It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's second place means the straw poll can not be marginalized

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All today I heard on the lame stream media how insignificant the straw poll was (yet they couldn't stop talking about it and it was front page news?). I am a bit disappointed that Ron Paul didn't win, but being only 1% behind with only 200 votes behind, it is still fantastic news. And it is very obvious that Michele Bachmann (aka Sarah Palin 2.0) is a GOP favorite as she is 100 percent pro-neocon agenda and the religious right seems to like her. I'm sure they are happy that she won (can we get a vote recount?), and because she won, they can't say "well it's a useless poll," because then they would just be discrediting their own candidate (which isn't completely out of the question for them). So yes it's unfortunate that he was only behind by 1 percent but that was not the final lap by any means, just the beginning, so if any of you track runners are out there you'll understand when I say it's not always wise to be the front runner too early in the race.

But getting back to the lame stream media, they made such a big deal about Rick Perry and he wasn't even in the top 3. So listen all you Ron Paul haters, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I'm trying to get you to join our side. You have to admit that there is a conspiracy of the media to ignore Ron Paul. It's obvious! And if you say 'well, they only talk about candidates who have a chance.' Okay wise guy, then why did they make a big announcement about Rick Perry when he didn't even get top 3? Isn't that an example of a candidate who has no chance? And yet the media still supports him? Imagine if for just a day the major media said "Ron Paul, presidential candidate, wants to end the IRS" on the front page?!

Ron Paul got a very close second place with no media help whatsoever, so imagine if they helped him even in the slightest? But in a way I'm glad, I hope he wins it even without their support, but there's no reason why they can't join his fight. Everyone in the major media is being silenced one way or another, which is an infringement of their freedom of speech (because they can't talk about 9/11, or really go off against the establishment, etc without losing their job or being called unpatriotic or anti-semitic), so it is only to their benefit that they support Ron Paul.

Peace. Go Ron Paul!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I hadn't thought of it that way.

I was a little bummed about Dr. Paul's 2nd place turnout . . . but in light of the OP's perspective, I now think that this could perhaps, be beneficial to the Paul campaign.

Thanks, OP, for that insight. S & F for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There should be an asterisk next to Bachmann.

How can you not carry your own home state? Get real.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
There should be an asterisk next to Bachmann.

How can you not carry your own home state. Get real.

Good point, I forgot about that. Even in her home state she can only get 200 votes ahead of Ron Paul. That actually further convinces me that he will blow right through the establishment candidates.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

One of my friends on facebook made that same point. It's very profound and completely changed my mood. My immediate status is that I felt like puking when Bachmann won. Now I'm stoked!

Everyone worked really hard on the phones, facebook connections, word of mouth, etc. We all know the MSM is doing all they can to ignore him so it's our job to get his name out there and get him in the White House.

Good post!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I fail to see how the media is ignoring him when I see him all the time being interviewed or speaking on the floor of the house.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I was pleasantly surprised that Paul was only 150 votes or so behind Bachmann. Ron Paul's ideas seem to scare the daylights out of the status quo and the media it seems for sure. Matter of fact, if he wasn't 2nd in the Iowa Straw, one would have a hard time knowing he is even running. Funny how such a small old man can create such a giant fear.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
No

Rick Perry is gonna take it all

He has got the talk down, the hair and the rest

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've seen more ads and interviews with Ron Paul than either Bachmann or Perry.

Actually he's out there more than Romney now that I think of it. Maybe a reason he placed well in this poll.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I fail to see how the media is ignoring him when I see him all the time being interviewed or speaking on the floor of the house.

Care to elaborate?

Sure, I'll be happy to elaborate. I just went to four main stream websites, yahoo, foxnews, cnn, and washington post. All four had the exact same layout: Bachmann's picture and saying she won, underneath, Rick Perry announces presidential run, which is at least a day old news by now. Yahoo and fox mentioned Ron Paul, the others did not, fox even mentioned he was only 1 percent behind which makes me happy, but irrelevant, the point is, all four supposedly separate media outlets all have the exact same format with Bachmann photo (understandably because she won) and below it, "Rick Perry announces presidential bid." So the second news article on all four sites is a day old news article on Rick Perry's presidential run and he didn't even get top 3 at the straw poll. Imagine if they had for a couple days "Ron Paul wants to end the fed" and even when other things happen, like Bachmann wins, they still put right below her article "Ron Paul still wants to end the fed" but no, they don't do that, and this was four separate media websites mind you. And of course I'm not just talking about today, in 2008 the three remaining candidates running were John McCain, Obama, and Clinton, they didn't mention Ron Paul. Any of the Ron Paul fans on this website can attest to that. They completely ignored him 100 percent. The republican candidate was not even picked yet, and the media just pretended like McCain was running against no one, that everyone else just dropped out of the race. Is that responsible journalism? And although Ron Paul gets some media attention now they still do their best to ignore him at all costs.
edit on 13-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

At about 1:22 they cut off his speech. The assured viewers they would cover the candidates speeches without interruption.

Also, C-SPAN ran their results twice while excluding Ron Paul's numbers at all. I think this is what people are talking about. They downplay any success he has. They continue to make statements like, "Ron Paul is a fringe candidate. He is unelectable..."

The r3VOLution is determined to prove otherwise though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Umm, excuse me. There's a reason this was called a "straw poll." It was a fund raising event for the Iowa GOP. People had to pay $30.00 to purchase a ticket to be allowed to vote. There were somewhat over 16,000 "votes" total. This is about as valid as USA Today holding a "poll" and askin y'all come and punch the ticket for yer fave and having the more organized storm troopers fall all over themselves to push the poll their direction. Doesn't matter who won or lost. It's meaningless. Perry, a write in, beat Romney, who actively campaigned. Sheesh, people. Get a grip. This is folly.

And no, I'm not anti-Ron. I like him. I'm anti stupid polls.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It is no accident that Perry decided to announce at this moment. Everyone for a few months has been talking about how important this straw poll is. Ron Paul spent a lot of money to do well in Ames. TPTB knew that the MSM would LOVE to have an excuse to keep Dr. Paul out of the news when he did well today. It was a distraction. Now everyone is so caught up in Rick Perry's entrance that they aren't discussing how well Ron Paul did. No accident.

Also, this tactic should silence the critics who call Ron Paul an NWO shill. (tho you can't win em all...)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To be fair all Perrys votes were write ins. Its hard to compare that to the best position stall that Paul payed big $$ for.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul has also been in the Media preaching his message for the last 30 years. He has had plenty of air time and honestly I doubt you could find many people in America who don't know who Ron Paul is. He is very popular as his record breaking fund raising last election and his second place finish here shows.

Of course they are going to give more time to more current news. It was kind of assumed that Ron Paul would finish highly here anyways as he did last time.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by black0h
To be fair all Perrys votes were write ins. Its hard to compare that to the best position stall that Paul payed big $$ for.

I'm not saying Ron Paul is better than Rick Perry just because he beat him at a straw poll. I'm saying Perry had a poor showing and yet the media still backs him.

And Ron Paul gets nowhere near the attention that Michele Bachmann or Perry gets, so imagine how well Ron Paul would do if the media gave him the support they give the establishment candidates.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Paul did alot better than I was expecting. Ive been watching bits and pieces of the post-poll coverage and, atleast to me, the media seems to be talking more about Paul now. I watched a little bit of Hannity a few minutes ago, and he said he agrees with most of what Paul says, minus his foreign policy approach.

Side question - When is the next debate and who's going to be there?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes like her wonderful cover on Newsweek. I think Ron Paul would be better off without that kind of media. Half the stuff you see about Bachmann is extremely negative making her out to be a loon.

Perry will drop off the radar soon enough after he loses the first couple of States anyways.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this? This is pretty interesting!

Vote for Bachmann or NO Randy Travis!

I also heard that they handed out 4,000 tickets after hearing that Ron Paul had already given out 4,000+ tickets to the event. Interesting.

Either way, I'm glad he did so well and in all honesty, glad he didn't win so they can't say, "It wasn't an important poll."

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

I also heard that they handed out 4,000 tickets after hearing that Ron Paul had already given out 4,000+ tickets to the event. Interesting.

Either way, I'm glad he did so well and in all honesty, glad he didn't win so they can't say, "It wasn't an important poll."

Now it makes sense! The GOP pulled out the big guns. Randy Travis! Darn you Randy Travis, foiling us once again

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join