying in very tight formations , right over densely populated areas, that always amazes me.

Maybe you have a base close by?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I saw something similar in Los Angeles about a year ago, with four trails. Since I've only seen it the one time, I assumed it was some rare event, like some a number of military planes moving from one location to another.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cyterror

Well, the only things likely to be making three contrails are three airplanes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cyterror

Is the the right area? (see contrails at the top). This is today's satellite image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50b5b96c4337.jpg[/atsimg]

lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Let's say that a second sun reflection was factor; would it not extra project iluminating all in it's path and if so it should also fade in sustainance and evidence of such would dirrect to the side of origine. But it seems to me that three jets are saving fuel in a maybe jet stream or it may be molicules that are surviving their attatchement in a strait line only because flow of a soft wind is but forcful only on extruding particules. Cheers.

edit on 13-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)
Since I have at all an idea on if I should be able to post a thread and am inclined to have an interesting question for you all; so I will and it is that do you think that an object can travel up against gravity and still drive a drain of force while climbing?
edit on 13-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)
I'll give you a proceedure that I just now came up with and that is that it has to be suspended amongst one machanism that is of sorts to a second too and this one climbs by way of see-saw workings not needing much force.
edit on 13-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: Fun.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
More than likley just some military personel flying a training mission, no need to panic

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The photo was taken on Friday. The reason I posted it was I have never seen this before in my 30 something years.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
interesting - but these could be just high flying group of jets in formation. I have been watching com trails for years in NH, NY, NJ and here in Va. - interesting fact I have noticed over the last 10+ years - usually within 1-3 weeks after these happen - there are massive outbreaks of flu's or mysterious "upper' respiratory infections in the area that doctors cannot explain because they are "out" of season. Very coincidental - and I am not a doctor.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

I'm sorry. I had to.

I tried reading your response to me a solid three times. I have no idea what point you are trying to convey. Do you think you could explain it better?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here's a similar formation filmed in Germany.

It's a large 4-engine plane (probably a tanker) and three fighter jets:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a51e718f61d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice how the panes are pretty much invisible when zoomed out a bit, so it's hard to see what the trails are coming from - certainly it would be impossible with the naked eye, or a cell-phone camera.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2cd9801d4a6.jpg[/atsimg]

This is probably what it looked like up close:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bc2a0f0489f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-8-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Looks like my pic - the tanker.
I frequent our local newspaper board, and people are getting sick the last few days, what another gent in this thread said would happen. Kind of freaky.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyterror
Looks like my pic - the tanker.
I frequent our local newspaper board, and people are getting sick the last few days, what another gent in this thread said would happen. Kind of freaky.

How unusual, people never get sick around here!

top topics

join