It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"gangsta" fad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is just like anything. People take it to far, people are stupid sometimes. It gets old, People move on. If you worrie about YOU... Things will be all Good!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
guess what, my brother and his friends there 14 and they are starting a street gang. they have colors, gang symbols, handshakes, bandannas the whol 9 yards and they are walking around the strip mall with super soakers. what goofballs.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
PhantomPatriot,

Just take the advice spittincobra put forth (see below) apparantly what you see with your brother's can't possibly happen, music doesn't influence kids minds at all.... Noooo...

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This is just like anything. People take it to far, people are stupid sometimes. It gets old, People move on. If you worrie about YOU... Things will be all Good!
:shk:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Its not motivated by music they are just doing it to be silly and for something to do. they say they are gonna walk in blockbuster and talk about renting bozy in the hood. its all a joke.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That's good to hear.... However, it's not like that alot of times....Many kids join real gangs to "belong" and because they think they have to prove something.
:shk: But i'm getting off topic here, and i've said all that i need to say, ladies, it's been a good discussion and I don't want to keep beating a dead horse...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
PhantomPatriot,

Just take the advice spittincobra put forth (see below) apparantly what you see with your brother's can't possibly happen, music doesn't influence kids minds at all.... Noooo...

True Im glad you have to world figrued out.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hope everybody realizes he and his friends are just goofing around and someone who takes it all more seriously doesn't give them a hard time. It's tough to go out and act goofy and have fun anymore with some of the hardcases out there.

If everybody only looked out for themselves, we'd be in one hell of a nasty place.

I'm done too, said all I have to say on it. Good thread and very interesting opinions.

Dollah dollah bill, y'all! *L*

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
True Im glad you have to world figrued out.

I'm glad you understand...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Part of the Hip Hop culture:

Def Poetry Jam

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Part of the Hip Hop culture:

Def Poetry Jam

No thanks... I'm sick of this thread, I think we beat it down enough... Now i'm hungry...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i think my borthers gang is gettin for real because his friends think its all a joke he said " they wanna have some gay ass name like the kekumbas when we should be the killas, this aint no joke this is serious, were goofin off but we cant be actin like punk ass bustas when we do it they no nothin bout gangs and there tryin to take over." its still a joke but apparently his friends are actin like "busters"

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
sad sad sad....

i did not read the whole thread, but i have to put my 2 cents in.

i agree that the 'rap' culture is degrading to society, but what isnt. ibonics is not a language but a dialect that shouldnt be brushed off as stupid. sure its not proper language, but it has everything to do with the african american and his/her roll throughout history in the USA. it is not an act. it is cultural. degrading? yes sometimes. Americans are ignorant in general. Its not just the 'rappers' either. Everytime i visit, i am disgusted by the blatant lack of freethinking. of course its not all americans, but too many people are brainwashed by their televisions. that is why we have all these wannabe thugs. mainstream 'rap' is a branch of the larger tree called 'pop.' its about money. i have a love and hate relationship with rap music. some of my favorite albums have been classified as 'rap' but they are more artistic and inspiring than many a 'singer with guitar' to me. i hate how mainstream 'rappers' exploit the artform. every genre has them. there IS quality music available that falls under the 'rap' genre, but you wont find it in any 'gangsters' ride, or on MTV2 for that matter. i live in europe, and the hiphop scene here is real. here its about creativity, inovation, and fellowship. i can go to a jam and totally connect with other mC's Dj's Bboys and Grafheads. lT IS PEACEFULL. Unfortunatley, those qualities in hiphop have dissapeared from the USA. i know you guys just hear garbage, but i stand by hip hop, for what it was and could be. what does it matter, this thread is dead anyways.

-lost

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Dead as day old dogs**t, but still....

keep in mind, this thread was never about all rap, r&b or hip hop. It was about gansta rap. Gangsta rap. Not all rap. Gangsta rap. Not hip hop, but anything in that genre that can be shelved along with Gangsta Rap. Sometimes people only see the "rap" part of the sentence and don't really take time to think of exactly what is being discussed, what is being thought about. There is some good rap out there, rap that tells a story or reflects the real life conditions in the ghetto or projects. Some of the gangstas even have a few good ones that are about their struggle in society and what happens in their neighborhood. This is not what this thread was about. It's about gangsta rap promoting and encouraging a lifestyle which is detrimental to the development of impressionable youths listening to it and trying to live it. Not a wholesale trashing of rap in general.

*outtie*

[Edited on 27-8-2004 by torque]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Can you give an example of todays "gangster rappers"?

I can only think of one.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head....some of these people went on to rap about more mellow and "peaceful" stuff but I'm talking about before that....

1. Nas
  2. Eazy E
  3. Compton's Most Wanted
  4. Snoop Dogg
  5. Notrious B.I.G.
  6. Scarface
  7. Outkast
  8. Ice T
  9. Dr. Dre
  10. Eminem

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head....some of these people went on to rap about more mellow and "peaceful" stuff but I'm talking about before that....

1. Nas NO
  2. Eazy E Yes, but dead and old school
  3. Compton's Most WantedAgain old school
  4. Snoop Dogg Snoop is an old school gangster, Has moved on now.
  5. Notrious B.I.G. Yes, but dead and old school. Him and Tupac Are the oraginal Gangsters Of rap.
  6. Scarface Sorry no
  7. OutkastHELL NO
  8. Ice T His a Pimp, not a gangster.
  9. Dr. Dre When he was with death row
  10. Eminem He is far from gangster rap.

The only true gangster rappers out now is 50 and is crew G-Unit. The G does not stand for gangster.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
yup i agree 50 cent and g-unit are the only REAL gangster rappers, BTW the G stands for guerilla.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i dont have any problems with other races except this one. WARNING: i will use the n word here. how come blacks can call us crackers as much as they want and nobody does or says anything but when we call them 'n-word's were just about hated by everybody everywhere?

note that i warned you about the n word and not cracker. see?

note that i said "the n word" and i said " cracker". i didnt say the c word.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubble boy
i dont have any problems with other races except this one. WARNING: i will use the n word here. how come blacks can call us crackers as much as they want and nobody does or says anything but when we call them 'n-word's were just about hated by everybody everywhere?

note that i warned you about the n word and not cracker. see?

note that i said "the n word" and i said " cracker". i didnt say the c word.

Do you know where the term cracker came from?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I miss spoke when I said there was only one gangster group left, WestSide Connection.
Mack-10
WC
Ice-Cube

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join