It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good News Corner: Riots, Redemption and Remote Controlled Cars. (ep2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Good News Corner

Hello ATSer's and welcome to another episode of The Good News Corner. It been a very interesting week in the MSM. Riots seem to be the topic of the day, atleast here in the sunny UK anyway. Now, no matter what you thought of the looters theres one thing we can all agree on, they sure did make a mess. This mess prompted a few to don their brooms and bin bags and enroll into;

The Broom Army.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a0fe855445b.jpg[/atsimg]

Following the riots in London, crowds of people turned out Wednesday to help clean up the glass and ashes left on the streets of cities across the country.

Andrew Bayles joined the volunteer army in Clapham Junction. "The riots were shocking and I was really rocked to the core by what was going on."

Brooms at the ready.

Thats face it these riots were not the revolution we have all been waiting for, they were for all intensive purposes the anti-revolution. All these kids have done is given the government reason to push through legislation to ban legitimate protests. Having said that, they have also allowed these young few (broom army) to shine and show that Britain still has the community spirit that we have long since forgotten about. And for that I salute them.

And know, its time for........

The Good News Corners, Song of The Week.

I had another song in mind for this week but for some reason, just before posting I felt this was the appropriate tune. Please Enjoy.

Wonderful. Let us continue.

Our next story comes from the world of medical science;

'Huge' Cancer Breakthrough Cures 2 of 3 Leukemia Patients

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4b0f4102a16.jpg[/atsimg]

A new leukemia treatment has experts buzzing over a possible cure that may one day change cancer treatment forever.

The experimental treatment delivered extraordinary results to the three leukemia patients who received it. Two of the three are now cancer-free.

Doctors genetically engineered white blood cells from the patients to make the cells kill the cancer.

Cancer Cure?

This is possible the greatest news I have heard for a long time. I have believed for a while that we will see a cure for cancer, within my life-time and now it seems this could come true. That fact that this is being reported in the MSM is also a big "YES", as atleast now its in the puplic's minds.

Our third and final article is one of pure genius;

He Saved Six Soldiers’ Lives - With a Toy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/849494220ec5.jpg[/atsimg]

When he needed a way to help ensure his brother would come home safe from tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, Ernie Fessenden didn’t resort to rocket science. Instead, he turned to toys. Teaming up with local hobby store owner Kevin Guy, the Rochester, Minn., resident employed some good old-fashioned American ingenuity to solve the problem. And their simple invention, using a toy truck, has saved the lives of six soldiers. In 2007, Fessenden and Guy sent Fessenden’s brother, Staff Sgt. Chris Fessenden, a radio-controlled (RC) model truck outfitted with a wireless video camera to help him check for bombs under trucks and search for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on roadsides in Iraq.

RCs and Roadside Bombs

As the saying goes, "good ideas save lives" and this simple idea saved the lives of many.

And with that this marks the end of another episode of The Good News Corner but before I go I leave you with a quote from Edward Everett Hale.

I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Have a great weekend.

ALS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any good news, songs or quotes you want to see in the next episode please U2U or post them in this thread.

edit on 13-8-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I knew this would tank, I guess ATS just doesn't do good news. Next week episode will be 2012, Nibiru and world war 3.

ALS

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thought this was a pretty cool little story.

A parishioner at a Georgia church dropped three winning lottery tickets, totaling more than $4,000, into the collection plate. The church plans to use the money to pay part of its mortgage and other monthly bills.
WXIA-TV's Jeerry Carnes reports.

www.happynews.com...

ALS

join