It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lemmy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Surprised this hasn't already been posted. This is a great documentary about the legendary frontman of Motorhead, Lemmy Kilmister:

If you can manage to get past billy bob thorntons self absorbed blabbering and metallicas butt kissing (old Metallica was fantastic until these ass clowns started doing group therapy) it's a good documentary. Motorhead is incredibly overlooked.

brill

edit on 13-8-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Yep. Lemmy rocks. Seems like a really cool, down to earth guy, too. Saw this doc. a coupla months ago. Worth watching for anyone who's a fan of true rock n roll.
And I gotta say- Lemmy has just about the coolest apartment I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
cool, Motorhead is awesome

thanks for posting, will watch it soon.

GM

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you don't own a copy of Motorhead "Ace of Spades" you're not a real man yet. I'm talking the actual production CD not some cheap copy that Lemmy gets no royalties from.
The man is a multi-national treasure, there should be six paid holidays a year in his honor at the very least.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Q: Who wins in a fight - Lemmy or God?

A: Trick question - Lemmy is God

Awesome movie about one of the few real down to earth musicians that just keeps doing it for the love. Inferno, Motorheads 2004 30th anniversary album is wicked... 30 years!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I actually seen motorhead a couple of weeks back at a metal festival in toronto.
Lemmy is quite the character.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Definitely a must see. Then again, anything Lemmy does is must see. Or hear. Or experience (but not that far, please)

I love how he makes sure the band keep things nice and simple and just play straight up 3 minute rock and roll ditties and yet they're still majorly influential and crossed over into popular culture.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

They do keep it nice and simple

It was at a metal festival but I loved how at the end of the set Lemmy said" we are motorhead and we play rock and roll" and then walked off stage. I love that guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by curious7

They do keep it nice and simple

It was at a metal festival but I loved how at the end of the set Lemmy said" we are motorhead and we play rock and roll" and then walked off stage. I love that guy.

Me too, especially love how I saw them twice in consecutive years (including their 30th anniversary tour with Girlschool) and both times Lemmy would say that then they'd open with my fave of their songs, Doctor Rock. Exactly the same sets with Sacrifice in the middle followed by that awesome 5-10 minute drum solo before they finish the song and continue on with the show.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm not a Motorhead fan,but i respect Lemmy very much.
I had a chance to talk to him a long time ago and he is an amazing person.

I'm planning on watching the documentary.

Has any of you seen the movie "Eat the rich"?

www.imdb.com...

If not ,you must.Lemmy really rocks.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

He was great in More Bad News too, youtube has the full version now from 4OD. Lemmy appears near the end along with Ozzy, Def Leppard and the Scorpions. He also gets a mention or two earlier in the "documentary" when they're discussing who's been in the toilets.

One of the best comedies ever.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I had to turn it off when I saw kat von d pop up. And I refuse to watch or listen to anything where dave grohl pretends to like metal in an attempt to ride-coattails onto a fresh fanbase.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
I had to turn it off when I saw kat von d pop up. And I refuse to watch or listen to anything where dave grohl pretends to like metal in an attempt to ride-coattails onto a fresh fanbase.

I would agree but don't let that completely deter you. There was an abundance of ass kissing because who doesn't want to be linked to Lemmy. Personally I thought metallica's segment was even worse, they are the ultimate douche bags and drag this doc down several notches. $10 says they don't even own a Motorhead CD.

brill

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I would agree but don't let that completely deter you. There was an abundance of ass kissing because who doesn't want to be linked to Lemmy. Personally I thought metallica's segment was even worse, they are the ultimate douche bags and drag this doc down several notches. $10 says they don't even own a Motorhead CD.

brill

$20 says the d-bags in mettalica only own their own CDs.

Kat Von D, Mettalica and Dave Grohl yeah I'm going to have to let that deter me. It's like a grouping of the worlds biggest fakes desperately trying to remain relevant by sucking up to a guy who is famous for just being himself.

That to me is THE most disgusting thing ever. Ima just try my best to try and forget these bloodsuckers even exist.

new topics

top topics

join