It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

That's the key. They are "silent" and not trying to pass their views into draconian laws. A simple "live and let live" approach that works. Tolerance doesn't mean acceptance. Tolerating something means you just have to put up with it. You don't have to approve of it.

If she can't handle the stress of a single heckler, then how in the heck is she going to handle the stress of China's, Israel's, Russia's leaders coming at her with their issues? What happens if there's a national disaster like another cat 5 hurricane or major earthquake? It's not like she can run away on a golf cart.

I wish she'd responded with a well thought out response, even if the logic was flawed. It would've have shown better character.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see Paul's numbers beat Perry.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

The one real homophobe in this thread was a troll. Can you name anyone else besides that person? I haven't seen that many really afraid of gay people.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

On the other hand, I'm glad to see Paul's numbers beat Perry.

You mean Parry with an A for America right?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Politically yes. I mean we have a thing called separation of Church and state for a reason. It does make her wrong and I'd go as far as to say a bad person.

Not to mention spineless because she fled from a 17 year old kid.

Please show me the language in the Constitution that separates Church and State? I'm a student of the document for over 20 years, have it virtually memorized and cannot seem to recall any language that separates the Church from the State and vice versa.

I do, however, remember reading the 1st Ammendment which prevents Congress from establishing a national religion AND also prevents Congress from passing any laws prohibiting the free expression of religion. Those would be the Establishment Clause and the Expression Clause, respectively. However, no appearance of language that states that the Church and State must never encounter one another. In fact, I even recall reading a number of documents penned by the founding father's that talks regularly of their Christian faith and principles being guiding factors in the founding of our government.

Now I'll address your post. She came, spoke and left. I'm not suprised that liberal blog trash site would call it "Fleeing". She doesn't condone a gay lifestyle... so what? Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

May I ask how this relates? That was the worst argument I've ever read. No where did I say I was talking about the constitution. I was talking about separation of church and state lol. You say that under the first amendment there cant be a national religion and they can't stop the free expression of religion. Okay so how about a gay person who believes in their religion that they can marry and be accepted into gods loving arms?

Can congress still stop them? Guess not. HEY GUIZE I FOUND A LOOP HOLE!
edit on 8/14/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Now I'll address your post. She came, spoke and left. I'm not suprised that liberal blog trash site would call it "Fleeing". She doesn't condone a gay lifestyle... so what? Deal with it.

No she was heckled then left without addressing the heckler. Who was a teenage kid.

How is it a liberal blog trash site? Did you investigate every article or is that just your opinion because it doesn't like Miss crazy?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
reply to post by drew1749

I am not gay but i get pissed that you controlling scum bags wont just
leave these people alone.They are very creative ,compassionate,and
descent people,there is not enough love in this world,why not let them
live the way they want,you manipulating religious jerk offs....

Was that directed at me? You do realize I am in super support of gay rights. I don't think religion should have anything to do with politics. Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I hate gay people.

Oh and also I know a bunch of gay people. Some of the coolest people I've ever known. They are people like anyone else.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

The answer to that remains to be seen. Should she become President, which she won't, she might try to overturn every gas policy issue out there. That would be wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

Exactly, respect is earned. Once the Mrs. Bachmann respects them, they might respect her. Gays shout to be heard by people like her. Otherwise they don't hear their pleas.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

But second class citizens shouldn't be heard or listened to amiright.

or at least that's what some of them might think

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Sorry this directed for you, not against you ,i for leaving people alone
what there sexual orientation should not be discussed,and that
Michelle Bachmann would be submissive to her husband when she
would be president.I wonder who would be ruling the white house
her husband and his religious cronies.......scary.......

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sorry this directed for you, not against you ,i for leaving people alone
what there sexual orientation should not be discussed,and that
Michelle Bachmann would be submissive to her husband when she
would be president.I wonder who would be ruling the white house
her husband and his religious cronies.......scary.......

So it was directed at the person who supports gay people and is mad a fundementalists for making Christians look bad and who wants sex left out of politics? Why? Why direct it for me? That's weird dude. You're for everything that i'm for yet you directed a comment at me? That's odd.

As to who would be ruling the white house...well it doesn't work like that. We don't have a king. Also her husband seems too gay to be aggressive (joke, I'm not being serious lol)

But seriously her in charge is bad enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I am not gay but i get pissed that you controlling scum bags wont just
leave these people alone.They are very creative ,compassionate,and
descent people,there is not enough love in this world,why not let them
live the way they want,you manipulating religious jerk offs....

I get sick of turning on the news and see these fundies talking about my rights like I'm something less than human. I've been with my partner for almost 13 years and we are only 33..while all of our friends that are straight have been divorced/cheat on each other/been in and out of tons of relationships...but I can't legally get married to my partner in my state...and no people...civil unions are not the same..there are over 1200 benefits that are not offered in civil unions opposed to marriage.

How does me being gay effect anyone else?

We are great neighbors always helping out elderly neighbors, pay lots and lots of taxes, have an enormous disposable income (no kids and don't want them), we both do volunteer work (he does homeless shelters and I do pet sancuaries), and our yard is the nicest on the block..how would us being married effect anything?

He is a big wig at AT&T, I would love to be on his insurance policy..the civil union does not allow me spouse benefits so it would cost me twice as much, so we pay for mine separately. If we lived in Iowa I would be covered. If we were married we would get a tax break instead of us both paying Single status.

Why are small government conservatives like Bachmann more than willing to stick their government nose in our lives?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

It's a good question. Mainly because they are insecure. I mean I don't see how politicans want to fix this moral issue of gay people when we have murderers and criminals all over the place. Hell some of them even in washington.

(no kids and don't want them)

If possible adopt before you get to old. I will say that's one thing I wish everyone can experience. Then again I love kids. Still don't have any myself but I plan in the future hopefully.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It's a good question. Mainly because they are insecure. I mean I don't see how politicans want to fix this moral issue of gay people when we have murderers and criminals all over the place. Hell some of them even in washington.

(no kids and don't want them)

If possible adopt before you get to old. I will say that's one thing I wish everyone can experience. Then again I love kids. Still don't have any myself but I plan in the future hopefully.

Well, we do have 2 little girls..the furry kind. A brown and yellow lab that we love and spoil more than most parents do their kids.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, we do have 2 little girls..the furry kind.

OH GOD! SAY IT ISN'T SO!

A brown and yellow lab that we love and spoil more than most parents do their kids.

Haha that's awesome. I am also a dog person. I have two great dogs myself. Then one annoying one. lol

Let's get back on topic though.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

May I ask how this relates? That was the worst argument I've ever read. No where did I say I was talking about the constitution. I was talking about separation of church and state lol. You say that under the first amendment there cant be a national religion and they can't stop the free expression of religion. Okay so how about a gay person who believes in their religion that they can marry and be accepted into gods loving arms?

Can congress still stop them? Guess not. HEY GUIZE I FOUND A LOOP HOLE!

I suspect you're suffering from a reading comprehension problem. Not suprising really...
I realized that you were talking about something that doesn't exist, namely separation of Church and State, so I put on a clinic on the Constitution which you failed to comprehend. Marriage, as defined by law, is one man and one woman. Whatever you want to do behind closed doors is your business, so keep it there!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! This is America, and if these politicians want to pick and choose their fights they're probably not up to the job.

Don't dance around the issue, face it head on. If you don't believe in equalities for gays than stand by your beliefs! Don't flee because you're afraid you're going to lose the gay vote! Americans are tired of lying politicians and side stepping issues by rambling on incoherently.

Too many politicians try playing both sides of the fence. When they're elected into office, they're true beliefs shine through.

Hecklers ask the tough questions our media turns a blind eye to. Now politicians want to stack the deck by only allowing their supporters to attend their rallies. That isn't the America I know.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

No she was heckled then left without addressing the heckler. Who was a teenage kid.

How is it a liberal blog trash site? Did you investigate every article or is that just your opinion because it doesn't like Miss crazy?

Oh, I see... she is crazy because she didn't address a heckler. Got it!

Also, you didn't know Huffington post was a liberal blog trash site? So, you were the last to know. Everyone else is well aware.

For the record, I don't support Michelle Bachman and would not vote for her. But I am enjoying the histrionics displayed by the liberals over her.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join